Jump to content

Announcing: MLB 2022 (as of postseason) Accurate Roster/Portrait/Traits MLB & Minor Leagues Universal Update. (in progress)


Recommended Posts

Working on a complete Roster that will include all accurate rosters with portraits as of this season's postseason. 

- Accurate rosters

 - Portraits

 - Accurate Physical information and bio information

 - Accurate traits.

- Minor League Rosters. ( expecting the community and myself for updates dynamically )

 

This Thread will also offer as a update center for every step of the way. Beta roster testing ( incomplete rosters with complete team by team updates ) to try out certain teams after they are complete.

 

 - - - - - - -

 

Along the way I will also try out some cyber faces for players. Although that is just testing out and won't be included in the final update.

Edited by eliamvpmod
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, TorontoBJays said:

I'll help out if needed, I too would like to have a complete one, as for me I enjoy this game, wish 2k would of kept going with it.

 

Working on yours as well! So far so good.

Update     ver  :  .1

 

Atlanta Braves

Portrait complete / Information gathered.

 

Anywhere where I can find good info on tendencies of pitchers ? The more info the better.

 

I'll look as well, but maybe someone knows a great source with easy information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, eliamvpmod said:

Working on yours as well! So far so good.

Update     ver  :  .1

 

Atlanta Braves

Portrait complete / Information gathered.

 

Anywhere where I can find good info on tendencies of pitchers ? The more info the better.

 

I'll look as well, but maybe someone knows a great source with easy information.

Try this, good site with good info on repertoire, velocity etc.

 

pitcherlist.com

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This insanely difficult.

 

I have a question about expanding the roster ?

 

Where to put Injured players? I doubt people would want them on AAA teams for the time being? If im going to do the painstaking task of putting together a 40 man type roster for each team , how would i go about that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2021 at 5:43 AM, eliamvpmod said:

This insanely difficult.

 

I have a question about expanding the roster ?

 

Where to put Injured players? I doubt people would want them on AAA teams for the time being? If im going to do the painstaking task of putting together a 40 man type roster for each team , how would i go about that?

I was putting the injured players on the minor league teams, only because they usually go for rehab there after there injury.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost done. 

 

Anyone with any cyber face creation experience? Someone who can help or give me a good tutorial on how to do it fast and easy (if thats possible)

 

Now working on favorite pitches for most starters

 

Second will be tendencies for most mlb hitters.

 

Remember that after this roster is done we can have some good members of this site to tweak and perfect players numbers and stats, as it can be really time consuming, but with a good group it can be very easy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2021 at 9:28 PM, eliamvpmod said:

Braves, Yankees, and Red Sox have been completed.

 

I dont know how much longer I can go at it.

Before the last roster update I was working on, not the one that's out now, I used the players that had 65535 as face, and found there were a lot of crashes throughout the season I was testing, even when sim the games. The recent roster I put out  I didn't use the players with 65535, and so far no crashes, just thought to let you know in case you are using those players. The players with face 65535 and some will also have as portrait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TorontoBJays said:

Before the last roster update I was working on, not the one that's out now, I used the players that had 65535 as face, and found there were a lot of crashes throughout the season I was testing, even when sim the games. The recent roster I put out  I didn't use the players with 65535, and so far no crashes, just thought to let you know in case you are using those players. The players with face 65535 and some will also have as portrait.

Thanks! Note taken. I wonder why that is.

 

I found that of the 3 teams Im using that 2 of the players use the same ID for the face. So I kept on overwriting by mistake for the cyber face.

 

Then I wondered, If in the game if they faced eachother since one was a pitcher and the other a batter , that a crash might occur. Maybe it doesnt even need to go that far. Maybe sharing ID's can do it? hmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eliamvpmod said:

Thanks! Note taken. I wonder why that is.

 

I found that of the 3 teams Im using that 2 of the players use the same ID for the face. So I kept on overwriting by mistake for the cyber face.

 

Then I wondered, If in the game if they faced eachother since one was a pitcher and the other a batter , that a crash might occur. Maybe it doesnt even need to go that far. Maybe sharing ID's can do it? hmm.

 

The game will not use any Global ID/CF_IDs past 9999. If there's a player with a Global ID value of 65535, usually it's a full on generic with a generic headshape ID.

Where crashing occurs is if the appearance ID value is duplicated, or if a player's appearance ID value is assigned in-game to a slot that is meant for a manager/coach.

The roster utilities for this game (both tywiggins' and Vlad's editor) are not detailed enough to provide that information on manager slots among other things (like inside-edge data, CPU defensive alignments, etc).

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was attempting to make the portraits, I was using GIMP and followed the tutorial, but for some reason the faces said installed, but they were not showing up. I tested your portraits, and they seem to work, looks awesome. I have all the portraits that I was gonna use for all the teams including the minor teams, would be good for better understanding on how to make them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Astros, Kansas City, and Mets, next update.

 

Anyone want to tell me if its worth it for DOB to be updated? 

Since the patch for MLB fix brings the system date to 2012, the ages for these players are screwed up. So you got 14 year olds etc. 

 

So what should be done?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose Carlos said:

what i do is to change the year of birth based on the year of the roster. in this case for 2022 i would subtract 11 years, so there would be no players with the changed age. i hope this helps you.

Exactly! That's What I think I will do. I just didn't want to screw up anything if somehow the game aknowledged the birth dates in game mode. 

 

Best way is the way you just said. Ill probably make two versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Player_head_9205 is giving be big issues with big name players

 

What do I do when i have issues. Can I change the face to a random number? I will def come in conflict with another if i do .....

 

What is a very good slick solution to this issue. So far 4 teams I have come across 4  "9205" faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2021 at 10:22 PM, eliamvpmod said:

Player_head_9205 is giving be big issues with big name players

 

What do I do when i have issues. Can I change the face to a random number? I will def come in conflict with another if i do .....

 

What is a very good slick solution to this issue. So far 4 teams I have come across 4  "9205" faces.

 

9205 is a generic face so you will see it a lot with minor leaguers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, juninhoowred said:

I can't wait for this Update, good luck man. Thanks for all

I think he's already stopped, seems he ran into complication, as previous roster editors have too!

Plus I read a post where he said he doesn't know how much longer he can do it.

Season is over, if he is continuing then let hope he'll be done by next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.