4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

ok guys, i'm answering questions in the order the appear so i guess now it's

i get an error saying:" Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not corectly registered: a file missing or invalid"

ok, basically all u need is that file COMDLG32.OCX, it's a very popular generic file and i didnt include it because most people have it on their system. You apparently do not.

I can email it to you or if u search on yahoo, you'll find it. All you have to do is place it in your windowssystem32 folder. That should definitely do the trick.

Note: Comdlg32.ocx is not the same problem as FM20.dll. FM20.DLL is a non-distributable dll file which requires other files to work properly. COMDLG32.ocx on the other hand, is a file that requires no dependenices but must be placed in windowssystem32 folder.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Help, im trying to add new uniforms and i just edited pictures from one of the folders of the uniform. Now, i am ready to import the new uniform into the game but im not sure what button turns it into the FSH files.

version 2.0 : create fsh, lol, sorry. U could do that in last year's version, but this year, u cannot. I'm sorry bro, one step at a time. Give me a few days.

I have to add more features such as what u call "turning them into fsh" and i also want to add the option of installing a uniform without having to specify a fXXXy.fsh(uniform number)

any more ideas or stuff you want me to add, u guys let me know.

fuzz, is there particular reason why you're straight ignoring me? if not please help, here's the problem:

i'm having trouble installing. the prog starts running but then in the window, i see path, install and quit but I can't click on neither nor vida's face to get a message. i see two black boxes and that's it? What can I do? thx

fuzz, is there particular reason why you're straight ignoring me? if not please help, here's the problem:

i'm having trouble installing. the prog starts running but then in the window, i see path, install and quit but I can't click on neither nor vida's face to get a message. i see two black boxes and that's it? What can I do? thx

I had this problem and this is what I did...Make sure for the game directory path that you use the MVP2005 directory and NOT the Data directory like last year. When I went to the right directory, away it went!

Griffe, I'm not disregarding you bro. I'm just having a tad bit trouble keeping up with the different issues so far. If what Tobias said didn't work, what windows version do you have?

If your getting the two black screens, which you should not be seeing, i may need to send you an updated shell32.dll.

What is your operating system?

Fuzz...

Amazing work. I have two questions though:

1. Can anyone tell me how to extract the uniform preview bmps from the game itself. For example, I am installing the 2X lite unis for the Mets from last year. I want to overwrite the cooresponding uniforms (say the default home uni for the default home uni in 2x lite. The 2x lite unis did not come with bmps, so I wanted to use the equivalent bmp that came with the game but I do not know where to find them.

2. I installed some uniforms using the editor and they worked great. Then I installed some face files from terminatorkorea and all was still fine. But when I installed additional uniforms, all the face files were wiped out. I assume the models.big file that is in the editor is overwiting the faces every time I add new uniforms. Is there a workaround for this or do I need to reinstall the faces each time I add new unis?

Again, thanks for this amazing program.

jscand:

1. locate the uniform, click on it so it is visible in the third sphere(right small),

right click on the uniform to save it. Goto your studio folder saves, you'll find the bmp there along with the uXXXy.fsh and fXXXy.fsh

2. u have to remember that you're only working on the models.big and uniforms.big that are located in your studio folder. In order to keep the faces, make sure that u are using the most current models.big and uniforms.big

for example, Install a uniform or two. Then export. Install terminatorKorea's faces to either the models.big in the studio folder. However, if u install to the models.big that is in your game folder -- after u install the faces, goto your mvp2005data folder, copy models.big and paste it back into the studio folder over writing the one already there.

---

what i usually do is i make all modifications to the models.big in my uniform editor folder that way i never really lose anything, and if anything ever goes wrong, it's okay because i have my working backedup models.big and uniforms.big files in my studio folderoriginals folder.

hope that helped. :)

Fuzzy, I am now having a new problem. I put a uniform into the game last night and it worked perfectly. Now I try a new one and I put the BMP, the ufile, ffile and it says the following:

"you do not have a proper export path set up. Reinstall the studio using the installer"

I did reinstall it once again to the same exact place where I made it work last night and I still get this message. Any ideas?

make sure u use the installer to install the studio. The reason u are getting that message is because the vida installer sets the path of your game directory.

goto your studio folderbackup folder and check to see if export.fuz exists.

yeah maybe that would be the best bet. Make sure u have ur most recently updated models.big and uniforms.big on the side or in your mvp 2005data and datafrontend folder so u dont lose any work u already did.

by the way, u install those icy white met uniforms yet? I did!lol

yeah maybe that would be the best bet. Make sure u have ur most recently updated models.big and uniforms.big on the side or in your mvp 2005data and datafrontend folder so u dont lose any work u already did.

by the way, u install those icy white met uniforms yet? I did!lol

That was the first and only one I did so far:) They are very pretty. Makes me want those St. Patty's ones though :(. Im attempting to uninstall it all.

Griffe, I'm not disregarding you bro. I'm just having a tad bit trouble keeping up with the different issues so far. If what Tobias said didn't work, what windows version do you have?

If your getting the two black screens, which you should not be seeing, i may need to send you an updated shell32.dll.

What is your operating system?

Fuzz, I am having the same problem with the black boxes. Can I get a new shell32.dll? And where do I put it once I have it? Thanx a million

Archived