4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuzzone, I've been trying for hours to get my uniforms to work, but I have to be doing something wrong. I loaded the editor up, then chose Boston's home jersey, extraxted the files to the uniforms folder, then edited the bitmpas in there (0008, 0010, 0010, also the cap, the helmet and 0000. THen I hit the Create FSH button, pointed the editor to my uniforms folder, it created u0010.fsh. Then I clicked the ADD button, chose my u0010.fsh from my FshFiles folder, also chose a 0000.bmp that I had put in the FshFiles folder for the portrait, and the original f0010.fsh, since I hadn't modified the numbers/fonts. THen I hit ADD again, and it told me that the uniform had been added. I p[layed the game, no change. THen I went back and clicked the lightning bolt, which updated models.big and uniforms/big (in the game itself, I believe). I did get to see my portrait show up duriong jersey selection in the game, but when the game starts, they are all wearing the EA Sox jerseys. What am I doing wrong? I thought I needed to copy my models.big and uniforms/big into the game, but it appears your editor updates the actual game files. ANyway I tried that too, but no go. I'm exhausted! ANy suggestions?

what version of the studio do u have?

also, after you modify the bitmaps, click create fsh, locate the image folder, and so on. Click CREATE FSH again! then click add, add the uniform files and portrait and then hit the export button!! and i assume this is what you mean by lightening bolt?

the editor modifies a models.big and uniforms.big and does not finalize any changes to your game until you hit "EXPORT GAME FILES!"

it's the third blue round button on the right.

only advice i got is if that doesnt work, send me ur uxxxy.fsh and fxxxy.fsh and portrait and ill try it out myself.

fuzzone, I emeailed you the files and the followiong step-by-step recap of what I did...I figured I'd post the recap in case anyone picks up something I missed.

I encoded the Boston Red Sox

I extracted the bitmaps to a folder called uniformsBoston Red Soxu010a

I edited 5 or 6 of the bitmaps

I clicked the button marked "make fsh file!" (the hand with the pen)

I chose the folder called uniformsBoston Red Soxu010a

I clicked the button marked "make fsh file!" (the hand with the pen) again

I clicked the button marked "Add Uniform to Selected Team! Slot" (the plus sign)

I clicked the "S" button next to "xxxx.bmp" and chose a special test .bmp I created called 0000.bmp (located in fshFiles for convenience)

I clicked the "S" button next to "UxxxY.fsh" and chose u010a.fsh (located in fshFiles; this should be the .fsh file I created from my edited .bmps)

I clicked the "S" button next to "Fxxxy.fsh" and chose f010a.fsh (which I had copied into fshFiles for convenience, unaltered)

I clicked the button marked "Add Uniform to Selected Team! Slot" (the plus sign) again

(It told me it was inserting the uniform to Slot A, then it told me it was successful)

010.fsh

The Uniform Selected is: A

There are 10/12 Installed.

Finally, I clicked the button marked "Export to Game Directory?" (the lightning bolt)

The following messages showed up:

Exporting files to your game directory...Please wait. Uniforms.big...

Exporting files to your game directory...Please wait. Models.big...

Export Completed.

I checked my actual game files (MVP Baseball 2005datamodels.big and MVP Baseball 2005frontenduniforms.big); they both had been modified within the last couple minutes, so I know that your editor was exporting to the game itself.

Instead of going into the game this time, I left-clicked on the uniform to extract the files again, and when I looked in the uniformsBoston Red Soxu010a folder, the jerseys were back to the EA style again.

i started a thread before seeing this, so i'll post it here anyways.

okay, here's a bit of background.

awhile ago, i messed up installing jerseys and its really annoying, so since i will have my dynasty and settings when i reinstall anyways, i reinstall. of course i've had to remod, which i'm almost finished doing.

i've downloaded all the jersey mods i want, and i go to put them in the game. i load mvp studio, and i find that all the jersey mistakes are still there.

however in the game, the jerseys are back to default (actually, i've got the total uniforms mod as well as a number and letter fix).

not only am i worried that changes i make might revert the game to its previous screwed up ways, but i don't even know if i'm modding the right jersey sometimes.

so what would be a solution to show me the right jerseys in mvp studio? please help.

thanks.

-take the models.big and uniforms.big that u have ur mods in.

-put the two files in your mvp studio folder.

-do whatever u want with the studio, install uniforms and so on.

-from then on, click export after u add uniforms with the studio. That will export the files to ur mvp game folder.

cubsfaninfla, how am i supposed to help you when you say something like "it says something is missing or invalid. Help"

what's that supposed to mean to me or anyone else who reads this thread looking and willing to help.

jeez

Also, for thos who have MVP STUDIO installed. On average, how long does it take to install one uniform? like how many seconds?minues? From the moment you select the 3 files and click add,how long does it take for it show the uniform as successfully installed in its slot.???

Fuzz,

You were asking how long it takes to load the new uniform. It's about a minute or two on my box. I'm running an Athlon 64 3000 processor with 512 MB dual channel RAM and a 128MB video card (I figure you will be wanting that information).

It's a great utility (although as an older guy (I just turned 40) with kids, I would kind of prefer the install app to not have the scantily clad women. :wink: ).

Thanks for all your hard work.

Fuzz,

You were asking how long it takes to load the new uniform. It's about a minute or two on my box. I'm running an Athlon 64 3000 processor with 512 MB dual channel RAM and a 128MB video card (I figure you will be wanting that information).

It's a great utility (although as an older guy (I just turned 40) with kids, I would kind of prefer the install app to not have the scantily clad women. :wink: ).

Thanks for all your hard work.

thanks dodger_fan, but its really hard to find a chick that's baseball related and she was wearing that cap -- and i -- and i couldn't help it. Look on the bright side, you only see her once -- when your installing :wink:

Okay, I was able to import my own uiniforms using Ea Graphic Editor. But I downloaded some AA uniforms, and it says to ADD the alternates, you need to use MVP Studio. So I encoded the Portland Sea Dogs, and tried to add a uniform in the empty 3rd slot, and as before MVPStudio said it was updating my game files, but when I encoded the team again, the 3rd slot was still blank. Also, even though I have new uniforms installed for the MLB team, when I encode using MVP Studio, the old modding I was doing with MVP Studio fills in the slots. Can anyone read my previous post and see what it is I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

just tried the editor, added a new Sox uni. However I want it to use a different model (I want to use the 34 Cards model, is this possible? I don't want to use the 08 Sox because I want numbers on the back. Thanks and sorry if this has been covered

Oh and can we add the uni name to the selection screen?

Archived