MVP Baseball 1994 thread

Hory

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the beta and was instanly taken back to how I remembered MLB as a child. Uniforms, stadiums, players almost spot on. I noticed a few things wrong with the Milwaukee Brewers. 1994 Home Uni, batting helmet logo is wrong. It looks just like the 1994 Away but without the green brim. County Stadium left much to be desired. No fans in the stands, outfield bleachers, scoreboard and rest of the field bare little resemblance to the actual ballfield. If someone is willing to teach me how to make a stadium, I would be willing to give County Stadium the mod it deserves. Or I could be able to give someone the necessary information on what it looked like. Keep up the good work and can't wait till the final version comes out.

Just downloaded the beta and was instanly taken back to how I remembered MLB as a child. Uniforms, stadiums, players almost spot on. I noticed a few things wrong with the Milwaukee Brewers. 1994 Home Uni, batting helmet logo is wrong. It looks just like the 1994 Away but without the green brim. County Stadium left much to be desired. No fans in the stands, outfield bleachers, scoreboard and rest of the field bare little resemblance to the actual ballfield. If someone is willing to teach me how to make a stadium, I would be willing to give County Stadium the mod it deserves. Or I could be able to give someone the necessary information on what it looked like. Keep up the good work and can't wait till the final version comes out.

Thanks, I love having my work trashed. You're welcome for all the work it took.

If someone is willing to teach me how to make a stadium, I would be willing to give County Stadium the mod it deserves..

I'm sure after bashing someone's work your gonna have people just beating down your door to help. What a jerk.

No, I say let him have it. I'll be happy to teach him how to mod, so he can take Cleveland Memorial Stadium, remove the outfield seating, remove the extremes of the upper deck, lower the entire stadium, change the wall collision data, create new graphics and edit the crowd data.

C'mon 'johnnyreb', give it a shot. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. Once you do that, you can act like a total jerk all you want. Or, you can not act like a douchebag, learn to respect the work of others, and figure out how to mod stadiums with our help.

Until then, enjoy being seen as the twat you are.

• 2 months later...

He's not in the beta version as he didn't play in 1994 due his treatment for Hodgkin's Disease.

However I will try and add him to the ChiSox minor league system for the final version, (with low durability ratings to reflect his illness)

He's not in the beta version as he didn't play in 1994 due his treatment for Hodgkin's Disease.

However I will try and add him to the ChiSox minor league system for the final version, (with low durability ratings to reflect his illness)

just thinking of this, wouldnt it be better to put him on the DL for a very long time?

Cause if you put his durability low, you'd never be able to properly use him and if he's on the DL, you can fully use him after he "recovered" if you're playing a dynasty for multiple seasons.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Contrary to popular belief I'm still working on this 1994 conversion bit by bit, Although it has taken a back seat during the 2006 regular season, my modding goal for the off-season is to get a final version of this released that I'm 100% happy with.

I'm about halfway sorting out the correct career stats and birthdates for the players,

Because tywiggins schedule changer allows us to change the game year to '1994' there's no reason to not give the players their correct date of birth instead of adding 11 years to it as in the beta

When I've finished that task I'll release an updated mvpedit file so anyone interested (yes, both of you) can suggest corrections, additional players, things like that

I'd quite like to have the minors leagues filled as much as possible, cankey has already helped out by filling most of the Rockies farm system with real-life players, which was great....

I've also completed 1994-themed batter walk-up music file, that will be available as a seperate download in a few days time for anyone who is interested

(thanks to edm for his help with this)

On the uniform front, the only mlb uniforms that need to be created are the Mets, Reds, Pirates & the Cubs Road unis. I will create a thread with reference photos and the like in the mod request thread soon, if anyone is interested in helping out in this area.

As far as ballparks go, no progress has been made there, although I have been collecting pictures of 1994 ballparks on the off-chance someone wanted to create one of the '94 stadia needed or at the very least do some simple ad replacements on an existing ballpark like Yankee Stadium or the Astrodome...

Anyway, this conversion will be the main focus of my modding efforts for the weeks to come, with a hopeful release date sometime in december or january...

Glad to here about it!

94' ...The good old days... back when the Ms had Griffey, Arod, Edgar, Randy and a few sleepers stuffed in the minors by the names of Jason Varitek, Derek Lowe and David Arias.. I think he changed his name Ortiz, or something like that, after a few years in Minnesota - I dont know, I really havent been paying attention ;).

Anyway, I will definatley be keeping tabs!

Archived