4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok, I got it to work, and everything seems fine, except when I play the game, the unis are still the same ones I replaced. The right Bmp shows up in the selection screen, but the actual unis aren't there when I am playing.

I read this thread front to back, and unless I missed it, I don't see anyone else having this issue. Any ideas?

i really don't understand why anyone's still trying to use this. it hasn't been updated in ages and is known to be buggy. and in order to get it to work, you need to be really familiar with uniform files to manipulate it to work. if you want to install uniforms, use Tit. it can't be made any easier. if you have questions about uniform files, start here:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33903&st=0

i really don't understand why anyone's still trying to use this. it hasn't been updated in ages and is known to be buggy. and in order to get it to work, you need to be really familiar with uniform files to manipulate it to work. if you want to install uniforms, use Tit. it can't be made any easier. if you have questions about uniform files, start here:

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=33903&st=0

That's true. I think if Fuzz was still around there would have been an update with this. But Mvp Studio was not made with the 08 mod in mind. That's what it boils down to.

and you know, it's totally not even about that. i've watched this thread for the past few years, and i haven't seen fuzz address anything about this in over 2 years. not that is a problem, because the man can do what he wants. this was a nifty little program when it came out, but it's out dated now with methods we have available. it really has nothing to do with 08, as it doesn't work properly even with other mods. i haven't tested it on 05 itself, but i just know that it gives me problems too. i also know that you CAN get it to work, but like i said before, you have to have a good understanding of how this program works and how uniform files work, so that you can manipulate it to make it work. but i think that defeats the purpose of having a program like this. at the end of the day, i say try a different method. try a batch file to install if you don't want to try Tit. otherwise, that's my suggestion because it's pretty universal to use with any mod. on top of things, you can also install up to 13 uniforms for each team instead of the 12 this limits you to.

Everything you've said is true Homer about Studio. I spent a long time learning it but I don't use it anymore.

Also, if you notice, the people that keep coming back to this thread to ask questions about it are the new people that don't realize that program has been, how should I say "unofficially" retired by the majority of the users here.

that's true. i wish there was a way to designate it, because you're right. all the people i've watched post in here the past two years were pretty new. i just hope they now see this and move on to a different method.

seriously people, unless fuzz updates this, if you want to install uniforms, start with xiberger's MVP for Dummies thread and hiheat's Uniform Tutorial threads (and redsox's Uniform Tutorial in the downloads). they'll teach you everything you'll need to know about uniforms.

See guys, that is the perfect couple of posts. You are right, most people have no idea that this mod is kinda dead now. Sure, I wondered about it, but was never sure if people used it or not. Had someone posted what you guys just did, two years ago, I would not have wasted my time with it...

Now I guess I need to do some more reading, because I need to know how to find out how to replace a specific uni.

Well, before you posted this last post, I attempted to do it on my own, with tit. Amazingly, I did exactly what MVP for dummies thread said to do. Problem is, the game now crashes before it even loads 1/3 of the way to start the game. I can see the BMPs in the unis select screen, so I know that is ok, but I tried playing a game with both the unis I put in, and they both crashed it.

I was using my uni.big, and model.big that I had tried to update with the Studio program though. Not sure if that was causing any issues, so I went back to the originals, and am going to try it again.

The one thing I am wondering about though, the uni files I downloaded have different names for each fsh file. The home have uxxxa.fsh, and fxxxh.fsh

The away files have uxxxb.fsh, and fxxxh.fsh

Shouldn't both home files end with the same letter? If so, why would the modder have different letters on each file.

I am replacing uni "E", and uni "F", so I am thinking, if I read right, that I replace the final letter in the file name with those letters (uxxxe.fsh, and fxxxe.fsh for one, and uxxxf.fsh, and fxxxf.fsh for the other).

Then, zip them, and run tit, right?

Nope, Homer, that didn't do it either. I have downloaded new unis (the older ones all say to use Studio for install, so thats why I did) in the hopes for some better instructions in the readme, but they all say to use tit, and nothing much else. I did find that I am renaming them right by looking through all the uni files I downloaded though... I am at a loss.

Ok. I just tried to use the MVP studio again, since every time I used tit, my game crashed when i used the unis I put in... I must have been doing something wrong.... Anyway, this time, it worked. My unis are in there...

Thanks to everyone that helped, or led me in the right directions...

Nope, Homer, that didn't do it either. I have downloaded new unis (the older ones all say to use Studio for install, so thats why I did) in the hopes for some better instructions in the readme, but they all say to use tit, and nothing much else. I did find that I am renaming them right by looking through all the uni files I downloaded though... I am at a loss.

That's true. All the old uniforms refer people to the Mvp Studio program because that was the best uniform installing program during its time. Your best bet is to disregard Mvp Studio and not use it anymore.

yeah the old uniform files didn't pay much attention to names because MVP Studio made it irrelevant. but for your problem:

1. do not use the uniforms.big and models.big files that were used while you were using MVP Studio. use the originals, or whichever one that comes with the mod you're using.

2. let's pretend you're replacing the mariners: slot 002. so you were correct in naming those names. you would need to files named u002e.fsh, f002e.fsh, u002f.fsh, and f002f.fsh. for the portrait, all you need is a bmp by the name of 002f.bmp. zip them up and install it with Tit.

3. if it's crashing the game, then you need to look at the team you're using. you need to figure out how many uniforms for them are already installed. the most they can have are 13. anything more than that will crash your game. if your files are already to their limit, you will just need to replace some existing uniforms.

why don't you start by telling me the mod you're using and what team you're editing and we can go from there.

Well, I got them in using MVP studio, but I have a few more I want to change. I had been using the MVP 08 mod, no other changes in the uni area before this. I was adding the 1961 Reds unis to the Reds, and I was replacing files already there.

Will tit replace the files, if I rename them, or was that the problem? I was trying to replace the "e" and "f" jerseys that came with MVP 08. So, I just renamed them to be those two, and zipped them up, and tiitted them... I just assumed they would overwrite the ones already there. Maybe not.

Either way, like I said, I have them in now, but I want to replace one more for the Reds, and one more for the Cubs.

yes, tit will replace files. it adds or replaces any properly named file.

Hmm. I don't know what was wrong then. I got a message from other users who have the same crashing issue as I do...

I got MVP studio working for me, I just have to update the unis twice. The first time only seems to update the Bmp image for some reason, but then if I do it again, the unis are in the game :wacko:

Oh well. My next task is to create some classic unis for the Cubs, and see if they actually turn out good enough to use... :p

Archived