Generic Mod Enabler Configuration

HalfricanWSox24

On 10/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, tinpanalley said:

In case anyone is still reading this and it's not too late, JSGME is brilliant. I've used it for years. You have one base install, the stock game, then inside the root you have a "MODS" -- or whatever you wanna call it -- folder. In THAT folder you then create a folder with the name of your mod (1927 TC, whatever) put all the files you would normally copy over to the root to install that mod and that's that. When you run JSGME and select "1927 TC" from the list of mods, it does the job of backing up things from the stock install and replacing them temporarily with the mod's versions of those files and adding anything that's necessary not found in the game's default install.

ONLY problem is, this doesn't do anything other than copy over files so any import tools you may need to install certain mods has to be done separately. I imagine you do a full install of a mod to a second folder (not the stock install that you keep as a backup) and then you would do everything to that install that you need to, then you would find a way to only make your JSGME folder contain the files needed to properly run that 1927 mod, etc. Personally, I think for MVP 2005 it's easier to just have different complete installs for each mod. MVP has more files affected than other games when applying a TC mod if I'm not mistaken. It's basically all the files that get modified in each TC mod isn't it? Or is it just a handful?

Tinpanalley,

Question for you. Is using JSGME pretty easy in terms of just dragging mods into the program? I just downloaded the tool but have no idea how to use it with MVP yet. Is it a matter of just dragging the mods from this site into the program? Would you mind if I PM'd you to figure out how to use it? What is the preferred modding tool that everyone else uses for the game? 

On 4/21/2020 at 8:43 AM, ActtBadd said:

Figured I'd resurrect an old post. There is a simpler way to have all mods installed on only 1 installation of MVP 2005. Google "JSGME" tool or Generic Mod Enabler. With this installed, I have 1 installation of MVP 2005 and can swap mods in minutes. What's great about JSGME is that you can use it with any game that you install mods on. Been using it for years for Madden, NBA2K, Fallout Tactics and others. Below is a screenshot of the tool where you can switch out mods. 

JSGME MVP 2005.png

So I downloaded this program and am trying to figure out how to use an place all of my mods in one place. Are you just downloading mods from this site running tasks and entering them? Any other special instructions?

2 hours ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

So I downloaded this program and am trying to figure out how to use an place all of my mods in one place. Are you just downloading mods from this site running tasks and entering them? Any other special instructions?

You should create a new thread to ask these questions rather than hijacking this thread. 

4 hours ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

I was simply asking questions related to the topics in the thread, but if you prefer I make a new thread, I can do so. I was worried about making a new thread when there is already one pertaining to the questions I have. 

Thanks appreciate it. 

No, you highjacked this thread with your constant questions about that program. I put some detail in creating this thread some years back to help others with this and the guy who posted about that Generic Mod Enabler did it almost a year ago and then we heard nothing else from him. This thread is not about that and please I don't want to read about that in here again.

10 hours ago, Muller_11 said:

This is very useful, I have created a hard disk partition and installed Windows XP along with a clean installation of MVP Baseball 2005 and Multiple mods

Thanks for this Yankee4Life :)

You're welcome. I am glad you were able to do this with no problem.

8 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

No, you highjacked this thread with your constant questions about that program. I put some detail in creating this thread some years back to help others with this and the guy who posted about that Generic Mod Enabler did it almost a year ago and then we heard nothing else from him. This thread is not about that and please I don't want to read about that in here again.

You're welcome. I am glad you were able to do this with no problem.

Got it. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers here. My apologies if my posts were viewed as such. Really I am just trying to figure out the best way to download the mods and play the game. 

20 minutes ago, HalfricanWSox24 said:

Got it. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers here. My apologies if my posts were viewed as such. Really I am just trying to figure out the best way to download the mods and play the game. 

Then go to the first post in this thread and follow those easy steps. It has not failed me yet.

9 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I didn’t have a problem with tinpanalley posting about the JSGME utility. I just think if there is a larger discussion about it, there should be a separate thread created. 

In my defence I was only trying to underline the previous person that had talked about it and as you said, mention it without any intention to deviate the point of the thread, I felt and thought my post was in keeping with the thread and was of use as contribution to the conversation. But, as that clearly has caused some kind of annoyance, I take it back, I regret having tried to contribute here and I will delete my post.

It feels that there is some unspoken way that it's ok to contribute here and in the chatbox and I'm tired of trying to figure out what that is. Again, my sincerest apologies. I have nothing but respect for this site and I don't know how else to emphasise that I was simply trying to contribute. I sadly find that the less time I spend here, the more peaceful my online time is.

44 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

It feels that there is some unspoken way that it's ok to contribute here and in the chatbox and I'm tired of trying to figure out what that is. Again, my sincerest apologies. I have nothing but respect for this site and I don't know how else to emphasise that I was simply trying to contribute. I sadly find that the less time I spend here, the more peaceful my online time is.

I have no idea what you are talking about. All I wanted and continue to want is for this thread to stay on topic. It's helped a lot of people since I made it all those years ago. My intent is to keep this thread open for the subject at hand and not confuse people with a utility program that is  not even on this site.

Also, I am sorry that by just being here is causing you so much unhappiness.

• 6 months later...

Yikes.....didn't realize guys were so sensitive when I posted last year about JSGME. Was just introducing folks to a simpler way to run multiple mods without eating up HDD space. I don't hang out in the forums like most. Use them for information when I run into issues. Come here once a year maybe to check out the latest mods. Downloaded a couple of mods to add to my install today and saw I had replies to my post. Didn't know it would start a cat fight!

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 1:44 AM, Yankee4Life said:

Ah, forget him. The next time he'll be back will be in March.

Lol, and I thought FB was sensitive. There's no crying in baseball....but whining.....😂. Seriously, not trying to get banned....get enough of that on FB.....that's what I get for being born in the 70's.....we weren't bred with all that sensitivity. Just sharing knowledge to help fellow gamers play a game....relax (insert pronoun here).

7 hours ago, ActtBadd said:

Lol, and I thought FB was sensitive. There's no crying in baseball....but whining.....😂. Seriously, not trying to get banned....get enough of that on FB.....that's what I get for being born in the 70's.....we weren't bred with all that sensitivity. Just sharing knowledge to help fellow gamers play a game....relax (insert pronoun here).

Please do not compare this website to Facebook. Mvpmods is so much better.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:36 PM, ActtBadd said:

Yikes.....didn't realize guys were so sensitive when I posted last year about JSGME. Was just introducing folks to a simpler way to run multiple mods without eating up HDD space. I don't hang out in the forums like most. Use them for information when I run into issues. Come here once a year maybe to check out the latest mods. Downloaded a couple of mods to add to my install today and saw I had replies to my post. Didn't know it would start a cat fight!

As an admin, now I have to genuinely ask, what was the endgame here with what I bolded in your response? Feel the room before posting.

The initial conversation you started about JSGME started in the thread about installing multiple mods, and as I understand, newer utilities and methods will pop up since the initial game was released in 2005.

Since that specific thread was created in 2009, I took the unilateral step in splitting the thread into its own topic, as I mentioned in the last post in the thread, for the sake of giving the JSGME utility some more visibility for someone who may have jumped into playing a 15 year old title like MVP 2005 in 2020: 

I've split the thread so conversations and dialogue within the thread that cover JSGME are in a new thread separate from the initial topic and methods discussed here.

Carry on, but most importantly, keep it civil.

Archived