MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

Do I install patch #2 with the TiT?  And if so is there a step by step process I can view to see how that is done properly?  So to recap, I have a clean copy of MVP.  Then I install patch #2.  Then I install the MVP 15 mod?  Then the MVP Patch 1 listed above by kyleb?

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MVP 15 Patch 1 is taking me almost an hour to install using TIT.  I did a clean install of MVP 2005, Installed patch #2, and installed the MVP 15 mode.  But when I try to install MVP 15 patch #1 with TIT It hangs for a long time and does not look like its doing anything.  I get the screen saying its installing textures and something else and that is it.

It's the ultimate mod.

I just have a few gripes with player potentials, but that's why we have MVPedit :)

​Player potentials meaning what?  That's not an attribute in MVPedit.  Do you mean "Star Power"?  If so, I based that on last years WAR rating, it's not just arbitrary..  Also, I can tell you that one guy I missed on speed is George Springer.  I'd edit him to about an 87.

Waiting for uploads to get fixed.  I made a desktop icon:

5pplra.jpg

Probably do cpu vs cpu rosters as well as I think some are still interested in them.

Installed everything with the patch.  I will say that I think the resolution for which you set it can really matter in OS above XP.  I would say that if you are crashing with this, first run it on 800 x 600 and go from there.  For some reason 1280 x 1024 crashed for me but used the res changer to go 1280 x 960 and it worked fine.  I'm personally not a fan of the stretched look.

So a big thanks to kyleb and everyone who contributed to make this happen.  But, kyleb was definitely the driving force and is the ultimate project manager!

MVP 15 Patch 1 is taking me almost an hour to install using TIT.  I did a clean install of MVP 2005, Installed patch #2, and installed the MVP 15 mode.  But when I try to install MVP 15 patch #1 with TIT It hangs for a long time and does not look like its doing anything.  I get the screen saying its installing textures and something else and that is it.

It froze for me but that's because I just clicked through installing TIT. I closed the process as well as killing off tyzip.exe (which will be mentioned again below) to reinstall TIT. So ​I just installed Patch 1 successfully, and this is what I did:

1) I installed Total Installer Thingy with one change: The utility itself assumes your game is installed in the 64-bit Program Files folder and not the 32 bit folder (the one with the x86).

If you made the same mistake I did, make sure you reinstall TiT as admin (right click on "install_TiT_2.0.5.exe" and select "Run as Administrator") with the following directory (assuming you did not install MVP Baseball 2005 in a different folder):

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\MVP Baseball 2005\

If you get an error about some program called tyzip.exe, it means that it's running and you have to end the process through Task Manager.

To do this, you can press CTRL+Alt+Esc to bring up the Task Manager, then click the Processes tab. Look for tyzip.exe and right click on it -> End Process.
Retry the installation, or click Retry on the dialogue box the setup displayed for tyzip.exe. It should be successful.

2) Run Total Installer Thingy as Admin by right clicking the Total Installer Thingy shortcut on your desktop and selecting run as administrator. This will allow the program to make changes within the Program Files folder.

In the dialogue box that will show up, navigate to where Patch 1.7z is located and click it. It should now begin to unpack and install the update.

Installation is successful only when the program loads up the (now defunct) EAMods page on your browser.

Hopefully my quick tutorial helps.

​Player potentials meaning what?  That's not an attribute in MVPedit.  Do you mean "Star Power"?  If so, I based that on last years WAR rating, it's not just arbitrary..  Also, I can tell you that one guy I missed on speed is George Springer.  I'd edit him to about an 87.

5pplra.jpg

Probably do cpu vs cpu rosters as well as I think some are still interested in them.

Installed everything with the patch.  I will say that I think the resolution for which you set it can really matter in OS above XP.  I would say that if you are crashing with this, first run it on 800 x 600 and go from there.  For some reason 1280 x 1024 crashed for me but used the res changer to go 1280 x 960 and it worked fine.  I'm personally not a fan of the stretched look.

So a big thanks to kyleb and everyone who contributed to make this happen.  But, kyleb was definitely the driving force and is the ultimate project manager!

​Oh, that's totally fine. In no way did I assume it was arbitrary.

Here's an example (I know, you'll probably call me homer, but here goes).

Xander Bogaerts was the #2 prospect in baseball in 2014. He had a great short-stint in the MLB in late 2013.

In 2014, he struggles in his first full year in the bigs. Like many big-time prospects do.

Now, in 2015, all indications show he's capable of what everyone always thought he was. An all-star caliber shortstop. But if you only base someone's potential off of one year (especially someone's age 21 season) it can really skew things. What if we based Mike Trout's potential off of his 2011 season? See what I mean? It's an incomplete look at a long-term statistic that effects dynasty mode in a huge way. Thus, I would take a holistic approach to the star rating.

And hey, I am not trying to derail this thread at all. This mod is FANTASTIC and I can't wait to get some dynasties going.

There's really no "potential" attribute, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.  All of the attributes had to be based on actual performance.  Plus, you're picking apart one player.  Roster makers have to look at dozens and dozens of players and be able to make changes quickly and with a formula.

​I currently have that screen as well.  It also said it appeared that some folders had been moved or deleted and would I like to create that folder.  I said yes to all of them.  I think I had to do that five times.

There's really no "potential" attribute, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.  All of the attributes had to be based on actual performance.  Plus, you're picking apart one player.  Roster makers have to look at dozens and dozens of players and be able to make changes quickly and with a formula.

​For all intents and purposes, it is a potential attribute.

​I currently have that screen as well.  It also said it appeared that some folders had been moved or deleted and would I like to create that folder.  I said yes to all of them.  I think I had to do that five times.

That's because TIT is installed in the 64 bit Program Files folder and not the x86 one that actually has MVP Baseball 2005 installed. Refer back to this post.

5pplra.jpg

​That looks great. I'll be using that one.

​So a big thanks to kyleb and everyone who contributed to make this happen.  But, kyleb was definitely the driving force and is the ultimate project manager!

​Yes he is. He did a fantastic job as always.

Potential means future.... Star Power would be reflective of what the player has done.

​If you play around with the Star Power of say...Bryce Harper and simulate a few years ahead, you'll see what I mean. It has a major effect on the development of a player

I'm also considering tweaking the datafile as part of Patch 2 in the near future

If you can tell me which line(s) configure the behind the pitcher view, I'd love to know.  I did it once and damned if I remember or can find it again.  I'd like to make a 1P pitch view to go along with the 1P bat view.

Alright so I am new to this whole mod thing...I think MVP baseball is one of the best baseball series of gaming ever and read about the mods that were out for the 2015 game.  I was wondering what exactly I need to download and all of the proper steps on this site to play the 2015 mod...any help would be great.. Thank you and thanks for all that has been done to keep this game alive!

Alright so I am new to this whole mod thing...I think MVP baseball is one of the best baseball series of gaming ever and read about the mods that were out for the 2015 game.  I was wondering what exactly I need to download and all of the proper steps on this site to play the 2015 mod...any help would be great.. Thank you and thanks for all that has been done to keep this game alive!

http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/8984-mvp-baseball-15/

​Have you bothered to read this thread? It has been extremely helpful to newer people interesting in playing the game.

​Have you bothered to read this thread? It has been extremely helpful to newer people interesting in playing the game.

​I moved that post from another thread that had nothing to do with the MVP 15 mod into this thread.

trying to download total installer thingy to add patch 1, it always tells me download was interrupted and won't finish with IE, chrome says file is corrupted. Does anyone else host this file anywhere?

Archived