4/15 - MVP Studio 2005 1.5 Official Thread!

fuzzone

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a problem using this program. I wanted to replace one of my team's jerseys and I saw that this was the tool to do it. I went through all the steps to replace one with no problem, but when I clicked the + button the second time to replace the uniform I got a gfxpak error at 80% completion.

This is the first time I've used this program, but it isn't the first time I've gotten a gfxpak error. I get one everytime I try to install Total Classics. TC installs fine it seems except for the CTS screens and other menus if there are any. But I really don't know if I'm missing anything else because of the error.

Anyway, I thought I read once that it has to do with the size of my models.big, and maybe that is what it is. I'm using the one that bigshmooz provides and I have applied KC's uniforms to it. Is my models.big too large for gfxpak and therefore I can't use this program? Is there anyway around it?

Thanks.

That is exactly the problem. There is a fix to this involving fifaFS (which is basically a replacement for gfxpak that can handle the larger models.big file), but it has yet to be implemented, and last I talked to Fuzz, he wasn't sure how to do that.

All we need is for Kraw or rglass or someone familiar with Studio, fifaFS and coding to help Fuzz get the program updated, which will be a huge help to uniform modders and the community as a whole.

That is exactly the problem. There is a fix to this involving fifaFS (which is basically a replacement for gfxpak that can handle the larger models.big file), but it has yet to be implemented, and last I talked to Fuzz, he wasn't sure how to do that.

All we need is for Kraw or rglass or someone familiar with Studio, fifaFS and coding to help Fuzz get the program updated, which will be a huge help to uniform modders and the community as a whole.

Alright thanks. That's what I figured. I appreciate it.

There is a way around it (bigbully filled me in on the secret), but it's rather long and complicated until you get used to it. If you're interested, pm me and I can tell you how.

On another note, does anybody know how to extract files from an exe? I'm wanting to try something out just to see if it works. What I want to do is figure out a way to get to the batch files in Studio's exe, edit the code so they use fifaFS instead of gfxpak, then put them back into the exe.

Well, after getting some questions answered, it's going to be a lot harder than I thought. It's not just a simple issue of replacing gfxpak with fifaFS and editing code. It looks like we're just going to have to wait until Fuzz gets the time to update it himself.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a wierd trouble. When I try to add a uniform, in FuzzStudio or with any other installer that uses GFXpak it (GFXpak) crashes. I have tried re downloading GXpak from the site and no luck. I know its not strictly mvp studio but you guys seem like the ones who would know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the Studio at am stuck and this part;

- you have three 's' buttons.

- the first one is to select a BMP portrait of the uniform you want to enter

- the second one is to select a uxxxY.fsh file, which is the uniform file.

It doesn't matter what the xxx or y are, as long as they represent three

digits and a letter.

- the third one is to select an fxxxY.fsh file, which is the uniform number file.

I think I need this dumbed down.

For the 1st one all I do is get my created uniform in paint and save as a .bmp then input in the first "s", correct?

For the second one, how do I select a uxxxY.fsh? I guessing that this is where I select the jersey or slot I would like to replace, but I don't see where I can see what the jersey's or slot's code is.

For the third one it's basically the same thing. How do I choose a fxxxY.fsh file?

I have created a uniform in photoshop, so it is saved a .psd. Now I am not sure where to go from there.

I would really appreciate some help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuzz or anyone, I try to install Mvp Studio and i am following the readme. I always get a error that says you have chosen an inapproriate game directory.

I know my game directory is in my documents, which is where i am running the path to. Any help would be appreciated

• 1 month later...

Ok, this has probably been asked before, but I just searched the posts for 2 hours.

I am using the UR 8.0 plus rosters with KCcitystar's uniforms. I am trying to use MVP studio to add more uniforms, but the program crashes when I try to export into the game. It will seemingly add the files to the uniforms.big, but it crashes when it gets to the models.big

I have the read-only unchecked and everything on the models.big. Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

anyone, please

- some teams, when i encode them, the whole thing just shuts off

- some teams, when encoded, only makes it to 70%

- some uniforms installed dont even install correctly

I've used this program hundreds of times in the past and none of this happened.

I need someone's help

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever i extract the file and path it correctly to the right place and everything, when i try to run it it says,

Component 'comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid.

What do I do?

didnt you make 2 topics with this question already?

• 2 months later...

i just downloaded the MVP studio program. I also downloaded a uniform pack and it says i need to use this program for this certain pack. Now in the readme for MVP studio, it says extract the files to a folder. is it meaning extracting the files from the pack or the MVP studio files to studio2006? I'm not understanding what to do!

Archived