MVP Baseball 1994 thread

Hory

Some mistakes I've found on the tribe roster

Mike Cameron, Ray Durham, Kelly Wunsch and Al Levine never played for the tribe - Cameron, Levine, and Durham should be on the White Sox in 94, Wunsch on the Brewers.

Some notable prospects missing: Chad Ogea (AAA in 1994, became regular in 95), Russ Branyan (would be in A ball, drafted in 1994 - as was Jarret Wright), Mike Matthews, Jon Nunally, Steve Kline, and Kelly Stinnett were all future Major leaguers in the Tribe farm system in 94.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the White Sox errors above are due to the fact that Charlotte is the current sox affiliate but were the tribe's affiliate in 94.

I was wondering something - If I gave you a definitive list of players that were drafted in 1995 that eventually became major leaguers, could you add them to the A level team of the club that drafted them?

Here's a partial list of the big names that would be available....

Darin Erstad

Kerry Wood

Todd Helton

Geoff Jenkins

Matt Morris

Roy Halladay

Carlos Beltran

Sean Casey

Doug Mientkiewicz

Joe Nathan

AJ Burnett

Mike Lowell

Juan Pierre

Aaron Rowand

Brad Lidge

Pat Burrell

Sorry, but for the sake of realism I'm not going to add any players who were drafted/signed after 1994

I will do my best to add any pre-95 players though including those in your previous post...

I've fixed up those Whitesox/Tribe prospects too,

Thanks!

Just uploaded the latest version of the 94 rosters, it includes a lot of rating changes to try and get the in-game ranking to reflect the actual 1994 season.

i.e the Expos are #1 overall, Braves are #1 pitching team

Indians #1 hitting team

Giants are #1 fielding etc etc..

Still have a bit of work left to do, the Padres and Marlins don't suck enough in my opinion :)

As for the rest of the mod, I'm still workign away on a few things like a Puck tribute screen and uniforms, Padres and Twins uniforms have been done, leaving these unis still needed....

Cincinnati - Home, Road

Cubs - Home, Road

Cleveland - Home, Road, Alt Home

Colorado - Home, Road

Dodgers - Road

Mets - Home, Road

Phillies - Home, Road + Alt Road Cap

Pirates - Home, Road

SF - Home, Road

Hory - been doing some research on the tribe's 94 minor leagues. Here's what I've come up with...

http://www.charlotteknights.com/history/

from that site, there are some players that are single season leaders from 94 for the Knights in hitting and pitching that aren't on their roster...

the only hitter was Matt Merullo

pitching wise, Dave Mlicki, Chad Ogea, Calvin Jones, and David Lynch all made the record list but aren't in the roster.

from http://www.thebaseballcube.com/stats.asp?Y=1994&ID=10136

we're missing Jesse Levis, Mark Lewis, John Farrell (now the tribe's farm director), Greg McCarthy, and Chris Nabholtz. Interestingly enough, Jones and Lynch from the site above are not showing although from the combined games started stats, it looks like they are missing some relievers.

I can do more research, but only if you're cool with it and will eventually incorporate the stuff i find

That'd be great, any good information on players will definitely be incorporated eventually...

Right now, I'm concentrating on getting the majors finished to my liking then I will turn to the minors and start moving players to their appropriate level and creating requested minor leaguers so any info you find on guys you want added will be much appreciated - especially pics of the players so I can get the appearances right and add portraits for them...

Not sure if this has been answered, i couldnt find anything .

I have copied, loaded, and intsalled the Total Convertion package as well as the new Rosters V0.92 for MVP 1994

But how do i get it to run?? DO i run it from the folder on HD?

do i need the DVD to run game? if so it always runs 2005.

Any help welcome and appreciated.

Fair enough man, actually playing the game occassionally is kinda fun :)

However I hope you get the motivation to finish up Three Rivers in a few months maybe?

I expect with opening day fast approaching, I too am going to get busy with 2006 portraits and audio modding etc and have less time than I'd like to spend working on this mod but I will get a final version done sooner rather than later I hope

Hory, about those crowd mods, not the chants:

I am releasing a version of it called Uncle Mo's Best Dang Audio Mod ever and it will include those crowd mods I sent you.

If you have not already hex edited the files to keep them from popping, you may reduce your workload by choosing not to do them (why do I hear a sarcastic voice in my head saying 'I wasn't gonna do em any way dummy') and just using what I'm about to upload. The only problem is that you will hear a popping sound maybe once or twice when you play the game. I tested it out last night and have a near perfect version. The only thing better would be if it were hex edited to avoid that.

Anyway, even if you still want a perfected version for the 1994 mod, assuming you're going to use those crowd mods I sent you, the best way to do them is to have the 3 files go in the order I list in the read me file. So, for concise instructions you may download what I'm about to upload (hopefully tomorrow) and read the readme file. Have a great day.

PS. If Totte reads this, these sound files were for the 2006 TC and/or the 1994 TC mods where the crowd files are changed so that the crowd is more into the game big time.

Sweet, I'll check them out and hopefully someday I'll get round to to redoing the whole dat/hdr files to remove the pops

In other MVP 94 news for both of you that care,

I've finally replaced that Expos logo on the opening screen with a more fitting pic, looks good to me..

That would be awesome if you could, Go Tribe, I'd really appreciate it

I've thought about buying some old reference materials off ebay myself but the shipping charges are pretty pricey to get stuff sent down here

I just simmed a season with EVERYTHING on trades,injuries, suspensions. All of them no crash. All I did was opened the org.dat and team.dat and deleted the lines for ARI and TB. You cant edit your roster until your into dynasty mode, if you try to edit your rosters outside of dynasty you get an error Heros roster less than 25 and it wont let you go back.It also messes up the leader boards and standings during the season with the wrong team names. I hope this helps I'm just glad to play with injuries and trades. And you also have team goals back for colorado.

chantdat.big sent your way, check your PM Hory. Thanks for your patience.

Please be sure to give credit to Hyman and DYosua for assisting me.

Readme file included with teh chantdat.big file doesn't make the chant mod sound like it is awesome but wait until you try it out for yourself. Mu ha ha ha.

I may upload it as a seperate audio mod "The Best Dang Audio Mod-part 2". Not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

final release date?

The final release date will be the date that it shows up in the downloads section. You've now asked this same question twice this week. No one is going to give you a definite answer. It's not because the MVP '94 team is trying to be elusive, it's most likely that they just can't pinpoint a specific day.

I know that as I've worked on the Total Classics releases, every announced release date that the TC team has made has been wrong. This then leads to numerous messages like "You said it would be released yesterday, but it's not there.", followed by numerous "Will it be out today?" message each day after that. It then escalates to the "When will it be released?" messages every few days.

We've learned that it's better not to post an expected release date. This way, everyone is pleasantly surprised when the mod comes out.

I expect that the MVP '94 guys are still tweaking and testing. At least you have a beta version that you can use until the final version comes out.

Archived