4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, i'm having the same problem with the 2 small black rectangular boxes and the "install, path, quit" buttons not working (see replies to other posts on this thread). i'm using XP home edition SP2

I too am having the same difficulties. I have tried to install it on three computers, and only the one where I play MVP has the problem, so it is quite frustrating. Thanks for any help and would like to say I love the program, just would be like to be able to utilize it of the PC with MVP.

PS: All three computers are SP2

biker_jim_uk and bigbully, I tried what you guys said, but it didn't work. Actually, I have this problem no matter what uniform I try to use MVP Studio 2005 to install. Thank you for your advice, though.

By the way, the operating system I use is Windows ME with 384mb of RAM, a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 video card, a 600MHz Pentium III processor, and Direct X 9.0c. Even though my system doesn't meet the requirement of having an 800MHz processor, the game itself runs good for me. I just can't figure out why I'm seeing black boxes instead of BMPs in MVP Studio after I install uniforms.

fuzzone, guess the answer to my PM is no then?

Is this some kind of a BIG secret or something. Because it sure sounds like one. Is this fuss studio full of viruses or something? What in the hell is going on????????

Look at the last 8 posts and tell me whats going on

man you need to settle down my man. first off the virus statement is ridiculous. this program has been downloaded 2700+ times. now look at how many posts are in this thread figure in the fact that some members have posted in here more than once, then factor in the people in this thread that have resolved their issues. so we're talking about a 95% success rate with mvpstudio. i understand the frustration. but no need to go all "conspiracy theory" in here.

man you need to settle down my man. first off the virus statement is ridiculous. this program has been downloaded 2700+ times. now look at how many posts are in this thread figure in the fact that some members have posted in here more than once, then factor in the people in this thread that have resolved their issues. so we're talking about a 95% success rate with mvpstudio. i understand the frustration. but no need to go all "conspiracy theory" in here.

You need to cool your jets, dude.

Now, I ask my question well over a week ago. Check the post.

Now if you were to read the last 3 pages of this subject there is something not right. Conspiracy theory I wonder why you would bring that up???

You need to cool your jets, dude.

Now, I ask my question well over a week ago. Check the post.

Now if you were to read the last 3 pages of this subject there is something not right. Conspiracy theory I wonder why you would bring that up???

i bring up conspiracy because a) you are asking if his program is riddled with viruses and B) you seem to be implying that there is something "fishy going on here" which leads to c) don't tell me to cool my jets ok? i'm not the one here posting spam threads in the general forum asking members to investigate this thread because you haven't received the answer you wanted. and i quote "something there isn't quite right". GEE wonder where i got the conspiracy theory implications from. maybe you need a little time to cool those jets huh? maybe you need to learn that asking if a respected members' hard work is questioned as such:

Is this some kind of a BIG secret or something. Because it sure sounds like one. Is this fuss studio full of viruses or something? What in the hell is going on????????

Look at the last 8 posts and tell me whats going on

we will back the author up. the program is fine, it's the user that isn't. either the user himself or the system the user is trying to install it on. either way it boils down to user error. as mentioned it works great for 95% of everyone here. didn't you mention you were running 98SE?

as for reading the threads that is what i do here, i check the threads to make sure they are on the right path if not then they get locked or are deleted. actually i mainly browse the support forum so i am quite aware of what goes on in this thread.

Ram I'm not here to cause a problem.

The program works fine, I am having a hard time getting the preview bmp to show up.

the more uni's I install the harder it gets trying to remember what is what's black box.

I guess this program just does not work with my operating system.

So To all that has read the last couple pages of this topic , I would like to say I am sorry for the comments that I have made.

ok cool, no problems apology accepted. let start fresh. have you tried to contact fuzz? give it a shot. i know he is very busy now and is not on 24/7 like he once was. pm or email him he is a good man, a very smart man. give him your system specs OS etc. tell him your problem. explain how you've been doing what you're trying to do. i know you may have asked in here already but try that, give it a personal touch. are you using 98SE BTW? if so i'm afraid that nay be the problem right there.

biker_jim_uk and bigbully, I tried what you guys said, but it didn't work. Actually, I have this problem no matter what uniform I try to use MVP Studio 2005 to install. Thank you for your advice, though.

By the way, the operating system I use is Windows ME with 384mb of RAM, a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 video card, a 600MHz Pentium III processor, and Direct X 9.0c. Even though my system doesn't meet the requirement of having an 800MHz processor, the game itself runs good for me. I just can't figure out why I'm seeing black boxes instead of BMPs in MVP Studio after I install uniforms.

can you see them in game though? You should if you imported them direct like I suggested?

ok listen, i dont know what the big hoo-ha is.

let me explain something briefly and hopefully you'll find the answer to one of the recent posts.

1). i do this for fun in my freetime and i try to make it as unique and as spicy and as entertaining to use for u and for me so that's why my program doesn't look like mvpedit. Mvpedit is a wonderful and successfull tool but if u check the mvpedit faq questions thread -- you'll see some questions that dont get answered because they're just ridiculous.

2). I program on two diff. pc's. One is Windows XP Professional and the other, a laptop i bought 24 days ago, has, XP Home.

I do not know if this works for Windows SE 98, ME, or any other versions. If i were a corporation selling this, i would probably spend more endless hours trying program it to work for all windows environment. But i simply cannot do this.

3). I made mvp studio for last years game, MVP 2004, and it had general components but i still got a lot of questions so there's nothing i can do can please absolutely everyone.

4). It seems the majority of questions i get are: It says FM20.dll not found or System Component 0x0000230 not registered, what do i do? Well that answer has been answered numerous times,and i even had the answer posted in my sig for a really long time. My advice to you is download ACTIVE X Control Pad and if the studio still doesn't work, then im sorry.

5). there was a member here around page 4 that wanted help with the "2 black boxes, the installer with the girl doesnt do anything problem", he installed it on his home pc and it didnt work, and then he installed it on his work pc and it worked. The only thing i found was that he had Windows XP SP2 at home and at work had a regular install version of Windows Xp Professional.

6). I bought a brand new laptop and the first thing i did was download mvp studio 2005 off this website and install it and no problems.

7). If installing, using this program becomes a tremendous hassle then i apologize.

8). And also, Out of all the people who have downloaded my application, i do get emails from people thanking me and asking me if i could add this or tweak this. So there are people out there that do in fact get it to work. The reason we never hear from this people is because they have no questions to post or anything to say because they're satisfied with the studio. This thread and most threads like it are for people with problems, and there are people out there who have installed and used this program with no problems.

9). I again i feel the need to apologize since you guys want to use the studio but cannot but there's only soo much i can do. I answer emails, aims, and pm's as much as i can but sometimes things get too overloaded.

10). Last year, modders were making uniform mods, but they weren't making them productively fast or making them with the ease of installing. I set out to make this program last year and this year because i wanted to easily install uniforms anywhere or any slot i wanted too without having it all predetermined for me. I also wanted modders to worry less about packaging and more about making uniforms to feed my uniform fetish. I feel like i have succeeded with that since every MLB uniform,even ones that didn't come packaged in the game, have been done and redone.

that's it for now.

can you see them in game though? You should if you imported them direct like I suggested?

I just now checked, and I do see the uniforms in game. I just thought it would be better to have the BMP preview showing so I would know which uniform slots are empty so I can install more uniforms whenever I find any I like.

I just now checked, and I do see the uniforms in game. I just thought it would be better to have the BMP preview showing so I would know which uniform slots are empty so I can install more uniforms whenever I find any I like.

you can do that by upgrading to XP

where r u getting the bmps from? did u download them?did u make them urself? what folder are the bmps located in?

dont know what that really means.

It means the models used by the uni slots such as u010j is an old style uni with no numbers, then there are the 70s style models, the old style with back numbers, shirts with front numbers, shirts with sleeve number, shirts with back number but no name etc.. This info must be stored somewhere?

Archived