LouisvilleLipp

Can anyone explain to me why I get this error msg, everytime I install jersey updates.   " Can not delete output file: Access denied"  C:\program files (x86) 2k sports\major league baseball  ?  If the mod has 6 files for example, after d/l , it says 6 errors.  The colorlist files import without a problem.  Also, what are the backup files used for after you import the colorlist in the editor?    Thx...

The backups are just in case you have a problem with the roster or make a mistake and doesn't know how to fix it. If there was no problem you can delete them safely.

Are you using windows 10 by the way? I never got that error before. I started seeing it after installing windows 10. Don't know how to fix it but I guess has something to do with Windows UAC to avoid changes to files in the program folder or windows folder. 

On 4/15/2016 at 0:47 PM, LouisvilleLipp said:

Can anyone explain to me why I get this error msg, everytime I install jersey updates.   " Can not delete output file: Access denied"  C:\program files (x86) 2k sports\major league baseball  ?  If the mod has 6 files for example, after d/l , it says 6 errors.  The colorlist files import without a problem.  Also, what are the backup files used for after you import the colorlist in the editor?    Thx...

They are a backup in case of a corrupted file or unintended change, of course. :D

11 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Yes, I'm using Windows 10. So my best bet is to run it as a administrator ?  Didn't see where that option was.  So let me get this straight, the backup files go in the save folder if one of the roster files get corrupted?     Appreciate the help guys.....

Doesn't it drive you nuts when you have to do all this stuff? All you want to do is just play the game. Good luck man.

13 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Yes, I'm using Windows 10. So my best bet is to run it as a administrator ?  Didn't see where that option was.  So let me get this straight, the backup files go in the save folder if one of the roster files get corrupted?     Appreciate the help guys.....

To run as an admin you need to right click on the program then select the option.