Mlb2K14Bybsufan

BSU-FAN

I tried adding the CAP/CAT slots from 3506 to 3851 and added more slots to make room for the guys I replaced from 3506 to 3851. All it did was break those player names so there's a guy with ******* as a last name (no profanity just asterisks) and another guy further down with asterisks on every other letter of his last name. Basically the roster got very wonky for me. Send me a PM and I will try to hex-edit the overlay colors (every roster I am looking for to replace in game overlay colors has a uniquely different offset that I look for) and send that your way

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys - Trying to follow along, but a lot of this is going over my head. I started a franchise with BSU's second release of this roster. Is there a problem that will cause my franchise to fail at some point? I didn't do a draft or anything, I always like to start my franchise with "reality", and then let it go from there.

Hi guys - Trying to follow along, but a lot of this is going over my head. I started a franchise with BSU's second release of this roster. Is there a problem that will cause my franchise to fail at some point? I didn't do a draft or anything, I always like to start my franchise with "reality", and then let it go from there.

In BSUs 2nd release you have to control all 30 teams and take care of staff hiring yourself after the 7th season or it crashes. If you do that then it's fine

In BSUs 2nd release you have to control all 30 teams and take care of staff hiring yourself after the 7th season or it crashes. If you do that then it's fine

Cool.. I am not controlling all 30 teams (I'll make a separate post about that just for everyone's opinion), but with guru reditior you can adjust this to go beyond 7 seasons, right?

Cool.. I am not controlling all 30 teams (I'll make a separate post about that just for everyone's opinion), but with guru reditior you can adjust this to go beyond 7 seasons, right?

My understanding is that you can use reditor to also correct this from what I've read from BSU. But I've never used the guru Verison so I can't say for sure that's correct hopefully BSU can answer this for sure.

The hard limit is 7 seasons. You can't technically go beyond that.

Just to clarify, I was wondering if it was possible to use the editor to add years to the coaching staff contracts after playind 6 seasons.

Yes this is possible. If you have the guru version of reditor you can control one team and extend the coaching contracts as it gets near. KC was just saying you cant edit them out any further then 7 years at a time via the editor.

Yes this is possible. If you have the guru version of reditor you can control one team and extend the coaching contracts as it gets near. KC was just saying you cant edit them out any further then 7 years at a time via the editor.

Does this crash the game in the stock 2K roster? I have a theory that maybe it could be the player slot issue as there wouldn't be any room for generated staff

7.31 you after the trading deadline until they release a new version?
Wanted to tell you that your minor league player headshots repeats ID number
And the astronaut team colors (no clothing) refers to the astronauts on the scoreboard's color is orange
Pirate 2AYao-Hsun Yang you have still not made

how many players can i create with this roster?? i just want to add some players like mookie betts, brandon finnegan..

Just 3 more players can be created with V2 but in V3 which will be out sometime before or during the all star break you will be able to create many more players. Also Mookie Betts is already on the roster...He is down in AA for the Redsox in V2.

Hey BSU would it be possible of you to release a version of your next update with the default staff to avoid the crash issue. If it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to release a 2nd version I'm not sure how much work would go into that just a thought. I love your rosters I just am not a fan of controlling all the teams

Technically you don't "control" all teams. You set them up so that the team(s) you want to play, you have the hands on ability to make their day to day decisions. The CPU controlled Teams are all set to make their own changes both at Major and minor league levels. You then have no ability to use or change those Teams day to day operations. BUT !! If something comes up that you dont like, say a team traded 5 minor leaguers for Micky Mantle, you then could step in and stop that from happennig.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically you don't "control" all teams. You set them up so that the team(s) you want to play, you have the hands on ability to make their day to day decisions. The CPU controlled Teams are all set to make their own changes both at Major and minor league levels. You then have no ability to use or change those Teams day to day operations. BUT !! If something comes up that you dont like, say a team traded 5 minor leaguers for Micky Mantle, you then could step in and stop that from happennig.

Trades are the reason I don't like controlling all 30 teams in that I never have seen them happen. I don't know if I have a setting off or what but I've tried it many times and I just never see any trades happen unless I make them. IMO that just makes it unrealistic even more then the staff as when you are playing a game you are pretty much the manager yourself.

Trades are the reason I don't like controlling all 30 teams in that I never have seen them happen. I don't know if I have a setting off or what but I've tried it many times and I just never see any trades happen unless I make them. IMO that just makes it unrealistic even more then the staff as when you are playing a game you are pretty much the manager yourself.

I feel pretty much the same way. Never see any trades or free agent signings that aren't instigated by me when I control all the teams (and proposing trades that have to be accepted by me as the opposing GM just isn't fun, and the draft is complicated in terms of wanting to "do right" by all the other teams). I think it's a matter of how you play. I think a lot of people want to play a season and do all the moves to reflect actual MLB throughout the year. I seem to be in the minority, but I like to start with "reality" and then take it years into the future based in my own little world.

Note -- I've controlled just one team, and found that after 8 or so seasons, you feel kind of trapped and want to control another team for a new challenge. So I've tried controlling all 30, and didn't like it for the reasons I stated previously. So, this time around, I've decided to pick one team from each division that stays under my control, and let the computer handle the other 24. Seems like a happy medium.

Note 2 -- I can't stop thinking that a PC game that came out in 1999 (FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!) offered options to change your controlled team, the schedule (interleague or no interleague, balanced schedule or non balanced schedule). Hight Heat 2000 was way ahead of it's time in features. Hard to belive that now we have this graphically beautiful game that's fun to play, and it's left out features that were standard in the "dark ages". Sure wish there were MLB 2K equivilents of the TY Wiggans utilities for MVP.

Note 2 -- I can't stop thinking that a PC game that came out in 1999 (FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!) offered options to change your controlled team, the schedule (interleague or no interleague, balanced schedule or non balanced schedule). Hight Heat 2000 was way ahead of it's time in features. Hard to belive that now we have this graphically beautiful game that's fun to play, and it's left out features that were standard in the "dark ages". Sure wish there were MLB 2K equivilents of the TY Wiggans utilities for MVP.

It is sad how 2k couldn't even give us things that games years and years ago had. Real sad

But thankfully we have a lot of great modders like BSU fan who keep the game alive. Even though this roster isn't the one for me the one I do use that was uploaded in May is based off his roster from a year ago. So I'm enjoying his work. It's sad that people like BSU fan,Kcstar,and all the other great modders for 2k do a better job then those who were paid well to make the game.