Tropicana Field WIP

Kriegz

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, chime in guys, which would you rather have

A) Tropicana ad doesn't light up, live scoreboard

B) Tropicana ad flashes, no live scoreboard, more time the mod will take because of messing with camera angles

BTW a heads up, the heckling about realase dates as this gets closer to completion after school lets out will not be tolerated. I am making this mod on my terms, for my dynasty, and then it will be realsed for everyones pleasure. I will not set a release date, all I can say is sometime in June, don't bug me on the date, it will just make it harder for me to focus on the mod. Thank you for your time

Just an update, I am still working on this, getting higher res ads, putting the mesh fence over the walls in right and left, and updating textures on the CF warehouse. I have a 3 day weekend coming up so I will have some time to work and get some progress. Screens sometime over the weekend. One part that may be in question is the catwalk texture because of it being rounded, I would only be able to put it in by making the railing file biger so I would have to remap evey railing in sthe stadium. Hopefully I will find a quicker way. I will keep you guys posted

Edit: and I am leaning towards to the live scoreboard because votes are about even, live scoreboard would be easier to make and probually more appealing to me. I would have to mess with camera files and everything

I have ran into a little problem. I was trying to add the mesh fence above the RF and LF walls but it seems to vanish when you look more towards CF

for example...

dissapearmesh6mu.jpg

further towards CF...

dissapearmesh023ny.jpg

I used verticies from the RF-1st baseline area

Any ideas how to cure my stadium from the vanishing verticie syndrome? :(

I have ran into a little problem. I was trying to add the mesh fence above the RF and LF walls but it seems to vanish when you look more towards CF

for example...

dissapearmesh6mu.jpg

further towards CF...

dissapearmesh023ny.jpg

I don't know how to fix the oft-seen vanishing issue, but those walls are looking mighty nice :wink:

Well one of the only ways I found to cure this was to add your fence to a dimenson marker bmp. For some reason that part is able to be viewed from mulitple angles without disappearing. That is what I did to cure some disappearing at Fenway. I'm not sure how you are importing graphics but the only way to do this is through using nfshtool and editing the index.fsh file.

You have to use vertices from almost exactly the area they will end up, otherwise they will vanish. Even with the walls I moved up at the coliseum I had some vanishing issues, so the game is really particular with this sort of thing.

Try finding some piece of something you don't need directly around it, and it'll show up all the time. It's really annoying, I know, but it can be worked around. At least most of the time, in the minor league stadiums it becomes much more difficult.

Also, it looks amazing, keep up the great work.

I found a solution to the disappearing verticies but now my game keeps crashing from a cyberface of some sort so I have spent most of the weekend trying to pinpoint the problem and fix that :(

Sorry for the amount of time this has been taking, I havn't worked much over the past week or two because school has been getting busy and we are moving across Aurora in two weeks so that has been hogging my weekend time. Luckly the last day of school is Friday so I will have lots of time over the weekdays and this will be in full throttle again. It WILL be out within the month. Mark my words

Archived