BaseUp! Rosters 2011 VER 1.64

Gordo

Before you are ready to export the files (there will be 19 small .dat files exported in all), go into tools and check errors. Ideally you should have none if you watched all of your moves.

One of the big things to avoid is moving a starting pitcher in the 1st slot of any team to another team. Before you move a pitcher in that slot, you should change him to a different slot, then move him. It will save you headaches..... believe me.

Prior to exporting, I would set up a temporary folder on your desktop. Name it something like "A1". It's just easier to find that way.... again, trust me.

Then, go to file / export / dat files or hit the big export button. If you have no critical errors, MVPedit should allow you to export. Browse for the "A1" folder you created and export to there. In a few seconds, you'll have those 19 .dat files. Move them to your data/database subfolder. Voi-freakin-la! :)

(btw.... this now becomes your base or default rosters in game. If you go into Roster Management, you should see the changes that you made)

I got it thanks.

BTW, I'm a bit of a Nationals buff. If you have any questions about their prospects, send me a message.

Brad Peacock should be way higher. Throws low to mid 90s and has a slider, not a curve. I believe he's one of the best pitchers in AA ball right.

I'm sure you are correct, but if you've been following along with this roster project, the emphasis is 40 man rosters being as accurate as possible, especially for those who are seeing rather significant time on an MLB field. Along the way I'll be using Pitch f/x's graphs to more accurately represent pitchers' pitches, but that will be quite an undertaking. I'll have to pick at it along the way.

If Peacock comes up, I'll be sure to address what he needs.

It's funny, but when you Google "mvp 08 total conversion mod" , the very first result takes you to the EAmods page. Should be some kind of redirect, no?

Never underestimate the stupidity of lazy people...

Unfortunately, not everyone posts in the thread as they should, but I thought this recent posting merited being in the thread where more people my see the information:

cardenalesfan

Today, 12:00 AM | #7

hi awesome work but i got a few corrections firs you got jhon van benschoten twice on the scranton the AAA of the yanks and he is not even a yankees player, also in the scranton you got jhon weber that he is also not a yankees player, Joba Chamberline of the new york yankees is out for the season, you got jose lopez in FA but hi is now playing iwith the Marlins in the major's team, you dont create Luis Jimenez 1B/DH and he is one of the best hitters in the AAA of the Seattle Mariners, and also you miss charlie Blackmon on the Colorado Rockies.

just a few corrections, forgive mi english if i write something wrong but im from Venezuela

Thanks Great Work!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

daflyboys

Today, 04:03 PM | #8

I see what you mean about Van Benschoten. I didn't catch it because he has had no MLB appearance since 2008 (one will be eliminated). You are also correct about Jon Weber, but again he has not seen MLB time, though will move him to FA because he is in the IND league (Winnipeg Goldeyes). Regarding Chamberlain, it was not known at the time that he would be out for the season when the rosters were released 3 weeks ago. Jose Lopez was signed on June 9th, but probably wasn't announced until June 10th, right at the time of the roster release. Luis Jimenez I'm sure is good, but has not played for the Mariners this year and is not even on the 40 man rosters for the Mariners. As far as Charlie Blackmon, as you can see he only recently made his MLB debut a few days before the roster came out, so was not significant enough to include at the time and I indicated in the thread (BaseUp! Rosters 1.64 thread) that he would be created and placed in the next release. Thanks for checking behind me and I'm glad you're enjoying the rosters!!

Placido Polanco Batting Stange kazuo Matsui and

Jose Reyes Batting Stange Reggie Jackson

I'll find some video and consider changing them if worthwhile. To this point I haven't changed anything regarding batting stances or too many pitcher delivery types.

Addendum: Got a chance to check them both out. I like them and will implement them. Interestingly, I couldn't find 1 versus 2 handed swings in the "edit player' option in game, but in addition to stances in the editor, there's swing types; 3 - 1 handed ones and 2 - 2 handed ones. I need to test these out in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-All Star Game update:

I'll be releasing an All-Star Weekend edition. I'll try to figure out how to make All-Star rosters as well. In addition to the players above, I'll create Mike Trout as far as significant debuts over the last two months. Looks like they're going to start bringing him along.

If anyone has a suggestion for batting stance, let me know.

i am completely new to this, but i have put the 19 .dat files into the data folder and when i open my game the rosters have not changed at all...looking for some help

You put them in the wrong folder. They don't go in the data folder. They go in the data\database folder.

i am completely new to this, but i have put the 19 .dat files into the data folder and when i open my game the rosters have not changed at all...looking for some help

Ok, Jim already helped you on this subject but all I can add to this is for you to take your time in the future when you are installing anything. This here is an easy fix for you, all you had to do was move those files in the right directory. But the next time, read the installation instructions and always, and I mean always, back up your files before installing anything.

Good point. I'll do that. Thanks. It's going to take some time to actually do the work versus sitting back and waiting for someone to do something while begging for them to do more. I'll take care of it. Anything else you need me to do?

Archived