picklebrad

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

I wanted one of the extra shoes to be one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

Shoes guaranteed to make a player run faster and jump higher

friend could you put some previous images of the global ... it is that I carry this day by day I am eager to play the mlb 2k with the update

Ok...so my computer is back up and running and I've been doing a ton of research on what gear everyone is wearing this year. There are limited slots available so I will probably upload a standard Global with the most used and then add additional .dds files for everyone to replace according to their taste. I am unfortunately unable to create "custom swagger" cleats and gloves because they have to be used universally for every player. If you all would like to make a list of your favorites, as long as they are utilized enough, I will happily add them. 

59 minutes ago, picklebrad said:

Ok...so my computer is back up and running and I've been doing a ton of research on what gear everyone is wearing this year. There are limited slots available so I will probably upload a standard Global with the most used and then add additional .dds files for everyone to replace according to their taste. I am unfortunately unable to create "custom swagger" cleats and gloves because they have to be used universally for every player. If you all would like to make a list of your favorites, as long as they are utilized enough, I will happily add them. 

With this in mind, the game has 6 styles of cleats, with 2 levels of customization, based on this picture:

CKTjIby.png

Accents are in the solid green (which should be the green layer in the DDS file)

Laces/Soles (it's a combination, so they're in the blue and red layers)

What can be done as well is to make the soles a part of the shoe's accent, simply by taking the sole and cutting that out of the blue/red layers and pasting it into the green layer in the DDS file. I'm just throwing ideas here but I think we should be able to get 3 shoe manufacturers and 2 of their best or most common type of shoe, or if we want entirely 6, I say we do one of each:

Nike

Under Armor

Adidas
New Balance

Mizuno

Jordan

I think custom shoes can be done as long as they're imported through the texture editor with the right names of the files that will be changed out for them.

7 hours ago, picklebrad said:

excellent idea friend for when it will be available? I am very anxious practically what I do when I get up every day is to review this page with the hope that it is already available hahahaha. 

I think it is a great idea to have a global file in general and to have files from other models for each hobbyist to place as they like.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:34 PM, picklebrad said:

New WIPs for the Global. Just started back to work so very minimal time to mod. It's coming along though. What do you guys think?

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 21-48-58-60.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 21-50-21-51.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 21-51-14-69.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 21-53-14-53.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 22-04-36-44.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 22-16-08-37.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 22-16-11-43.jpg

mlb2k12 2020-05-27 22-22-58-13.jpg

the models 1 3 5 and 6 plus the NB and the UA would be fantastic Global

8 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Love the Jordans, but I know some mapping work needs to be done on those. Solid work all around, chief!

They are also great, it would not be bad to add them by model 5 of the previous image that are adidas and thus the variety is complemented we would have 2 nike 1 adidas 1 jordan 1 NB and 1 UD

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 2:50 PM, picklebrad said:

awesome work for when they release it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:21 PM, Behindshadows said:

Yeah my friend mods for NBA community, but he said he doesn't have time to edit the skin textures...I was really trying though

I found this texture map online. Maybe I can cut out this arm texture and overlay it with the other skin textures. They will just need to be mapped properly and color corrected. What do you guys think?

Body Texture UV-map.jpg

I saw a 4th texture in the player_head_iff file for more than one player in 2K12 that I believe is for long hair. Cole Hamels is one of the players I noticed that has Texture 4. Maybe it can potentially be swapped for an arm texture and added to other player_head_iff files?  🤔

On 8/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, scottybilly said:

I saw a 4th texture in the player_head_iff file for more than one player in 2K12 that I believe is for long hair. Cole Hamels is one of the players I noticed that has Texture 4. Maybe it can potentially be swapped for an arm texture and added to other player_head_iff files?  🤔

Cole Hamels does not have a fourth texture.

am89DIX.png

On 8/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, scottybilly said:

hi friend

I think it is not possible to add more textures in .iff files, to edit arms texture separately for each player, MLB2k is not like nba2k where all hair, arm and cyberface textures are inside iff file.  MLB2k the arms and hair files are inside global.iff, only the cyberface texture is the only one found inside the iff files, because of that all the players share the same arms texture and the only thing that changes is  skin tone.

Archived