4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just tried the editor, added a new Sox uni. However I want it to use a different model (I want to use the 34 Cards model, is this possible? I don't want to use the 08 Sox because I want numbers on the back. Thanks and sorry if this has been covered

Oh and can we add the uni name to the selection screen?

i'm not sure what you mean by model jim. have you already overwritten the cards jersey with a sox one. what i mean is did you open the cards uni and mod it to the sox jersey you are trying to create? this would be the only way to get what you need maybe. even then it's not a gurantee that the #'s would show. it's still a mystery on how the #'s appear to us.

if you were just trying to plug in the cards standard uni via the studio yes you could do that. but, i know that's not what you want. but just an fyi you can put any uni, any font, any bmp in any jersey slot via the studio.

more to the point of what you really are asking ( i think)- the studio will not dissect the unifsh for you. it will only add the whole unifsh. so, the only way to create the sox jersey WITH numbers. is to take another jersey with numbers and mod the sox jersey on top of it. then import the whole thing via the studio. or via batch file for that matter.

no, what I want to do is use the model of the 34 Cards (high stirrupsno helmetshirt numbers) in a new Red Sox slot so I can have the 39 Sox, or use the 70's style model to make the 75 Sox (Different pants to the modern ones).

If I overwrite the 08 Sox I get high stirrups but no numbers, if I add a new Sox slot via mvp studio, I get the modern model, low socks, batting gloves, modern fielder's gloves etc. The fsh has nothing to do with the model, the models and a list of what kits use what MUST be somewhere? I would have thought Fuzz would be looking into this as it'd be perfect for the Classics wouldn't it?

actually the ufsh does have to do with the models.big file hence the reason they are in there and the reason different variations are read in different ways by the models.big file. but that's besides the point. i have never nor ever plan to mess with the classics stuff, not that it's bad i just don't desire to play with it. i leave that to the others. have you addressed this in the classics thread or tried pm'ing sandman or thome25? they would surely have the answer you are looking for.

I haven't tried them, I tried fuzztone but he hasn't replied and this thread was being ignored for some reason.

and the uxxx.fsh has nothing to do with the model. If I overwrite u010a.fsh with u010j.fsh I get old style uni bmps on the new style model. eg Curt's long pants with the sock colouring half way up them, unless I missed something?

he can't help so I'll wait for you :D

yeah we obviously have a communication barrier, funny though my mom hails from oxford and we communicate real well. however the british sarcasm isn't quite lost on me bro.

I haven't tried them, I tried fuzztone but he hasn't replied and this thread was being ignored for some reason.

and the uxxx.fsh has nothing to do with the model. If I overwrite u010a.fsh with u010j.fsh I get old style uni bmps on the new style model. eg Curt's long pants with the sock colouring half way up them, unless I missed something?

that's not what i was saying jim, what i was saying is, that different ufiles/slots work in direct correlation to the models.big file so yes if you plug- j into a- it will look cockeyed. try overwriting a classic iniform and plugging it into the jslot or wherver the default classic slot is then go from there. if you can't part with the uni that's already in the j slot (or whatever) then i don't know what to tell you. jesus.

Why add that to the end? I was just being honest to fuzz, you said you couldn't help further. If I was going to be sarcastic I wouldn't be that nice

And yes I know the style is linked to the slot, however it assigns a style to added slots and this info must be somewhere (it isn't in the UXXX.fsh as I said), and as it must exist we should be able to change it. I can 'part with the uni in the slot', but if I replace it I lose the shirt numbers, that's what I don't want, and putting the Cards in Sox uni's is not what I want either. I am not asking you whether you agree with what I am doing, merely trying to assertain whether others are trying too and how they are getting on.

look bro, let's just call it at that. no need to butt heads over this. i understand what you are saying. whether or not i agree with what you are doing never even entered my thinking process. the numbers thing is a mystery to many of us here and has been. i have taken jerseys with numbers on the front, edited them plugged them in and they have dissappeared, and i have had the opposite happen as well no numbers to having numbers. yes this is a different storyline. the only other thing i can think of is that there is some type of alpha assigned to a particular uni/slot that covers up the numbers on the uniform you are trying to do. sort of in the way the majestic logo works and that jpg's majestic logo removal mod works. however this may lead to different problems. other than that, trust me i am NOW beginning to feel the frustration you have :D . as i mentioned 4 guys i can think of that have possible encountered the problem- bigbully (always willing to lend a hand), fizzjob, thome25 and sandman. i would recommend rolie but, he is not around too much anymore but you may give him a shot as well. good luck. and take it easy.

I'm not butting heads and as far as I can see the numbers are allocated to the slots, this is why they appear and diasappear, nothing to do with alpha etc. You can test this by overwriting f010j.fsh with u010a.fsh, they still won't show and no alphas have been changed from the home Red Sox numbers that do appear. Thanks for asking around. I'll keep looking and hope I find something.

I had this problem and this is what I did...Make sure for the game directory path that you use the MVP2005 directory and NOT the Data directory like last year. When I went to the right directory, away it went!

the directories are not the problem. i have the same problem as he's describing. i extract the studio .rar file into a folder i created, double-clicked on the studio2005.exe file, got the "install, path, quit" screen" that has 2 black rectangles covering the lower part of these 3 buttons, and clicking any of the buttons does nothing. i can't even get to a path or directory, so it's not a matter of accessing the main mvp file or the database file. i've tried re-downloading and re-installing this program with the same result. i e-mailed fuzz, but he told me to access this thread. after 7 pages of posts on this thread, i still haven't seen a solution to this problem. i see solutions to error message problems, but i don't get far enough to get error messages. not to be a smartass, but is this program worth all of the problems i see posted? if it is, fine, i'll slog through this thread until i get the solution, but like yankee mentioned in his posts, he's asked about this problem 3 or 4 times and isn't getting any anwers from fuzz.

Griffe, I'm not disregarding you bro. I'm just having a tad bit trouble keeping up with the different issues so far. If what Tobias said didn't work, what windows version do you have?

If your getting the two black screens, which you should not be seeing, i may need to send you an updated shell32.dll.

What is your operating system?

fuzz - he's having the same problem i am. he's not getting 2 black screens, he's getting 2 rectanular boxes - one just above the "install, path, quit" buttons, and one covering the lower 1/3 or 1/4 of the 3 buttons and clicking on any of the buttons does nothing.

neone else having the problem patsfan and griffe are having?

yes, i'm having the same problem with the 2 small black rectangular boxes and the "install, path, quit" buttons not working (see replies to other posts on this thread). i'm using XP home edition SP2

also on another note, i spent a few hours with patsfan a few weeks ago trying to help him and it turned out it wouldnt work on his computer at home but it worked on his computer at work.

and this is true fora lot of members who couldnt get it to work on their home pc. And so far, the only similiarities is the members who could not get it to work with the black rectanges over the buttons is that they had sp1.

yankee mentioned in his posts, he's asked about this problem 3 or 4 times and isn't getting any anwers from fuzz.

yankee mentioned that i think 12 pages ago. and not to be a smartass, but u do know i don't live on mvpmods.com? Like trues doesn't keep bunkbeds near the downloads department. :lol:

also on another note, i spent a few hours with patsfan a few weeks ago trying to help him and it turned out it wouldnt work on his computer at home but it worked on his computer at work.

and this is true fora lot of members who couldnt get it to work on their home pc. And so far, the only similiarities is the members who could not get it to work with the black rectanges over the buttons is that they had sp1.

Fuzz - Just to throw some water on this theory, I'm running SP1 on my PC, and MVPStudio runs just fine.

I just installed my first uniform and the program works just fine. EXCEPT I can't get the bmp to show up in the studio program or in the game. It just shows a black box. The uniform does play in the game, I just have to choose the black empty box. The bmp is 128x128 24bit. The bmp file name is 002c.bmp. The file name is the same as the F and U file.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived