Total Portraits 2008 Thread

Hory

Hey there everyone. I love the work that all the modders have done, I found this site a little while ago and I have to say that I am really impressed with everything that I've seen here.

I have a slight problem at the moment though. When I use the installers for certain teams to install portraits, the game runs fine and I can browse through the various rosters. However, if I try to manually add portraits from some of the other team sets that don't have a installer, my game will crash as I am browsing the rosters, anyone know how to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated. :hail:

Can you post a step by step on what you do to install manually. Start from the point that you unzip the files. Till the point the pictures are installed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well first and foremost I installed the Ultimate Rosters 2.35. Following that I downloaded all of the total portraits for the teams that were done so far. I ran the installers for the ones that had it but for the ones that didn't have installers I:

1. Opened up portraits.big

2. Imported .fsh files from the team sets that I needed, into the portraits.big file

3. Repeat for each team that needed this

As I stated before, the portraits from the installer work fine but these for some reason do not. Another thing I noticed last night was that if I installed a portrait of a player already in the game, the game would work fine. However, once I tried to install a portrait of someone who wasn't in the game (aka. real life player created by the ultimate rosters), the game would crash as I viewed the rosters or if I started a game with that team that contained that player.

Well first and foremost I installed the Ultimate Rosters 2.35. Following that I downloaded all of the total portraits for the teams that were done so far. I ran the installers for the ones that had it but for the ones that didn't have installers I:

1. Opened up portraits.big

2. Imported .fsh files from the team sets that I needed, into the portraits.big file

3. Repeat for each team that needed this

As I stated before, the portraits from the installer work fine but these for some reason do not. Another thing I noticed last night was that if I installed a portrait of a player already in the game, the game would work fine. However, once I tried to install a portrait of someone who wasn't in the game (aka. real life player created by the ultimate rosters), the game would crash as I viewed the rosters or if I started a game with that team that contained that player.

When you say that you installed it by opening the portrait.big file... How did you do that?

Also... did you extract the files from their compressed format before trying to install them?

Hory... I wanted to ask if you are going to do player updates that have moved in trades or signings to other teams. Such as Olivo & Park of San Diego. (whose new pics are on the mlb.com website.)

I do plan to do them eventually but I'm trying to do teams that I haven't done the minors for, first.

The Reds update has been uploaded, contains 107 portraits, this set was one of the hardest to find decent pictures for, so if you have any better pictures for me to use in an future reds update let me know.

I opened the portrait.big file using BigGUI and in terms of extracting them, if you mean did I extract the .fsh files from the original .rar file, yes I did. If you mean something else, then no I didn't.

Here is my advice. Extract the rar file to any folder on your hard drive. Then open up eagraph.exe & install the portraits via eagraph to the portrait.big file. Then it should work fine.

I do plan to do them eventually but I'm trying to do teams that I haven't done the minors for, first.

Cool... I am glad you plan to do those. I have done many of them myself, but they are nowhere near as good as yours. I am using them as sort of a stop-gap till you upload yours.

I've pretty much finished the Astros, should be out in a day or two, only players I'm missing are

7933 Peter Bauer

2773 Cliff Davis

8022 Edwin Maysonet

8024 Jordan Parraz

I found a old Cliff Davis high school mug shot and that was it. Doubt you want it.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

No, the portraits are compressed as they always are.

i think you will find your problem is with something else, if the portraits were at fault (which they are not) they would crash your game when viewing that particular players portrait.

Houston Astros 1.1 has been uploaded

includes 106 portraits, only missing 4 players from Ultimate Rosters

Btw, because of the new download system the set doesn't appear as a 'new' download on the front page so here's the link

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Download...details&id=1454

The Mets are next.

Great job as always Hory!

BTW, I'm working on a fix for the updated downloads appearing on the front page.

Archived