Pay Money To Get Mods 5 Yrs Old?

CRYSiiS

Seriously... try to get people to pay to download more than 2 files a day. EPIC FAIL. Plenty of free hosting sites out there. This is a lazy and pathetic plan to earn money.

You obviously haven't looked at the release dates of the mods. Mods are continually being released. And please show me one of your free hosting sites that has the same mods that are hosted on this site.

As for your claim of this being a lazy and pathetic plan to earn money, Trues isn't getting rich here. He's paying for this site out of his own pocket. Any money that comes in (and it's minimal) is used to help defray the cost. If you've got any other ideas on how to generate income for the site, please let us know.

Also, no one is being forced to pay to join the site. If you can't afford $5 for unlimited, lifetime downloads, that's fine. You are just limited to 2 downloads per day.

Seriously... try to get people to pay to download more than 2 files a day. EPIC FAIL. Plenty of free hosting sites out there. This is a lazy and pathetic plan to earn money.

You don't have to pay. If you don't like it, then leave. Try to find this kind of community for MVP Baseball somewhere else. Obviously there is a big enough demand if YOU want these files and people are still signing up daily.

I just don't get some people :facepalm:

WAIT!...I just need 3 more suckers to subscribe and I'll have enough to buy the yacht I've always wanted.

Seriously though, I'm looking at a few options to downsize a bit without sacrificing too much. Personally, I'd rather go back to donations only.

Hey, no worries man...go on with yer bad self & find somewhere else to find the quality of mods you can get here. No one is forcing you to pay...but if you choose not to make the small contribution, you get 2 DL's/day. Dude, I'm unemployed and I managed to find the necessary coin to get the best mods on the planet, bar none.

You have a choice...and no one here is gonna force you to do anything.....but I wouldn't exactly recommend creating dupe accounts to avoid the DL limit...jus' sayin'

Seriously... try to get people to pay to download more than 2 files a day.  EPIC FAIL.  Plenty of free hosting sites out there.  This is a lazy and pathetic plan to earn money.

I contributed a couple of times before the "subscribe" rule went into effect, just because I appreciated all the hard work that went into to making this game what it is today, not to mention the fact that Trues has kept this site running out of his own pocket.

Lemme see, the last thing I got something this good for free was...

:search:

This isn't my God damn fight anymore but at least try to get it right. There are some mods on this site that are SIX years old if you actually bothered to look. And if you became a contributor here for the ungodly amount of five measly dollars you would be in the contributors group for one full year and you could then download as many mods as you want, day after day, week after week, month after month.

This "lazy and pathetic plan to earn money on this site" goes directly to paying server costs for this website. When this site began six years back there was no idea at that time it would have grown as big as it has in such a short time. But as a site grows so do the costs. Files are hosted here for Mvp 2004 and 2005 along with MLB 2k9 and 2k10. Lots of files, lots of server space, lots of people logging in here to get these files. Therefore costs go up.

Of the six plus years in this websites existence no one has made a profit out of the donation from members here. Not the site owner and not the present day staff members or the past staff members.

If you do not like the way this is there are other PC or console games you can switch to to avoid the way it is here.

Then again, do whatever the God damn hell you want.

This isn't my God damn fight anymore but at least try to get it right. There are some mods on this site that are SIX years old if you actually bothered to look. And if you became a contributor here for the ungodly amount of five measly dollars you would be in the contributors group for one full year and you could then download as many mods as you want, day after day, week after week, month after month.

This "lazy and pathetic plan to earn money on this site" goes directly to paying server costs for this website. When this site began six years back there was no idea at that time it would have grown as big as it has in such a short time. But as a site grows so do the costs. Files are hosted here for Mvp 2004 and 2005 along with MLB 2k9 and 2k10. Lots of files, lots of server space, lots of people logging in here to get these files. Therefore costs go up.

Of the six plus years in this websites existence no one has made a profit out of the donation from members here. Not the site owner and not the present day staff members or the past staff members.

If you do not like the way this is there are other PC or console games you can switch to to avoid the way it is here.

Then again, do whatever the God damn hell you want.

You're just mad your a gay *** Yankees fan haha. kthxbye!

Mets fan here :)

I haven't posted here in years, but I just have to say, your first 2 posts clearly show you to be an intellectual human being vastly superior to anyone here.

Or, if you're too much of a retarded assclown and do not understand sarcasm, in the words of my favorite musical artist:

"Now kindly f*** off" ~Rob Thomas

[sarcasm]

With the HUGE payment I had to made here...I nearly had to go without eating for a whole week! I mean...what a huge pain in the *** to actually have to pay $10 f***ing dollars to support a great website!!

[/sarcasm]

Basically you're left with three options here...either

1) Pay the 10 dollars and stop bitching or

2) Stop bitching, use the 2 downloads a day to your advantage OR

3) Try to find another site just like this

Good luck.

"Bye" is the operative word here, seeing how he's outta here. To quote the immortal Michael Kay, "See ya!"

The good thing is that he no longer has to worry about paying for unlimited downloads. Besides as he said, there are "plenty of free hosting sites out there." Now he has lots of extra time to find those sites......

I'm not gonna make a new thread for what I wanna say and this is kind of an appropriate thread to say this in actually cause it counters what the douche bag who started this thread said..

This forum looks very nice now. I like it. I've been on this forum for a long time and watched it grow and I think the admins are doing a great job even though I've had arguments with some of 'em.

Archived