Classic Uniforms From Spungo

Yankee4Life

Spungo's classic uniforms  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate to Spungo?

• Yes, I would.
    • No thank you.
    • I am not sure right now.

Referring to this post right here by Spungo today, he would like to know if there would be an interest from the users here if he should create a separate uniform set that consists of classic uniforms for the major league teams.

This classic uniforms set would be different from the ones that he already has and would require a separate donation to him.

Now, the price he would ask for this is something I don't know and I won't come in here and assume anything. All he wants to know is if there is enough interest for him to work on this.

If you are one of the few people who are not familiar with Spungo's work, go to his website which is located right here and download the standard version of his uniforms to get familiar with his work. You can also purchase the full version of his uniforms for the five dollar asking price at that same site.

If you do want these uniforms, click YES and then also put in requests for what throwback uniforms you'd like to have included here.

Thank you, and since I am a huge classics fan here I am voting yes.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely. this is a project i've been wishing someone would take on for a long time. the question is, am i the only one who would be interested? you guys know i'm doing a project with the all time legends, so this would fit very well. to me, the era doesn't matter as much so long as a bunch of new ones are made. i would personally like to just pull open the double knit era book and just go at it.

I would love to see this, however, the one question I have is would I be able to include the uniforms in any future classic single season mods I create, or would I be prohibited because I would be distributing them (as part of my mod) without asking others to pay for them?

I would love to see this, however, the one question I have is would I be able to include the uniforms in any future classic single season mods I create, or would I be prohibited because I would be distributing them (as part of my mod) without asking others to pay for them?

i don't think that would be a problem. from what i am understanding, he is asking to get reimbursed to do them, so we would pool together to get him to start a project. the more we can get people to pool in, the more he will be able to make. i don't believe he cares about what mod it's used in. but i suppose we'll let him chime in on this too.

i'm really interested in this, as i've been very curios as to how many people are still on the mvp bandwagon. i'm hoping lots of course.

It'd be nice if you guys could just pool together one big donation, then the uniform set becomes available for all the public to use as they wish. Other modders can put it in their classic sets, or however you guys do it.

I wouldn't want this to be an on-going project like my 2010 uniforms where I update them every month or so, as I just don't have the time for that.

So if you guys could come up with a big list of everything you want and a big donation, I think that'd be fair. It's up to you guys, too.

It'd be nice if you guys could just pool together one big donation, then the uniform set becomes available for all the public to use as they wish. Other modders can put it in their classic sets, or however you guys do it.

I wouldn't want this to be an on-going project like my 2010 uniforms where I update them every month or so, as I just don't have the time for that.

So if you guys could come up with a big list of everything you want and a big donation, I think that'd be fair. It's up to you guys, too.

Well, you already know I would like them from previous PMs, so count me in.

A 1930 Chicago Cubs set would be my first request

i'm not too picky on what uniforms are made, but i think some negro league ones would be nice. the only thing is with those baggy uniforms--a throwback version would be necessary in case the uniform can't be used in a baggy slot.

We've already got a lot of classic uniforms for download already on this site, in fact there are forty-three pages worth. I am going to link here some of the classic ones that Spungo may want to take a look at just to see what the uniforms look like and if he likes the uniforms he can make them and be added to the classic set.

Thome25's Pittsburgh Crawfords pack.

Hardcore Legends' 1954 New York Giants.

These uniforms are from Sandman: The 1964 Kansas City Athletics, the 1963 Los Angeles Dodgers, the 1960 Cincinnati Reds and the 1961 Cincinnati Reds. (Both uniform sets are completely different from each other.) The 1962 Los Angeles Angels, the 1961 New York Yankees and the 1962 New York Yankees (I have no idea what the difference is between these two uniforms. Maybe if you look at them Spungo you can tell.) The 1948 Cleveland Indians, the 1948 Detroit Tigers, the 1961 Milwaukee Braves, the 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates, the 1962 New York Mets, the 1963 Chicago White Sox, the 1964 Chicago Cubs, the 1964 Philadelphia Phillies, the 1962 San Francisco Giants, the 1960 Baltimore Orioles, the 1964 Baltimore Orioles, the 1960 Washington Senators, the 1961 Washington Senators, the 1962 Boston Red Sox, and the 1948 St. Louis Browns.

These uniforms are from Fizzjob: the Chicago White Sox 2001 Sunday Specials, the 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers, the Chicago American Giants of the Negro Leagues, the Hollywood Stars Home Jerseys and the Hollywood Stars road jerseys, the 1939 Oakland Oaks, the 1971-1975 Chicago White Sox, the 1906 Chicago White Sox, the 1970's Chicago White Sox throwbacks, the Atlanta Braves throwbacks, the Chicago White Sox from 1901 up to 1920, the 1921-1944 White Sox, the 1945 to 1963 White Sox and the 1964 to 1990 White Sox.

Yes, this is a lot and I also know each team is not represented here either and the White Sox are represented more than any other team. But it is a good example of throwback uniforms that we have here and I have no doubt that Spungo can see how they are and create them the way only he knows how.

We'll obviously give it some more time, but I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm than this...

Yeah, it bugs me. I really thought there would be more interest. Might just be because everyone is still messing around with 2k10. A bunch of them will be back though, eventually.

My guess is the 5 that have said no did it more or less out of spite. Probably due to the donation. Me personally, I would be even more willing to pay for classic ones.

This turn out makes me wonder if finishing my mod is even worth it at this point.

With all due respect emath, your guess is incorrect. :) I'd like to think that at least 3 of the guys other than myself who voted no are mature enough to make a reasonable and informed decision on the poll question, rather than voting out of spite.

YFL, what did you think of the classic Yankees uniforms in my 2010 release?

And in addition to those, there are a lot of other classic uniforms in my update, I think most teams have at least one really old uniform. The list of every uniform in my release can be found here, maybe I've already done some of the ones you guys were looking for:

http://thespungo.eamods.com/progress/

YFL, what did you think of the classic Yankees uniforms in my 2010 release?

And in addition to those, there are a lot of other classic uniforms in my update, I think most teams have at least one really old uniform. The list of every uniform in my release can be found here, maybe I've already done some of the ones you guys were looking for:

http://thespungo.eamods.com/progress/

I liked them all, although I don't use the fantasy uniforms. I just never did. I know these uniforms were put in for the two versions of Mvp 2008 and a lot of people liked them, but I liked your classic stuff and modern uniforms the best.

But I am glad you provided this list of uniforms that you made and when I checked out the Yankees ones I went into the game and I saw that I didn't have them all in my game. I'm wondering if it is something I did wrong?

Your Yankee uniform list is as follows:

Yankees

011a Home

011b Road

011c 2009 Stars and Stripes

011g 1936 Home

011h 1936 Road

011i 1922 Home

011j 1927 Road

011n Spring Road

011o Spring Home

And I do not have the 1936 home and road and the 1922 home. It's odd. I got other stuff on here that does not even match up to what you have here. For example, I have the 1903 home and road uniforms:

The 1927 home uniform may be mislabeled because they didn't have the NY on the uniform that year, but I do have the Stars and Stripes uniform from last year as you can see.

But I am glad you provided this list of uniforms that you made and when I checked out the Yankees ones I went into the game and I saw that I didn't have them all in my game. I'm wondering if it is something I did wrong?

Well, you're in for a surprise -- the uniforms are installed in your game, they're just not labeled correctly in the jersey selection screen. I'm not sure how to edit the text, so the name and date above the uniforms is almost always wrong after my uniforms are installed, as I put different uniforms in those slots than were originally in the game. The jersey preview picture is always correct, though.

So check out the Yankees classic uniforms that are in there -- they're not all that much different as the Yankees haven't undergone many uniform changes, but they should give you a great idea of the detail and attention you and others could expect from a full scale classic uniform update.

Well, you're in for a surprise -- the uniforms are installed in your game, they're just not labeled correctly in the jersey selection screen. I'm not sure how to edit the text, so the name and date above the uniforms is almost always wrong after my uniforms are installed, as I put different uniforms in those slots than were originally in the game. The jersey preview picture is always correct, though.

Changing the text is easy. You simply edit the .LOC files with the LocLook tool.

With all due respect emath, your guess is incorrect. :) I'd like to think that at least 3 of the guys other than myself who voted no are mature enough to make a reasonable and informed decision on the poll question, rather than voting out of spite.

I guess it would help to re-read the poll question. I swear the first time I read it, and voted, it asked if we would be interested in classic unis. The way it is asked, I am surprised more people didn't say no.

I still think too many the turn out is because everyone is wasting their time with 2k. They will either keep wasting it, or come back to MVP.

Either way, I think my mod may be dead now. In fact, I know it is. As long as I can keep playing the greatest baseball game I have ever played (The Show), I have no need for MVP.

As long as I can keep playing the greatest baseball game I have ever played (The Show), I have no need for MVP.

I take back every nice thing I ever said about you..... :angry:

Just kidding! ;) I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying The Show.

I take back every nice thing I ever said about you..... :angry:

Just kidding! ;) I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying The Show.

Sorry. I have not had this much fun playing a baseball game since High Heat 2002 first came out. If only my uncle (the one who I am most likely to start a season with in any sports game) had a PS3, I would be in heaven. As it is, I am enjoying it all by myself.

To finally have a game where modded stadiums don't even cross my mind. Modded unis either. I can make my own player faces, and add my own music (menu and batter walk up), the graphics are superb right out of the box. The animations are great. The Sony team has already put out 2 patches to fix some of the minor issues. Game play is smooth as silk 98% of the time. The other 2% aren't that noticeable.

And, even though Sean thinks it archaic, to finally have a game where the performances of the players is based more on the ratings those players have (instead of how quick my reflexes are), and is therefore more true to life in it's statistical outcomes... I love it.

I'd just like to add to my above posts, if this set is released, I would still donate for them, and if we get enough for him to let them go public, I would love to add them into my mod if it ever does get finished. I am not getting rid of all that work I did. I will keep it. The itch may come back eventually.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a reminder for this additional set of uniforms that Spungo is considering making. These classic throwbacks will look as good as the modern day ones and will be a great addition to the uniforms already released by this uniform modder.

I am prepared to donate to this if and when this project is confirmed, no questions asked.

There's been a lot of people jumping on the 2k10 bandwagon lately that it has put Mvp in the background right now but Spungo is still a modder that is creating great stuff for this superior game. We have Dylan still making his ratings calculator, Homer's been plugging away on a classic mod that he will not release until he is 100% satisfied with the result. Jim825 and the Total Classics guys keep churning out Total Conversion mods that remain very popular and don't forget the guys over at Mvp Caribe with their contributions. Lately the guys at Mlbmods have updated portraits for the game. I am sure I am forgetting some guys here so let me apologize for that right away.

MvP is a game still worth going back to because these guys make it look great all the time.

Archived