21 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

No no no my choice was Fast 5. Reasons listed were part of why it was awesome

🤣

Cars  --- Definitely a movie

A vault --- Thought I didn't see it

Brazil  --- Definitely a movie

The Rock  --- Definitely a movie

7 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Good one. Thoughts on A Fish Called Wanda for a comedic one?

Snatch, also one of my favourites. Not really a heist movie, but an excellent choice.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is from the same director and pretty good too.

Edit: I meant to quote Gordo instead of raidersbball20

Anyway, "A Fish Called Wanda" faced some unjust criticism if recall correctly. It's entertaining but I wouldn't call it a great movie.

8 hours ago, sabugo said:

Snatch, also one of my favourites. Not really a heist movie, but an excellent choice.

No?  A heist is a theft, no?  The movie starts off with a diamond theft and everyone chasing the diamond through the movie.

Didn't care for Lock, Stock, etc.   Snatch ruined it for me.  I almost feel weird saying that.  Almost.

7 hours ago, sabugo said:

I see your point. But the movie is about much more stuff than just a theft. The movie takes place after the fact.

What else has Guy Ritchie directed that was any good? Not counting the Sherlock Holmes movies.

Right it was more about stealing it from each other after the initial theft (which they do show).  Must see if you haven't.

Other Guy Ritchie I would recommend is:

Capture.thumb.JPG.46c24607dca3a9a3c223544ffe1aace8.JPG

Snatch has so many great moments. So many good characters.

Another heist movie that I forgot: 'The Italian Job'
I found it entertaining and all but a little too unrealistic. Has anyone ever watched the original one?

I'll check that movie @Gordo, thanks!

The Godfather (1972)

Starring Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan and Robert Duvall

2027258426_TheGodfather.thumb.jpg.0ce93ab89e9aafc8fb9d4e9631b56af2.jpg

Film trailer.

Spoiler

A movie about the fall and rise of one of New York’s major crime families during the forties and early fifties. A classic movie and revered by most movie fans. An all-star cast that produced two sequels. I enjoy watching this movie because it’s a movie, plain and simple. No political agendas to push, just 100% entertainment. My favorite part of the movie is the very last scene when the door is slowly shut on Diane Keaton.

33 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

The Godfather (1972)

Starring Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan and Robert Duvall

2027258426_TheGodfather.thumb.jpg.0ce93ab89e9aafc8fb9d4e9631b56af2.jpg

Film trailer.

Hide contents

A movie about the fall and rise of one of New York’s major crime families during the forties and early fifties. A classic movie and revered by most movie fans. An all-star cast that produced two sequels. I enjoy watching this movie because it’s a movie, plain and simple. No political agendas to push, just 100% entertainment. My favorite part of the movie is the very last scene when the door is slowly shut on Diane Keaton.

Also, my dad's favourite book, which I inherited after his passing. 

Legend has it, Sinatra ran into Mario Puzo once at a restaurante, and he was none too happy about the movie. Supposedly, Sinatra inspired the character Johnny Fontane. Also, supposedly, that same night, somebody gave Mario Puzo a beating.

3 hours ago, sabugo said:

Also, my dad's favourite book, which I inherited after his passing. 

Legend has it, Sinatra ran into Mario Puzo once at a restaurante, and he was none too happy about the movie. Supposedly, Sinatra inspired the character Johnny Fontane. Also, supposedly, that same night, somebody gave Mario Puzo a beating.

I never knew this about Sinatra and I am sorry about your father.

Diner -- Hands down, one of the best guy comradery/coming of age movies imo. Incredible cast.  Hardly a wasted scene.  Again, don't bother with the trailer for fear of ruining any scenes.  Basically, if you can't get into this movie, you need to hand in your "man card"!

Diner-film-images-4cc84804-10ab-403f-a9ca-a1ee699419b.thumb.jpg.290356f74028b946325dc0d35fd44d81.jpg

diner-watching-recommendation-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v3.thumb.jpg.2a93302ae3940ee5c8c629765466a21b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Max Payne.  Didn't know this movie existed until recently.  I haven't played the game, well, not yet, but it does get great accolades.  Wish I could give this the same.  (Marky) Mark Wahlberg plays the lead character who is a rogue detective stumbling onto other worldly influences that are somehow connected to his wife's murder case that has gone cold.  It's stylized action/violence much on the order of the Sin City look.  It held it's own for a while, but really fell off.  The villain wasn't legit and the "character development" of Max left a lot to be desired.  I can see why there wasn't a sequel (as far as I know).  Supposedly there is a fan film made.

Max_Payne_poster.jpg

Archived