College Baseball 2K5 WIP updated 9/6

Snash13

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 questions about this,

1. How will announcing work because you would think it wouldn't know how to say the names of the player and teams?

2. Also how will season work or will you just not have that?

2 good questions that i'd like answered too and I have one of my own also:

Are you guys even doing this anymore, cause i haven't seen screenies or update reports for aaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

The reason we havent updated in a while is becuase we only have 3 people working on this. it goes very slow, there will be a big update and maybe a relase within 2 weeks, im fixing some bugs and small stuff right now. 15% done with the entire project

It hasn't been lost for 49 pages, and it won't be lost.....partial release doesn't make any sense....how could a project this HUGE get lost???

100+ teams is alot of work and when the individuals involved are few, it makes it difficult. I've done plenty of work on add-on projects (including the NCAA hockey add-on) and we found it much easier to release it in pieces instead of holding it off until it is all done.

Most college teams will be done playing within the next week or two with only playoffs teams remaining. This can cause a lack of interest and can slow down a project even more. We found this occurred with the hockey add-on year after year. Releasing a major project in pieces tends to keep interest alive. Once one section is out, it makes it that much easier to complete the next section since there is a mini goal in sight. Also, once a part of it is released, it could lead to more people becoming interested in helping with the project.

And number of pages in a thread means absolutely nothing in getting a project completed.

How would you do a partial release anyway? I think the reason they wont do a partial release is because something actually has to be done first, with only 3 people working on this its gonna take some time, and since as of the last reports there isnt gonna be anymore MVP games they have all the time in the world to finish this project so why not wait till its complete.

And nobody said anything about the number of pages equaling the project being completed, he said with 49 pages of interest this wont get lost anytime soon.

Ya ever notice its usually the people with nothing to contribue that always complain about it not being released fast enough? Just calm down people and give these guys a break, it will all be worth it in the end.

Cant believe the B word is considered naughty here...yea well.

I'm not at all forcing this project to be released in a certain way. Snash made a suggestion about doing a pre-release and I am simply giving suggestions on what the best way to do this since I do have a fair amount of experience in releasing major add-on projects and understand fully the process behind a major project. Yes I do not have many posts here, but that does not mean that I am a newb in the add-on world. And yes, I am not contributing to the add-on graphically-wise, but what is wrong with giving a friendly suggestion out of personal experience.

And a partial release is simple. You'd pick a conference or two or three (or however many to focus on) and get everything done for those (unis, rosters, faces, etc). Then once you're done, then move on.

And when I said "getting lost" I meant the project not getting completed (not that I believe it won't be as I feel that the individuals involved are extremely dedicated to this and I wish them the best of luck. I'm just stating a possibility as seen with any major project).

Snash was talking about a BETA version. He brough it up pages ago. The partial release comment was in relation to that.....

Lastly, your "getting lost" line of logic doesn't work. It hasn't been lost for 49 pages of a thread so there is obvious on going interest in it and will continue to be. Secondly, if you "believe" that it will be completed then there is no point to partial release as it will never get lost because as you said the people working on it are "extremely dedicated" and it will get released. Your own admissions on the dedication of the people working on it killed your own logic for why it may not be released.........

OK, To put all this to rest, here is the tentative schedule for the next month.

BETA Release June 5th-6th

Major Release #1 End of June-Start of July

Alot of the pieces are done but i am having some problems installing the componets, as soon as I get that starighted out I will have loads of screens to show off. The Beta Release will include roughly 8-10 complete teams and a couple other goodies. Major Release #1 will include (hopefully) Pac-10 and either Big-12 or Big-10 complete. We will see where we go from there

I feel that they are dedicated but there is always that remote possibility with summer around the corner and all those other distractions.

But whatever, this is pointless for me to argue because I simply do not have enough posts or contributions to this site for my word to mean anything.

I'm backing up the Pipsta on this one. I have experience with these types of projects (including some uniforms for the NCAA Hockey 2003 project two years ago), and they are a ***** not only to coordinate in terms of work done, but also to release all at once. You need not look any further than this site to see a group that has the right idea: Fuzzone's Total Classics team. The first phase had most of the essentials needed to get the mod started, and the next two phases were merely supplemental. Either Fuzzone or Pipsta would be excellent resources if you need some ideas on how to release full-scale mods.

No one is questioning your knowledge AirPip, and your attempt to bring on a fight by continuing to mention your lack of posts is pathetic. Your post count in no way helps or hurts a persons knowledge on any subject, I could make a million posts with the exact same thing in ever message would that mean I would be the smartest or most knowledgable person here???

Archived