MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

I have a clean copy of MVP 2005 in its own default folder with all patches, I have MVP 15 in its own folder with everything from the clean copy copied over to the MVP 15 folder. Running as administrator got the explode me to work, but still experiencing the app crash when trying to start a game. After selecting teams and jerseys, the loading bar goes halfway and crashes. Im running windows 7 32bit

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a clean copy of MVP 2005 in its own default folder with all patches, I have MVP 15 in its own folder with everything from the clean copy copied over to the MVP 15 folder. Running as administrator got the explode me to work, but still experiencing the app crash when trying to start a game. After selecting teams and jerseys, the loading bar goes halfway and crashes. Im running windows 7 32bit

​Did you run the game in administrator mode?

​Check out my thread on how I install those multiple mods. I have not had one problem yet getting a mod to play.

​Thanks for the thread :)

However, my problem isn't trying to play multiple versions of the game here.

oddly I have MVP 94 and 93 installed they work fine, and so does the clean copy, its just my MVP 15 thats having problems going forward to a game.

​Isn't that something? This should work too.

Just to cover what you did:

1. Clean copy of Mvp 2005. No mods installed, no nothing. Name that clean copy Mvp 15.

2. Run explodeme.exe and install it to that directory (Mvp 15)

3. Let the installation work and when it is done you have Mvp 15 installed.

4. There's a patch already for it so make sure you have TiT in the same directory as Mvp 15 and run TiT and install patch #1.

5. Now you are done.

6. Begin the game in administrator mode. You should be fine.

​Isn't that something? This should work too.

Just to cover what you did:

1. Clean copy of Mvp 2005. No mods installed, no nothing. Name that clean copy Mvp 15.

2. Run explodeme.exe and install it to that directory (Mvp 15)

3. Let the installation work and when it is done you have Mvp 15 installed.

4. There's a patch already for it so make sure you have TiT in the same directory as Mvp 15 and run TiT and install patch #1.

5. Now you are done.

6. Begin the game in administrator mode. You should be fine.

​Just did all of this and my game still crashes :(

I can install literally any Total Conversion mod and the game won't crash.

I install MVP 15 and it crashes :(

Not just going into a game but trying to go to the create/edit a player screen.

​If you still have the MVP 15.7z file, I want you to extract explodeme.exe using WinRAR to its own folder. After that, I want you to drag all of the contents of that folder to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. Overwrite everything.

Report back with your findings.

​If you still have the MVP 15.7z file, I want you to extract explodeme.exe using WinRAR to its own folder. After that, I want you to drag all of the contents of that folder to your MVP Baseball 2005 directory. Overwrite everything.

Report back with your findings.

​Still crashes :(

Anyone know how to get the camera the same as MVP 14? Sorry I'm relatively new here, but last mod the camera angles while fielding were so much nicer. Anyone have a solution to my problem?

Move the datafile.txt file from MVP 14 to the same location.

Also, this crash problem isn't team specific. I've at least tried to go into a game with 8 different teams and it always crashes.

I've tried to go into the Edit player menu at least 5 times with different players on different teams and it always crashes. I can roam around the menus just fine. But when it's game related it crashes.

Edit: Sometimes it'll crash before the loading screen menu even boots.

Also, this crash problem isn't team specific. I've at least tried to go into a game with 8 different teams and it always crashes.

I've tried to go into the Edit player menu at least 5 times with different players on different teams and it always crashes. I can roam around the menus just fine. But when it's game related it crashes.

Edit: Sometimes it'll crash before the loadin

Geo, Puma... ive been running into the same exact problem as both of you and I think i know why... I am working with KC as we speak to test and try and come up with an answer and a solution.  I will get back to you guys once i can figure out whats wrong on my end with KC help... if you guys wanna pm me and shoot some stuff off of me, ask question...feel free

​Where is the datafile.txt file located? 

​The datafile.txt file would be in the data folder.  If you can't find it in the MVP14 mod, then you need to copy the data\datafile\datafile.big file to the MVP15 data\datafile folder.

Archived