Base Up! Rosters For 2013 ~ Preview

Gordo

Giving you guys a preview for this coming season's Base Up! Rosters.

In addition to, of course, the correct moves, this year's edition will feature:

* updated hot/cold zones for every player who played even in a nominal amount of MLB games as given by MLB Gameday box score extended features.

*adjusted contact/power numbers for proper splits based on recent avgs.

*all starters and relievers (with nominal appearances) will have control numbers adjusted for 2012 ERA numbers as well as adjustments for accurate pitch types and speeds.

*speeds adjusted for necessary players.

*AAA teams with greater accuracy and overall fuller organizations to help avoid freezing/crashing.

That's all I can think of for now..... working on others tweaks to improve gameplay to be as sim as possible while you're actually in game.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're more than welcome...but there's going to be more!

I found, after posting above, the number rankings I was looking for via FanGraphs for fielding! I'll now be able to do comparative numbers for arm strength and range. There will probably still be upper limits on range (as I think that 15 via the editor is simply too superhuman), but I'll have a chance to have more consistency, though I won't know what to do with CAPs.

You're more than welcome...but there's going to be more!

I found, after posting above, the number rankings I was looking for via FanGraphs for fielding! I'll now be able to do comparative numbers for arm strength and range. There will probably still be upper limits on range (as I think that 15 via the editor is simply too superhuman), but I'll have a chance to have more consistency, though I won't know what to do with CAPs.

What the hell, if you are going to have accurate fielding for this roster I'm not going to start Jeter in any of my games. :D

Hey Fly, let me know if there's anything I can help you with for this roster. I work in a Grapefruit League spring training town and the last few years I've picked up the visiting roster each day and that evening checked it against the game rosters.

Oh, and disregard a post I sent in the old roster thread just a bit ago, I sent that before I saw this.

• 1 month later...

Thanks jax..... what would be more helpful is pointing me to some type of scouting site that speaks to the attributes of a fielder or pitcher. It's hard to create new players when there's no "data" or indication of style and ability.

As far as the rosters, they will be integrated with the MVP13 total mod. Kyle has been great in working with me on these to make that happen. As of now the AL is done per the MLBdepthcharts prospectives. Stability was checked as far as each of the 15 teams being able to start an exhibition game. Just started balancing the NL now with the Braves and Phillies completed. Probably won't get the NL done until Sunday night.

As far as release, we'll keep seriously/significantly injured players visible, but at lower levels of the organization in case someone wants to inject them back into the line-up (though keep in mind that during a season the cpu will probably do that anyway). I will probably release an alternate roster soon after MVP13 total mod's release that keeps these players totally off the roster. Keep in mind that I'm not doing any alterations for minor leaguers, unless I've already done so because they had some substantial MLB time previously.

Rosters aren't completed because teams aren't actually set, plus this is only for MLB level at this point. So it would be premature. I know some roster makers like to do that, but I've never understood it. There are dozens of guys who are invited in right now who are going to be released. Besides, the way I did this was to import the completed teams to an existing stable roster, so there would be duplicates of players I'm sure.

If you can't wait for opening day, I believe there are "Winter" rosters in the DL section done by ARkey.

Rosters aren't completed because teams aren't actually set, plus this is only for MLB level at this point. So it would be premature. I know some roster makers like to do that, but I've never understood it. There are dozens of guys who are invited in right now who are going to be released. Besides, the way I did this was to import the completed teams to an existing stable roster, so there would be duplicates of players I'm sure.

If you can't wait for opening day, I believe there are "Winter" rosters in the DL section done by ARkey.

That's cool. I've been using those Winter rosters and making the major updates. I can wait until Opening Day.

NL should be done as of tonight as long as testing doesn't show any quick crashes (only SD and SF to do and they seem to have all veterans). I can then move on to AAA. Kyle..... I can also then upload to dropbox for your review (prior to finishing AAA, that is).

Still have some tweaks to do.... but this is the early '13 total team ranking preview per MLBdepthcharts:

1. Dodgers
  2. Bosox
  3. Angels
  4. Yankees
  5. Tigers
  6. Nationals
  7. Blue Jays
  8. Reds
  9. Giants
  10. Cardinals
  11. Orioles
  12. Indians
  13. Rays
  14. Rangers
  15. Braves
  16. Phillies
  17. Rockies
  18. Chisox
  19. Royals
  20. D'Backs
  21. Brewers
  22. Cubs
  23. Padres
  24. Pirates
  25. A's
  26. Mets
  27. Twins
  28. Marlins
  29. Mariners
  30. Astros

There you go!

I'm presently trying to match up catcher's SB put out % with last years stats and have a little "formula" to do so. Lots of MLB catchers I noticed have wimpy arms in what I had before and just seemed realistic. Unfortunately the game doesn't have separate OF/IF/C throw speed sliders.

I'm also considering trying to use the formulas from fangraphs to do some fielder's adjustments, but haven't put the time toward it at this point. Probably won't have time to integrate that in for opening day, but strongly considering it for the future.

I'm actually working on doing stats for the 2012 season. I've only done 5 teams but I just started working on it wednesday and I'm off the next two days so hopefully I can get it done soon but no promises.. I'm only updating stats shown in-game, updating career stats and batting splits would take way too long.