Good Keyboard Layout for Laptop

buccoboy

I finally got MVP working on my new MacBook Pro through Parallels, an old copy of XP, and an external DVD drive. I think I paid more for all of that than MVP cost when new, but due to the lack of baseball games on the Mac other than OOTP, it was highly worth it. (Nothing against OOTP, but I like to have real action, not just simulation).

I've always been a keyboard player on the PC. However, there's no number pad on the MacBook. I do have an external one to attach, but I'd prefer to do something that works better on the laptop.

Here's the issue--I can't seem to get my guys to hit for power at all. Usually, I'd do this with, if I recall, the arrows on "keyboard 1". I'm trying "keyboard 2" and just can't get that to work right now. Any help would be appreciated.

No, I am not going to go out and buy a game pad. It seems when I search "keyboard" on here most people suggest buying one, but I don't want to use one. I want to play this game with the keyboard.

18 minutes ago, buccoboy said:

No, I am not going to go out and buy a game pad. It seems when I search "keyboard" on here most people suggest buying one, but I don't want to use one. I want to play this game with the keyboard.

So much easier using a gamepad but of course it's your choice.

See I prefer the keyboard. I've played the GameCube version of MVP and find I'm better with arrow keys than a joystick, plus with a laptop, it's just easier to not have one since I can take it with me.

Of course, that may have to do with what I'm used to. My first gaming system was an Apple II, then a 2600 with the big joystick and a single button...had the old Accolade Hardball game for the Apple II.

Archived