MLB2K12 Schedule Thread

Kccitystar

shjuMKo.png

This is a data entry person's dream.

From an earlier thread, I mentioned this about schedules:

I haven't gotten around schedules yet but my idea was to change the schedule dates in the tabs from 2010-2012 to 2018-2020 instead. 

I'm going to assume that the 2013 league realignment (where Houston moved to the AL West) completely broke how the game generates newer schedules, because in the 2012, 2011 and 2010 schedules, the Astros are still an NL team facing NL opponents. I figure enough time has passed to build working schedules that won't break the game among other fixes.

I know MLB2K13 came out for consoles with the division alignment changes, but given that the game was rushed to market for the 2013 season, I am not sure this was a long term fix.

If you open a roster in REDitor, these tabs are what we need to look at, and here's what we'll need to work on:

Schedule_Minors tab is the full Minor league schedule (which is why it's dated to 2012).

Schedule_Older, Old and Cur tabs are used for franchise/career modes (which is why they use the 2010 season schedule, the 2011 season schedule and the 2012 season schedule to generate future schedules within the game).

Schedule Actual tab is the actually used schedule during franchise/career modes and the data within this tab usually repopulated from Older/Old/Cur within the game.

As I'm working on reordering all of the teams (some minor league teams have rebranded so they are outside of alphabetical order) the team IDs will change so this affects the schedules.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting project.  i hope it works. i like the astros in nl, so what im planing to to do is strcitkly visual change for now im going swap arizona and houston. i think the editor will allow for assignelt of parks and aduto with issue, but i havent look it enough to be sure.

then if works out ok i'll swap tb for Milwaukee. 

far from perfect way of doing this but an idea

the only issue i can think that might be an issue, the marlins. im not sure when they sent from Florida to Miami Marlins, and that could an issue. remember the basic uniform editor program and to be redone because the marlins. the roster 1 is for Florida and the redone one is Miami ther not compatible without with other. i dont know if anything related to naming like is an issue with reditor, simply buace of the name in any way. i dont mean between editors, i know they dont work together.

In any case, when editing the schedules for any of the tabs, if you open REDitor, there's just a couple of things you have to pay attention to so you don't screw this file up:

vthseiu.png

1) Games follow a Year/Month/Day/Hour/Minute format. The hour is in 24-hour format, so a 19:05 game is 7:05 in the game, for example.

2) You're probably wondering what Order is used for, and it's easy to explain through the picture above. If you have several games in one day that take place at the same time, the Order number is used by the game to define how it handles the games on that day in.

Games with lower values (starting from 0) will be listed/simulated first, so it's extremely important to sequence them in order starting from 0.  If you look at the games in rows 4 and 5, they're properly ordered. While both games in rows 4 and 5 start at 7:05, because of the order in the schedule, the Cleveland vs Toronto game will be simulated/listed first (11 vs 3), followed by the Tigers vs Red Sox matchup (26 vs 22).  The order should be in sequence based on the time zone the team originates from (east coast games go first, west coast games go last). Not doing this will sim games in an erratic order, like west coast games then east coast games.

3) HTeam and ATeam are merely pointers for whatever ID is listed in the Teams tab.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, mcoll said:

the only issue i can think that might be an issue, the marlins. im not sure when they sent from Florida to Miami Marlins, and that could an issue. remember the basic uniform editor program and to be redone because the marlins. the roster 1 is for Florida and the redone one is Miami ther not compatible without with other. i dont know if anything related to naming like is an issue with reditor, simply buace of the name in any way. i dont mean between editors, i know they dont work together.

I'll be exclusively working through REDitor on this.

I've rearranged all of the team IDs for the upcoming season on REDitor, and the only thing I've found is small and changeable in Excel (it breaks the ID of the minor league team a player is assigned to).

Internally however, the game looks for the GID rather than the Team ID number or the Abbreviation, so we're clear. It doesn't break anything in game as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

You're probably wondering what Order is used for, and it's easy to explain through the picture above. If you have several games in one day that take place at the same time, the Order number is used by the game to define how it handles the games on that day in

omg thank you very much master, I really didn't know what function this does within the schedule. thanks again for everything you're doing for mlb2k

So, it looks like Schedule_Older and Schedule_Old contains 26 home and road games for all 30 teams and includes two extra games for the All-Star Futures team and AL/NL team.

As we know, the Futures team is not in the game, so this is just a placeholder event. It also appears that the games are basically the first game of every series teams went against from the 2010 season.

This will be updated to 2018/2019 with the first game of every series that season.

25 minutes ago, mcoll said:

im assuming your tying to do this wth the astros in the al.

Correct. I believe given that we've had over 3 seasons of interleague play since the move to the AL West, the schedules will be balanced out accordingly.

The biggest schedule to do to my knowledge right now is the revamped MiLB schedule.

There's just one schedule, and the league has expanded this to 140 games across the board for all class levels.

We've got 90 teams. 140 games each. That's 6,300 games.

So the Schedule_Older tab is almost done. It's basically the entire 2018 season and the way that tab and the other tabs (Old and Cur) were originally set up, it's the first game of every series played both at home and on the road, so every team has 52 total games apiece with the addition of some non-team (meaning they're not one of the 30 clubs) games (All-Star Futures and All Star Game).

Listing the game times available and the order for all games listed with similar game times on specific dates is on the to do list.

The Schedule_Old tab will cover the 2019 season in the same fashion. Schedule_Cur will be in the same format for the 2020 season.

Why is this important?

The first games of each series that are listed in the Schedule_Older/Old/Cur tabs help determine the length of each series when 2K12 generates a full schedule. Days where there are no games scheduled for clubs will determine off-days and all three tabs are used to generate the 2021 schedule and beyond in long term play modes.

So...about start times:

The hardest part about the schedules is figuring out the start times. It's not a constant 1:05/4:15/7:05 game for all clubs.

A lot of teams have way different start times. For example mostly all Cubs day games start at 1:20, whereas most other clubs will start their games at either 1:05, 1:10 or even 1:15 with the occasional 3/4 PM game. Some teams start their games at 6 at the beginning of the season (April/May) and at the end (September) as well, and others are at 7:15/20/30 across the board.  Only a few have a consistent 7:07, 7:08 start time which is weird but unique. Giants games have a 6:45 start time by default. I think that's common with either the Bay area (Oakland as well) or west coast teams.

I've learned a lot. Still don't have a copy of a 2020 schedule but I will look into just making one from scratch, by hand. No worries. We've got a lot of offseason.

About Spring Training:

Man, figuring out the spring training schedules have proven to be frustrating.

I don't know if 2K's schedules for the 2012 season used split squad games or not. As far as I know they also expanded the amount of spring training games this offseason too.

Damn it.

dont think the srinp season was expanded. as remeber its always been around 30 games.

tas for how they do rosters  its unsing full 40 man roster, no splits in game.  in real life splits are only about five times per each team, never very many.

for game im sure its 40 man , no splts it would just make the sripng stuff more diffucalt than as to be for us.

1 hour ago, mcoll said:

dont think the srinp season was expanded. as remeber its always been around 30 games.

tas for how they do rosters  its unsing full 40 man roster, no splits in game.  in real life splits are only about five times per each team, never very many.

for game im sure its 40 man , no splts it would just make the sripng stuff more diffucalt than as to be for us.

A lot of teams this season don't have equal home/road split schedules according to what I'm seeing for the Cactus/Grapefruit leagues. There's about 472 ST games this year compared to last year, so I'll try to use my judgement, I guess.

Also, while there are 2020 regular season schedules for all teams, a lot of them don't have start times locked in, like the D'Backs 

I can wait until they come up, or I can use my judgement here and just base the start times on what I've seen last season for games during the week or something.

• 3 weeks later...

So the 2020 spring training schedule is completed, however there is an uneven amount of games for specific teams. I don't know if this was done by MLB on purpose though. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Also, the 2020 MLB schedule is sorted out, but I'm still waiting on start times for a lot of teams in order for me to complete that part of the roster.

either way I'm not worried, we've got plenty of offseason left.

An update:

Nationals have posted their game start times today, so that's been completed.

What's left:

- Start times for all DBacksIndians, Rangers, Royals and Rays home games

- Start time for Yankees/Red Sox game on 8/2

- Start time for Jays/Tigers 3-game series on 6/12-6/14

- Start time for Indians/Twins game on 4/6

- Start time for Jays/Twins 3-game series on 7/9, 7/10 and 7/12

2 hours ago, blindguy said:

Jay/Tigers June 12-14 start times are 1:10 pm est as per tickets purchased for that series. I have a lot of admiration for you for taken on this project . The exact times and the sequence numbers drove me crazy!!

Solid work!

An update:
Start time for Jays/Tigers 3-game series on 6/12-6/14 has been confirmed to be 1:10 PM EST, or 13:10.

What's left:

- Start times for all DBacks, Indians, Rangers, Royals and Rays home games

- Start time for Jays/Twins 3-game series on 7/9, 7/10 and 7/12

2 hours ago, blindguy said:

/www.vividseats.com    Try this website I noticed they have start times for some of the games you are looking for

Thanks bro.

An update:
Start time for Jays/Twins 3-game series on 7/9, 7/10 and 7/12 has been updated to 1:10 ET (13:30 in-game time)

What's left:

- Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST (because you don't want your west coast 1PM game to start before games on the east coast, unless your team are a bunch of time travelers)

• 2 weeks later...

An update:
Start time for Indians/Twins game on 4/6 has been updated to 1:10 ET (13:30 in-game time), completing their schedule for the 2020 season.

What's left:

- Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST (because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless your team can go back in time)

- Full Minor League Schedule (AAA, AA and A ball)

Archived