BallFIVE - Five Years of BallFour unis

BallFour

Hello all! It's been just about five whole years since I joined the modding community and submitted my first mod - an update to the SWB RailRiders back on November 30, 2016. As a celebration of five years of uni, stadium, and even a few cyberface mods, I want to give back to you guys that keep MVP Baseball 2005 alive.

Therefore, throughout my entire fifth year anniversary here at MVPMods, I'll be releasing unique uni sets that YOU request! This will begin with a release in December of 2021 and culminate with one special last pack in December of 2022. So for your MVP Baseball 2005 pleasure, requests are open!

On 11/27/2021 at 10:30 PM, Fiebre said:

Ballfour what a great job from you during this years.  I have no request , but want to thank you for keeping this site alive!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

Up first and live now is the first of the BallFIVE installments - it's the 2022 names and logos pack. It'll be updated through the winter and spring as announcements are made, but I've already got about 5 logo changes and I'm sure there will be more to come.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:20 AM, Yankee4Life said:

How about the 1960 Tigers uniforms? I am very sure it has not been done here. This uniform was only used for one year and then they went back to the old English D in 1961.

1630699429_1960Tigershome.thumb.jpg.d115cd7282db759c094bcd2e547dd280.jpg716117236_1960Tigers.thumb.jpg.14521b552a365e1a04c4b90e2ca1c2de.jpg

1960-TIGERS-ARTICLE.thumb.jpg.bbe69b3e0cd7ecd79ce72e97f09dc5a4.jpg

Love it! I'll have to flip flop the road and home jerseys in this instance, because it looks like the home unis have numbers on the front (like the current road set) and the road unis have no number on the front (like the current home set). Shouldn't be an issue at all. You'll just have to manually select the proper uniform int he uni select screen.

This is kind of an anal, nerdy request since a very strong version of this uniform is already here. But I figured I'd ask since you were offering :)  

I'd love to see a version of the 1969 Chicago Cubs road jersey with the MLB 100th Anniversary patch. The version in the TC 1969 uniforms batch has red outlining around the "Chicago," but the Cubs did away with that outlining after 1968 and had no outlining around the blue "Chicago" from 1969 into the early 1970s.  The 1969 jersey did NOT have last names - only the number (see pic below).

There is already a 1971 Cubs road version that is basically identical to the 1969 uniform - sans the patch - that I successfully installed into TC 1969. All you'd really have to do is add the 1969 100th Anniversary patch to the 1971 road jersey to make a 1969 version of the Cubs road uniform.  There is already a historically-accurate home 1969 Cubs version with the patch, so all I'm requesting is a road version. Thanks in advance for your consideration! 

GettyImages-52214350.0.jpg

williams_2__21543.1559753921.1280.1280.jpg

Sure. I'll give full credit to I believe it was eskie01 that created the original. I haven't searched for it yet, but I'll add the patch to it to make it work with the 69 mod.

QUICK EDIT: I just took a look at the 1971 uniforms you were referring to. I'm not sure who did them - just says "Guest" so it must be someone who either merged names or left the site. The uniforms are good, but the colors look a bit off, so I'm gonna make some tweaks and see if I can get things looking proper.

First, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work throughout the last five years, your uniforms have been awesome additions to the game and I've enjoyed using them immensely. I would be thrilled if you could maybe create the uniforms from the UMaine Black Bears? I've always wanted to use these uniforms in MVP.

baseball_seniorscropped.png

33466221_H24854945.JPG?fit=1200,675&ssl=

untitled_182.JPG

3 hours ago, SPDouglas616 said:

First, I'd like to thank you for all your hard work throughout the last five years, your uniforms have been awesome additions to the game and I've enjoyed using them immensely. I would be thrilled if you could maybe create the uniforms from the UMaine Black Bears? I've always wanted to use these uniforms in MVP.

baseball_seniorscropped.png

33466221_H24854945.JPG?fit=1200,675&ssl=

untitled_182.JPG

Do you have any particular team you'd like them to replace?

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody! Sorry for the lack of January stuff. I had to deal with some personal things, but I'm back this month as a part of the BallFive year, and because I missed last month, I did a couple more releases to make up for it. So now we've got the rebranded Beloit Sky Carp, the rebranded Sugar Land Space Cowboys, and updated uniforms for the Aberdeen Ironbirds!

The only thing I'm waiting on is number fonts for the Space Cowboys. I've only seen the number 2, and would like to know the rest before proceeding.

• 2 weeks later...

BallFour, Thank you for all your hard work.

Love your all your uniforms!

The love for the Minor league teams is greatly appreciated.

Couple of quick questions:

I don't use or should i say i am unable to use TiT because of that Fifafs (Something like that) error. So instead, I install everything the old fashion hard way, using the multiple tools on this site.

Now when I am installing your uniforms, i have no problem, it's the jersey preview. The.fsh files for these are giving me a problem. I get crashes every time and then go back to my previous uniforms.big file and its fine. I haven't been able to install a single one.

1. Something I am doing wrong?

2. I am using BIGGui, should I be using something else?

3. Do I have the correct location?

Last unrelated question, since it's been a very long time getting back into this game and falling back in love with it as well after 15 years. It's only been a couple of weeks and I am hooked; I don't know if that's good or bad thing? Lol

Question: Maybe for you or the other great roster makers. Is it possible to play a Minor league season or Dynasty with just AAA or even A ball teams like you would with the MLB teams?

Thank you Sir

1 hour ago, Dirtdog said:

Question: Maybe for you or the other great roster makers. Is it possible to play a Minor league season or Dynasty with just AAA or even A ball teams like you would with the MLB teams?

Thank you Sir

I was reading your post and when I came to this part I really had to stop and think about it because it’s a very good question. I really don’t know because the dynasties played in here have always been with major league teams. But it would be nice to find out.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, Dirtdog said:

BallFour, Thank you for all your hard work.

Love your all your uniforms!

The love for the Minor league teams is greatly appreciated.

Couple of quick questions:

I don't use or should i say i am unable to use TiT because of that Fifafs (Something like that) error. So instead, I install everything the old fashion hard way, using the multiple tools on this site.

Now when I am installing your uniforms, i have no problem, it's the jersey preview. The.fsh files for these are giving me a problem. I get crashes every time and then go back to my previous uniforms.big file and its fine. I haven't been able to install a single one.

1. Something I am doing wrong?

2. I am using BIGGui, should I be using something else?

3. Do I have the correct location?

Last unrelated question, since it's been a very long time getting back into this game and falling back in love with it as well after 15 years. It's only been a couple of weeks and I am hooked; I don't know if that's good or bad thing? Lol

Thank you Sir

For the uniform select screens, you want to make sure you're grabbing both the overall file and the smaller files. So like, you want to make sure you're downloading 022.fsh and 022e.fsh as well. And speaking of 022.fsh, that's the most important file in the uni preview screens. Because if you remove any single one from a default install, your select screen will crash. So if you just go to the 022.fsh from a previous version, you might be ok. Other than those two fixes, I'm not sure without screenshots.

As for the Minor Leagues, yes! You can absolutely do a Minor League dynasty. It'll just take a little bit of work. If you wanted a AAA Dynasty, that's tricky because there are 7 divisions, unlike MLB's 6. You would just have to go into database\team.dat and open that in Notepad. For league, which is the first thing after the team's abbreviated name, 0 is American League, 1 is National League, so wherever you see a 3 you'd want to replace that with 0 (for the International League) and wherever you see a 4, change that to 1 (for the Pacific Coast League). Then you'd break up the divisions similarly. So the IL you would have to consolidate probably the West and North or the West and South, then the remainder, then the PCL would have the other 4 divisions. I'm not sure how many divisions are in A ball, but you'd go through the same process. 

Archived