Mvp Baseball: The Documentary

Kccitystar

Can someone tell me what kickstarter is?

It's a site that's helps setup crowdfunding for projects created by people/communities. When you set up a project, there is a funding goal and deadline, and there's an all-or-nothing approach to it: If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, everyone who donated/pleged to fund this project has their credit cards charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged anything, and nobody loses money.

Whatever is on Kickstarter has to be a project, something with a clear goal, like making an album, a book, or a work of art. A project will eventually be completed, and something will be produced by it. If a project is successfully funded, Kickstarter takes 5% from whatever the project funding goal was.

It has been a long time. Thanks for the invite back, KC.

Modding was a huge part of my life, and I'll second that interview of the spouses, LOL. My wife hated it when I modded.

Anyway, it's crazy to think of how MVP modding evolved, first with Everdever's discovery of OEdit and then the introduction of Zmod and figuring out how to add things and add collision data so we could actually change the dimensions and features of the ballparks themselves.

It's a shame 2K editing never got to that level, though I think my wife would think differently...

Anyway, I'd love to be part of this somehow.

It has been a long time. Thanks for the invite back, KC.

Modding was a huge part of my life, and I'll second that interview of the spouses, LOL. My wife hated it when I modded.

Anyway, it's crazy to think of how MVP modding evolved, first with Everdever's discovery of OEdit and then the introduction of Zmod and figuring out how to add things and add collision data so we could actually change the dimensions and features of the ballparks themselves.

It's a shame 2K editing never got to that level, though I think my wife would think differently...

Anyway, I'd love to be part of this somehow.

Haha, welcome back!

About the 2K editing....

We did find out how to edit the textures to get results that we wanted, but it's been difficult if only because we rely a lot on the NBA 2K modding community for tools/resources since the file systems are the same for both sports games. I think it was discovered how to move objects in the stadiums, but not able to add stuff though.

I'm wondering, since kickstarter was mentioned, what would be the incentives for people to pitch in? What can we offer? I mean I already had the goal of putting it up on YouTube to be archived forever....

Some ideas in no order what so ever

Name in the credits

Copy of soundtrack (might have legal issues)

A Signed copy

A full 720p Download (youtube allows 720p but butchers the bitrate)

A full 1080p Download (youtube allows 1080p but butchers the bitrate)

A Blu-ray copy (burned)

A DVD copy (burned)

A copy of the game

Select mods (2006-2012 Total Conversions with menu system to select game)

Select mods (complete Total Classics set with menu system to select game)

A complete copy of all mods on the site

Donor status on site (allows for more than 2 downloads per day)

just to name a few

About the 2K editing....

We did find out how to edit the textures to get results that we wanted, but it's been difficult if only because we rely a lot on the NBA 2K modding community for tools/resources since the file systems are the same for both sports games. I think it was discovered how to move objects in the stadiums, but not able to add stuff though.

MVP relied on the FIFA & NFS (nba live toward the end) modding community for tools/resources, besides MVPedit most tools came from other games. We created a lot of frontends for tools to make things easier but the tools the were built for other games

You can include MVP Caribe 2012 and WBC Caribe 2013 in that list, Kraw. Nice to see you all. :)

I can help producing or directing the documentary, I've done some work in the past producing a weekly segment for a Mexican baseball show on YouTube, so I have knowledge about that stuff.

Some ideas in no order what so ever

Name in the credits

Copy of soundtrack (might have legal issues)

A Signed copy

A full 720p Download (youtube allows 720p but butchers the bitrate)

A full 1080p Download (youtube allows 1080p but butchers the bitrate)

A Blu-ray copy (burned)

A DVD copy (burned)

A copy of the game

Select mods (2006-2012 Total Conversions with menu system to select game)

Select mods (complete Total Classics set with menu system to select game)

A complete copy of all mods on the site

Donor status on site (allows for more than 2 downloads per day)

just to name a few

These are awesome ideas man, they just need to be split into tiers.

I say we name the tiers after the difficulty settings in the game :)

I can try to get words from players like Luis Mendoza from the Kansas City Royals, he has a great story of how he first got MVP Caribe, he saw Nelson Cruz playing it in the clubhouse when he was with the Rangers.

Btw, some of the money can be used to get permission from MLB to use their trademarks, just saying.

Humbly, I'm going to have to pass. IMO, this documentary (which is a fantastic idea, by the way) should be reserved for those that made MVP 2005 what it is today. For those that put in long hours modding and/or creating programs that changed the face of this game, which after nearly 9 years, is still going strong. And for Trues for creating and stabilizing a community that has brought thousands together to enjoy the game of baseball.

I merely took advantage of that hard work, like thousands of others, and enjoyed the fruits of their labors.

That being said, I have spent more time here at Mods that I have anywhere else, and have enjoyed and made tons of friends as a result. The impact of this site in conjunction with meeting other hardcore baseball gamers will always be with me. I've never had more fun presenting the game of baseball through my dynasties, which really gave me the opportunity to share the game and make life long friends.

Something that will never change.

However, this is only my personal opinion, and however the documentary is to be presented will be a masterpiece. I have no doubt. There is so much to cover from the inception to this site and finally what it has become today. It's incredible, really.

Finally, thanks so much for the offer, I truly and fully appreciate it and will continue to follow this thread and hope this project comes to life.

Thanks for the response Joe.

I've tried to reach out to everyone I know, while it's been hard, I know a project of this magnitude is going to be fun to see it through from start to finish. We've got a ton of creative people participating in this endeavor, however, I think there should be a list about potential non-modder candidates to be in the documentary, like a big name associated with the MVP series, like someone from the old development team or something.

I immediately thought of Ben Brinkman, but I take it he's busy being Executive Producer of the Call of Duty games. Another name is Brent Nielsen, who was one of the guys who was associated with the Triple Play games and was one of the guys who was integral to the development of MVP Baseball.

I do not know how to reach them, but I do know Nielsen has a twitter account...

I also thought of probably a current baseball player or a player who has been aware of our work, be it Total Classics, any of the Total Conversion mods or even MVP Caribe.

I think we should try to figure out what we can/can't legally do in terms of MLB/EA related stuff though.

A film has to be released in at least 1 theater before released in any other medium to be eligible for an Oscar :)

well i guess it's gonna have to be a red carpet release then.

KC, have you tried to get a hold of Zach? another modder from the past and i believe he was a film major or something like that.

I immediately thought of Ben Brinkman, but I take it he's busy being Executive Producer of the Call of Duty games. Another name is Brent Nielsen, who was one of the guys who was associated with the Triple Play games and was one of the guys who was integral to the development of MVP Baseball.

I do not know how to reach them, but I do know Nielsen has a twitter account...

Getting in touch with EA should help us to get their phone numbers or emails, it seems that Nielsen rarely uses twitter...

I think we should try to figure out what we can/can't legally do in terms of MLB/EA related stuff though.

Without MLB it would be hard, censor all the MLB related information (players, logos, stadiums).. There has to be a method to get MLB's help with this, we need to talk with the PR guys or the MLB Advanced Media staff.