Welcome to MVP Mods
Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account. Get access to over 5,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE! Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball! Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thrill Is Back!

83 posts in this topic

Posted

post-15844-048998100 1309914079_thumb.pn

I didn't throw a single pitch or take a single hack in MVP 05 from 2006 until less than two months ago. I always felt that the creative outlet was always a fond memory. Within a few days I went back and copied my original workstation folder setup for making files to my current pc. And in a matter of a week it was like 6 years of not doing anything didn't matter. I think I still got it.

I've made about eleven all new cyberfaces and few of my own versions of older MVP 03 cyberfaces that have been rarely seen.

post-15844-098239000 1309914149_thumb.pn

A collection various jerseys fit for Omaha

post-15844-092145400 1309914502_thumb.pnpost-15844-059446500 1309914959_thumb.pnpost-15844-012849500 1309915554_thumb.pnpost-15844-093134600 1309914368_thumb.pnpost-15844-053573900 1309914725_thumb.pn

plus announcements and portraits like before

post-15844-016877500 1309914128_thumb.pnpost-15844-050985000 1309914331_thumb.pn

The game is still fun to play after all these years!

post-15844-083672500 1309914392_thumb.pn

post-15844-070183900 1309914446_thumb.pn

Posted

awesome bro sounds good love cyberfaces it makes the game good and i heard you are just as good as jogar and homer

Posted

Welcome back Veesmack! It is very nice to see you return.

FYI, for everyone else in the forums that do not know who this guy is, he made some of the best cyberfaces around. His work can be found in Total Classics and also in the Mvp 08, 07 and 06 conversion mods.

Posted

Regards Bro, your work is magnificent...................

Posted

this is grreat news another master in cyberfaces

Posted

It's only a matter of time.... wait for it.... waiiiiiiit forrrrr ittttttt............

Posted

Welcome back Veesmack! It is very nice to see you return.

FYI, for everyone else in the forums that do not know who this guy is, he made some of the best cyberfaces around. His work can be found in Total Classics and also in the Mvp 08, 07 and 06 conversion mods.

Thanks man! I know that a lot of time has passed and it's good seeing some names that are still around. I went away to a hard school and finally finished. there was no time I could have put into making cyberfaces. I would have flunked for sure. But now I'm done as of last summer. I was always worried I wouldn't remember how to do certain things. That is not the case. I'm doing things differently because the routines of the past are gone but still getting the same results.

It's a bummer that the press box doesn't have free photos available to the public anymore. I obtained over a hundred photos before I was on hiatus with mods. I am going to do a Don Mattingly and Eddie Murray for sure. I did make the Will Clark cyberface without a hi res photo though. I wish I could make a lot of the new rookies with hi res photos though.

edit: What's difficult is sticking with one project. I want to make new cyberfaces for players without them, remake 2003 cyberfaces thanks to krawitham MVP 2003 2x faces mod. I wanted to do that a long time ago. Sometimes, I just have to complete creative aspiration. Also, I want to make jerseys. I think I'll just do a jerseys mod first since the college world series was recent. I have compiled alumni teams using players from MVP 2003, '04, '05 and the Roster 5 update. That's essentially four years of using a uniform rating system. But I have made a few newer players with my own calculated ratings. I'm going for Sunday as target for my first mod in several years. If the jerseys mod isn't ready, I willl just release the faces I have so far. I really like the Will Clark I did. There's also a Tim Wallach I never released using a pressbox headshot. I can actually release about twenty total faces. I did a Bo Jackson fairly recent. I will get a screenshot up in the next few minutes for that.

Posted

It's only a matter of time.... wait for it.... waiiiiiiit forrrrr ittttttt............

Wait for what?

Posted

Veesmack,

I had not had the pleasure of being aware of your past work but it was a joy to hear your story about finding your old material and making new creations of cyber-faces and uniforms. I agree it takes a certain spark of inspiration to become the driving force of this effort but I also think it's well worth it. It's great to meet you and anyone who is this driven towards modding this game is a cool guy in my book.

Best of luck to you! :clapping:

Posted

Veesmack,

I had not had the pleasure of being aware of your past work but it was a joy to hear your story about finding your old material and making new creations of cyber-faces and uniforms. I agree it takes a certain spark of inspiration to become the driving force of this effort but I also think it's well worth it. It's great to meet you and anyone who is this driven towards modding this game is a cool guy in my book.

Best of luck to you! :clapping:

Thanks. Making mods is pretty addictive. I am an artist so I do get in those zones with making files in the game. Hours go by meals get neglected. I get wattery eyes. I have to just take breaks when it comes to it so I don't get burned out. It's really cool that there is a MVP Mods site because it brings a the community together to share these files. I honestly don't download other people's cyberfaces. It's not a vanity thing. I believe there is a limit on how many files can be in models.big. But I love getting other people's stadiums. I feel like that is the only territory I need to explore before my MVP 05 modding days are over.

Here's my version of Bo Jackson.

post-15844-054825600 1310004059_thumb.pnpost-15844-090033100 1310004947_thumb.pn

Posted

[boKnowz.png]

That's the Veesmack I remember! :drinks:

Just one of your cyberfaces beats every cyberface those 2k guys ever made. That Bo Jackson looks great.

Posted

Thanks. Making mods is pretty addictive. I am an artist so I do get in those zones with making files in the game. Hours go by meals get neglected. I get wattery eyes. I have to just take breaks when it comes to it so I don't get burned out. It's really cool that there is a MVP Mods site because it brings a the community together to share these files. I honestly don't download other people's cyberfaces. It's not a vanity thing. I believe there is a limit on how many files can be in models.big. But I love getting other people's stadiums. I feel like that is the only territory I need to explore before my MVP 05 modding days are over.

post-15844-054825600 1310004059_thumb.pnpost-15844-090033100 1310004947_thumb.pn

Freaking awesome Bo Jackson...one of my all-time favorite baseball players and overall athlete.

Posted

Thanks for all the comments about Bo Jackson. About a month ago I found a really good scan of 8X10 somebody had on ebay of Bo wearing his Univ. of Auburn football gear.

Here is a Jeremy Giambi from MVP 2003. Predictably, I used orl ord shapes of Jason Giambi and made the adjustments. This is good because as brothers their eyes are at least similar.

post-15844-070092700 1310053901_thumb.pnpost-15844-075174200 1310056704_thumb.pnpost-15844-063890600 1310055391_thumb.pn

Question: Since I also make portraits and audio, I was wondering what you guys wanted me to do concerning these files. As for players not already in the game, audio/photo IDs are gonna be different. I can easily make my faces files unnumbered and any user can easily rename them. but it's more complex with the portraits and audio. Should I just release the files with my own ID and just let users change this themselves if they need to? I can always leave instructions on changing these in an installation FAQ. The audio I can just have them identified as A, C or D announcements and users can make their own headers. I'm leaning on just keeping my own IDs to make mods less tedious to release.

post-15844-038128500 1310058783_thumb.pn

Posted

Thanks for all the comments about Bo Jackson. About a month ago I found a really good scan of 8X10 somebody had on ebay of Bo wearing his Univ. of Auburn football gear.

Here is a Jeremy Giambi from MVP 2003. Predictably, I used orl ord shapes of Jason Giambi and made the adjustments. This is good because as brothers their eyes are at least similar.

post-15844-070092700 1310053901_thumb.pnpost-15844-075174200 1310056704_thumb.pnpost-15844-063890600 1310055391_thumb.pn

Question: Since I also make portraits and audio, I was wondering what you guys wanted me to do concerning these files. As for players not already in the game, audio/photo IDs are gonna be different. I can easily make my faces files unnumbered and any user can easily rename them. but it's more complex with the portraits and audio. Should I just release the files with my own ID and just let users change this themselves if they need to? I can always leave instructions on changing these in an installation FAQ. The audio I can just have them identified as A, C or D announcements and users can make their own headers. I'm leaning on just keeping my own IDs to make mods less tedious to release.

post-15844-038128500 1310058783_thumb.pn

My try at an answer: Homer over at MLBMods keeps an up-to-date list of player portrait/audio and face IDs. You can find the list here: http://www.mlbmods.c...=11&t=274#p2039

Posted

My try at an answer: Homer over at MLBMods keeps an up-to-date list of player portrait/audio and face IDs. You can find the list here: http://www.mlbmods.c...=11&t=274#p2039

I have been using an old list made by Tony3 going back to roster update 5. So I have had that going. I haven't made any players starting in the majors past 2006. Bo Jackson is not on a list for example. To keep it simple I'm just gonna include the files and people can just choose whether or not they go with the IDs I've used. I'll refer to the list for all players who've played since 2006.

I might just need to use a total classics id list for historic players

Posted

r u gonna do 2011 players?? or just classic

Posted

r u gonna do 2011 players?? or just classic

Well, I wasn't gonna discuss it here with the previews. But I guess it will be heads up for a future topic. I would like to make current players including prospects and rookies. I was gonna maybe see if I can create a thread where users on this site could trade their MLB Press Box Headshots witch each other. I am not a member of the preess and don't have access to the headshots. It's difficult wanting to make new faces knowing that if a player has a couple of spring trainings under their belt that they have a hi res head shot available. So I was gonna see if anybody would be nice enough to perhaps help me obtain new head shots in which I will make 2011 players. I have less than twenty headshots of current players that are from press box. I'd say only five at the most don't already have a good face for download already from masters like jogar. I remember his amazing Matt Kemp he made during his rookie year. I remember having the headshot for Kemp and seeing jogars and being like...there's no need to make a Kemp.

Posted

there is no list that can be made that will accommodate new and old players, as there just aren't enough id numbers. the one i have is only for current players, with some overlap with recently retired players. for retired players, i would suggest just using total classics. alextony should be able to give you a list of all the id numbers since he does the audios.

do you have that photo of bo you used? I'd like to see it.

by the way, welcome back! glad to see you at it again. you were the one that inspired me to start modding cyberfaces.

Posted

there is no list that can be made that will accommodate new and old players, as there just aren't enough id numbers. the one i have is only for current players, with some overlap with recently retired players. for retired players, i would suggest just using total classics. alextony should be able to give you a list of all the id numbers since he does the audios.

do you have that photo of bo you used? I'd like to see it.

by the way, welcome back! glad to see you at it again. you were the one that inspired me to start modding cyberfaces.

Hi Homer. Thanks for letting me know. It's an honor to know that I have inspired you. I wish I could have seen all your work throughout the years. It sounds to me like you've put a lot of time and effort into contributing quality mods here. Here's the photo I used of Bo Jackson.

post-15844-007410100 1310085410_thumb.jppost-15844-010546000 1310085916_thumb.pn

Posted

Watching Bo Jackson break a bat over his knee was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. The only thing that impressed me more was that monster All Star game home run he hit. Bo had the speed, incredible power, and a cannon for an arm.

Posted

Yeah, Only Bo can trademark something like that. I see players do it every once in a blue moon. I'm old enough to know they're pulling a "Bo Jackson". It should be in the contract in case of something similar to the Kevin Brown door handle injury. Your contract is void if you injure yourself breaking a bat with your thiigh. I saw Bo a lot during his final season. He hit for a good average. But I got into baseball after his hip injury. I've seen the Anaheim stadium leadoff blast in the allstar game in highlights. And the commericals were still going for him when I started becoming a sports almanac fanatic.

Posted

awesome so u just need hi res headshot of 2011 players thats it and u will start rls previews sounds good hook it up fellas

Posted

Yeah, if the headshots aren't pressbox that's fine as long as it is hi res. I remember before I wouldn't want to use a photo if the player is smiling really big. But it doesn't matter to me anymore. Because if they are smiling I just match up the lip colour and keep as much of the actual lips in the cyberface as possible. I think I've only made about two cyberfaces in the last two weeks. I had made a Carlos Quentin the best resolution image I found. I made the face and it turned out not even looking like the player even though the texture part was made the same way as the Bo Jackson scan above. It's pretty frustrating. WIth the hi res press box headshots, I have found it to be extremely difficult to make a bad face. In the images above, Conor Jackson, Ryan Drese and Tyler Walker are all made with hi res headshots from the press box. I was planning on making my Stanford Cardinal team with all starting players with faces and I had Ryan Garko I was gonna make afterwards. But the Carlos Quentin turned out bad. It's also above in one of my preview images with the Cal player hitting his face.

If people supply me the headshots, I will just make new players. It's nice making players with pictures before their debuts because nobody is really a superstar. And then watching one of your players you make become one is nice before it happens. And sometimes a prospect flops. I made a nice Kevin Frandsen a while back and he never really made it in the majors. Andre Ethier was one I made before that I think is still very good. I feel like I want to remake Chase Utley with his pre-superstar hi res headshot I have. I have one from 2003. To me it's like a rookie card and looking at the player before their egos explode. Or listening to a debut album by a band. It's more genuine I feel

Posted

awesome so u just need hi res headshot of 2011 players thats it and u will start rls previews sounds good hook it up fellas

Can you please type things out in full sentences. It's not like we're texting each other on our cell phones here or anything like that. It makes it very difficult to read and can sometimes be misconstrued.

@ Veesmack: I tried to get a pressbox pass but to no avail. Is there a secondary place where one can go?

Posted

Check out the Carlos Quentin and Geoff Blum faces. Quentin is non hi res based with its headshot. Blum has a pressbox headshot I used.

post-15844-013852700 1310108880_thumb.pnpost-15844-092500400 1310108897_thumb.pn

@ Veesmack: I tried to get a pressbox pass but to no avail. Is there a secondary place where one can go?

As far as I know, the only thing to do is to look on ebay for photos gettyimages or corbis for anything outside of google and other main search engines. I wonder if you can just have access to gettyimages and get rid of their water marks as long as were not using these files for profit. I guess it's sentimental profitting that we all get from it.

Posted

sir yes sir dafly

Posted

veesmack, trying to pm you but it's not working.

Posted

And it is great to see Homer around here too! :)

Posted

Check your messages. I sent you Rizzo.

Posted

ohh yea jed

Posted

veesmack, trying to pm you but it's not working.

Saying my message box was filled is an understatement. I didn't realize I had 53 messages out of a 25 message quota. It was surreal. I actually saw you had pm'ed a before my hiatus when I was going to school.

Also, I randomly decided to make this willie mays face. I had tons of pictures from the internet from before and I saw some good photos I saved. There's this really good Corbis picture of Mays in his 40's or early 50's but he looks like could have still been playing. It was either this or Eddie Murray was decision. I will do the Eddie Murray using a hi res pressbox headshot when he was the Dodgers' batting coach. I think it'll turn out well.

post-15844-098991900 1310159674_thumb.pnpost-15844-034798300 1310160414_thumb.pn

Posted

Veesmack, if you need pictures of players for a reference, let me know and I will try and look for them for you.

Posted

And it is great to see Homer around here too! :)

Ha! I've been lurking for awhile. in the process of building a couple of computers so i can get up and running again. i will be back!

Veesmack, I'll pm you again, but you should check out the face packs i've made in case you don't want to duplicate. I made a few of murray from that photo as well. i made one of mays too, but it looks like you had a better picture. i'd love to see the photo you used.

Posted

Veesmack, I'll pm you again, but you should check out the face packs i've made in case you don't want to duplicate. I made a few of murray from that photo as well. i made one of mays too, but it looks like you had a better picture. i'd love to see the photo you used.

Here's the photo I used from corbis. Check your messages. thanks for all the info. Catch you later and good luck with those computers!

post-15844-040698700 1310173109_thumb.jp

post-15844-009669900 1310225900_thumb.jp

Posted

post-15844-027698400 1310350602_thumb.pn

Gonna release these guys in a few hours. I just have to make the wallach audio. All the faces, portraits and other audio are done (sans the PA audio).

Posted

Nice, man.......

Posted

Hey Veesmack - good to see you back.

Hello Homer! Whats that old saying "The band is back together."

Anyways good to see you fellows are doing well!

Posted

except in this case, one of them's waiting to get his instruments back :) If there was a gtx 460 lying around, I could be up and running, but we'll have to wait until everything gets here.

Posted

Thanks AlexTony! I'm happy to be back. When I was going to school, I always reminisced on how much fun this was being here and making mods. Cal-Berkeley was just as difficult place to get by in. I never had enough time to do anything let alone have time for my hobbies. But I graduated last summer. I felt like the guys from HBO's the Pacific after they returned from war. I guess it took time for me to truly believe I was done with the school. Even until the diploma was sitting outside my door months later, I felt like it wasn't over yet.

I look forward on catching up on the creativity that will always be reserved for MVP. I didn't play MVP until the middle of May since 2006. Playing that first game was so awesome. This game is still great after all these years. Try playing Triple Play 2001 on the original playstation lol. It's like a marathon.

Posted

Here's my version of GIants legends Mel Ott and Christy Mathewson:

Both times I just randomly looked at photographs of players looking for other players. Both players were just random sporadic instances of seeing what may happen. It was actually pretty cool. Black/White photograph and all, it turned out interesting.

Mel Ott was quite a challenge in his own right.

Does anybody have a photo/audio ID for Big Siix?

post-15844-073939200 1310771914_thumb.pn

post-15844-000537000 1310771998_thumb.pn

post-15844-033453100 1310772024_thumb.pn

post-15844-038163000 1310778821_thumb.pn

Posted

Wow! I'm so glad you did Mathewson. He's such a challenge because he has such a generic looking face, but you pulled it off flawlessly.

Posted

Wow! I'm so glad you did Mathewson. He's such a challenge because he has such a generic looking face, but you pulled it off flawlessly.

Veesmack sure did a great job with Big Six. That's because he's the real deal making these faces as compared to the ones who think they can make cyberfaces. Check out how good he did it with a photo of Mathewson. It's the clearest one I could find.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted

I totally used that photo. When I saw how good the resolution of the photograph was, it made it easy to go on with trying it out. I didn't take it too seriously. It still was a challenge which is satiisfying when it all comes together. Sometimes with black and white photos it's a puzzle. What colour are his eyes? I don't know but it's too light to be brown. It could be hazel green or blue I think. I decided on blue. I saw some cards have his yes blues and some brown. It's a fun challenge. then there is also a lack of photos of Matthewon for other angles like the side/profile angle. That is my rule of thumb for knowing a face is done. If I can look at any picture of the player, and move him accordingly in 3D view in Oedit where it always looks like the player than i'm done. I think I finally got that with Mel Ott even though I started on Mel last Sunday night. I like both though because I can tell I've improved on cyberface making. I made over 66 college teams on an old EA PC baskeball game. I had to use black/white photos to make a face. Before the passing of John R. Wooden I made a cyberface for him for my Purdue Boiler Makers team using a black/white photo. I made an Orlando Woolridge face for my Notre Team all time team.

post-15844-057704700 1310830370_thumb.pn

Edit: And pllay by play announcements are done and sound good. You guys can't see that in the preview. It sounds better than I imagined.

post-15844-005628100 1310827634_thumb.pn

Posted

post-15844-024284200 1311029590_thumb.pn

I just realized last night MVP '04 has a Rick Helling cyberface. This face cannot be seen in standard resolution in MVP 2005 when imported to models.big

I don't know how I didn't realize before but in the last couple months I didn't notice and he was my closer on my Stanford team. I've been playing my Cal team vs Stanford of course and he never came into the game because the game would crash. For two months I didn't know why. Then Finally the other day, Helling was supposed to come into the game (I was playing the Giants vs Stanford at this point) and I heard his announcement of coming into the game and knew what the problem was. It was because I didn't know he had a cyberface and I acquired him through a default MVP '04 roster conversion for mvp '05 which retained IDs for portraits and faces. I always thought he had a default face. So I went into Oedit and brought Helling back from...the underworld?

Posted

here's one of helling i made a few years ago. one of my friends is related to him, so i had to get one made. if you can resurrect any faces from the 04 game, try to get greg vaughn. i could never get a decent one.

Posted

Homer, your Rick Helling is great. I try to make the the old MVP faces like their originals. Unfortunately there is no hi res version of the 2004 faces. But Krawhitham has his 2X 2003 faces. I have an XBox copy of MVP '04 to get the 2X faces. But I never got an Xbox or one with the mod to let you look at the files. I never got to use the 2X files. If anybody knows how to do this let me know if I can access it on a computer. I always thought I knew all faces MVP released. Like Vaughn is '03, I dunno why I don't even have on the list. Helling I feel is more forgiving not knowing he's on there. Vaughn, yeah. I'll totally make him from '03. I was planning on definitely doing Edgar Martinez, Robin Ventura, Henderson, Franco and now I'll add Vaughn, too. Even though people can make their own versions including me, I like knowing that these faces were originally in the series. It's all nostalgia for me :)

Posted

I wish I knew how to get them off xbox. I know it can be done, so someone knows how. i didn't know he had 2x from 2003. i thought the 2x pack he had was from 05. there must be a gold mine in the 03 ones. i can't wait to see some of those faces. here are some of those that i've made already.

Posted

I can't for the life of me find that attachments button for uploads in the messenger. But it's okay. I'm not sure if I want to redo the Tony Lazzeri. I was about to see what I could do and I just didn't want to do it. He had both the downloads I believe. the 2003 faces being hi res and the '04 one side style make the textures a great resource.. I think he just didn't have '04 but did have the modded Xbox. I remember contacting him and he told me there was no way. But that was several years ago.

As for the the '03 ball players, I think I'll work on another this weekend. I can't really do a lot of them quickly. It's a long process that isn't too different than doing a life drawing except using my mouse as my tool. I constantly look back and forth and make adjustments . I hope to get them done though definitely before the season is over.

But I got around to making my first 2011 face. I chose Buster Posey. Thanks a lot, man. I couldn't have done this without you. I haven't done anything in Oedit yet! But the texture took forever because I wanted it to be good first one.

I also made the audio for Buster Posey. If there already is an audio, please let me know. The way Kuiper says Buster doesn't sound right in the tone although it Buster sounds right. I guess it's better than nothing.

post-15844-098946400 1311090300_thumb.pn

Posted

yeah he's a tough one since he doesn't have any real distinguishing features.

Posted

I don't think he was too difficult actually. With a face like his, I look for spacial relationship and proportions between different areas of the face. But with him I just started off using a good shape to work with. So far the last three players I've made, I've been able to cut down on time in oedit. I focus solely more time on the texture. Honestly, I think I spent more time on the audio for Buster than I did in Oedit. It sounds better now but doesn't sound perfect. I got Kuiper/Krukow saying Po-See instead of Po-Zee which I noticed and have to fix. I've also decided to do his 2010 hockey mask and catcher gear. Why not? The City's first World Series and making the gear seems more fun.

post-15844-034837900 1311115265_thumb.pn