Anyone with a problem-free franchise experience?

tinpanalley

I just want to know (because it's clear that many people don't even play franchise, just exhibition games with 2K12) whether anyone has taken this very well made roster by @TheWolfof2K and run it through a season with no problems. I tried a test to cut down each team to only 25 players before starting a Franchise so that the end of Spring Training wouldn't completely destroy the lineups and rotations but that has caused my season to end up with nothing but freezing and desktop crashing. So, I'm willing to just say, screw it, the rosters won't be accurate, the CPU will just organise them itself and I'll take care of the team I play with, who cares. But I just wanted to know about other people's experiences in franchise with this.

Otherwise, if people have had any luck with this franchise file  by @pablo.mglez would be cool to know as well. That one crashed all the time with me doing nothing at all to it.

Thanks for any feedback, guys.

• 2 months later...

same thing happened to me with a 2019 franchise file, it was going ok until i reached September and then it crashed to desktop, now everytime i restart the game and load the franchise file it just crashes back to desktop, which is fucking frustrating cuz i was almost done with the season! any help?!!

• 2 months later...

My theory might be with which tools are used to edit the roster that might generate a bug in the game's logic in how it handles roster management in subsequent seasons during franchise play.

While I've never really played a franchise in the 2K games (since I've constantly just worked on unis and tested them out in exhibition mode), it might be worth looking into generating a new .sav by working only within REDitor, and this is just how my mind troubleshoots 😂:

1) Open the Final 2K Official Roster .sav file using REDitor (the "Vanilla Roster")
2) Import the changes made within the recent rosters through REDitor (add new uniform/player/schedule slots accordingly using the copy method, then copy/pasting the data from the current roster into those new slots we made in the Vanilla Roster), saving those changes and then using that .sav file for franchise play.

3) Given that the .sav file has now been worked on exclusively with REDitor, if it crashes again, we can then determine that it must be a bug with player limits/slots that we've never addressed.

I'll tinker a bit this afternoon.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

1) Open the Final 2K Official Roster .sav file using REDitor (the "Vanilla Roster")

2) Import the changes made within the recent rosters through REDitor (add new uniform/player/schedule slots accordingly using the copy method, then copy/pasting the data from the current roster into those new slots we made in the Vanilla Roster), saving those changes and then using that .sav file for franchise play.

3) Given that the .sav file has now been worked on exclusively with REDitor, if it crashes again, we can then determine that it must be a bug with player limits/slots that we've never addressed.

I'll tinker a bit this afternoon.

Ok, I don't have time today but I'll play with this this tomorrow or after. I'm not sure I get it all, but when I have the time I'll sit and read the idea more thoroughly.

Thanks!!

So I'm looking at the roster you linked and comparing it to the Official 2K roster. Might not even be an issue with the roster being edited using the Roster Editor alone or even REDitor II alone.

For context with what I'm going to explain, if you open it using REDitor II, you'll find that every roster has a value under Teams that's labeled PlNum. For the 2K Sports Official Roster, every team has a PlNum value of 25. This means that every team in the game has 25 guys across the board for every club in the game.

The roster you linked is not balanced this way. While you have some teams are carrying 26, 25, 31 players on the Mets for some reason, you'll have others that have 24 guys or even 21 guys. Even the AL and NL greats are carrying 26 and 27 players which is really strange.

This explains the crashing issues everyone's experiencing, because the game doesn't know what to do.

This can be fixed, but I'm not much of a roster guy, although I've been reading up on interpreting values in REDitor. For example, it is possible to add as many slots for things as you want, for example, they just have to be linked thoroughly on REDitor.

Loads of reasons for a roster file to crash that I've experienced: 1) Opening and editing the same roster file using more than one roster editor. 2) Not enough players on an MLB/MILB team( MLB teams need the full 25 players, MILB teams need a minimum of 21 players.) 3) Rotations/lineups not fully set with enough players on one or more teams at every level. 4) Too many edits made to current players, legends, free agents, or created players, and subsequently added to teams. 5) Too many create-a-players, although the maximum allowed is pretty high.

Archived