MVP Baseball 1994 thread

Hory

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the words of support guys,

Will it be done roundabout Christmas? ...Even if not, there's Beta versions still available for download, right?

I hope so, no promises though as I'm quite anally retentive and I keep finding new things to add and improve...

I wouldn't download the beta, it's not worth it, the difference between it and the current version is night and day..

Any uniforms I can help with?

Well, apart from the minor leagues, all the unis except the Pirates have been done,

But I still need some more accurate fonts for some uniforms and maybe some minor league uniforms, but I'll make a post soon of what is left to be done.

• 4 weeks later...

The current Work in Progress (version 0.98) of the 1994 rosters have been uploaded here

Changes in 0.98

All 28 MLB teams have correct career stats, DOB, most players have been re-rated by kraw's spreadsheets & highlight_reel's CAP guide on Fanfare games.

Complete minor league teams added for Colorado & Kansas City by cankey & Bonny.

Roster & Statistics & Dates work correctly in mvpsavreader when used with tywiggins schedule changer.

Still to do

Add more minor league players

Readjust lineups, 25-man rosters.

Plan to include every player that made a major league appearance in 1994 as well as all the Baseball America Top 100 prospects.

Many pitch selections need to be checked and corrected from Neyer/James Guide.

Recheck generic face selections for many players.

Adjust attributes for players based on simmed seasons.

If you wish to help with improving these rosters, post any corrections or suggestions in the roster thread here.

Any help or corrections are very much appreciated, especially anyone wanting to do complete minor league organisations like cankey & Bonny have done with the Rockies & Royals.

Is Busch Stadium going to have Turf?

I hope so,

I've been looking for someone to just do a simple turf change for the EA versions of Kauffman & Busch to include with the mod.

If not, I guess I'll have to figure out how to do it myself.

It would need more than just that. Busch Stadium is a trickey place to mod. You literally need to revert it back to 1966 and THEN build on to it in the manner the Cardinals did. Otherwise, you just end up with a mess.

Yea, I've read yours & Sean O's horror stories about modding Busch,

so I'm not realistically expecting anyone to want to do a accurate 1994 version of the park.

For 1994 I'd just be happy with the EA 2005 version of Busch with turf, sure it's not perfectly '94 realistic but it's better than the default stadium with grass.

Yea, I've read yours & Sean O's horror stories about modding Busch,

so I'm not realistically expecting anyone to want to do a accurate 1994 version of the park.

For 1994 I'd just be happy with the EA 2005 version of Busch with turf, sure it's not perfectly '94 realistic but it's better than the default stadium with grass.

Yeah, that's for sure.

The current Work in Progress (version 0.98) of the 1994 rosters have been uploaded here

Changes in 0.98

All 28 MLB teams have correct career stats, DOB, most players have been re-rated by kraw's spreadsheets & highlight_reel's CAP guide on Fanfare games.

Complete minor league teams added for Colorado & Kansas City by cankey & Bonny.

Roster & Statistics & Dates work correctly in mvpsavreader when used with tywiggins schedule changer.

Still to do

Plan to include every player that made a major league appearance in 1994 as well as all the Baseball America Top 100 prospects.

If you wish to help with improving these rosters, post any corrections or suggestions in the roster thread here.

Any help or corrections are very much appreciated, especially anyone wanting to do complete minor league organisations like cankey & Bonny have done with the Rockies & Royals.

WHOO-HOO!!! I'm famous!!!

Changes in 0.98

Complete minor league teams added for Colorado & Kansas City by cankey & Ace152.

Still to do

Any help or corrections are very much appreciated, especially anyone wanting to do complete minor league organisations like cankey & Ace152 have done with the Rockies & Royals.

New name

Hory,

I sent you a PM.

I can help with Audios and Portaits for the Dodgers.

Have there been a decision on the Player ID numbers, how they will be assigned?

Thanks,

Tx

I am unable to respond to PMs on this site

Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages.

I assume because I was banned earlier

So thanks a lot MarkB, you're a great guy.

I'll respond to your PM here

To be honest there's not much left in terms of portraits left to do for the Dodgers (although the minor leagues are not complete for them yet) only 3 rookies need portraits I think

If you look at the spreadsheet in the rosters download it has a sheet for each team,

after the name, the first column is "Has a portrait"

Y = Yes N = No D = default EA portrait W = yes, but with wrong team hat

second is "audio already in game?" Y = Yes

third is created audio added if any

acd = Kuper/Krukow announcements p=PA announcement

If you have any audio you want to create and add, go for it, the player id number should be in the spreadsheet or rosters.

Thanks

Sounds good Hory. I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I see some blank Dodger announcements. I'll work on filling in as many as possible.

Is there any plan to fill out the minor league rosters? Specifically with real prospects? It would require creating some players but imo it would make the Mod exceptionally better.

Thanks,

Tx

Sounds good Hory. I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I see some blank Dodger announcements. I'll work on filling in as many as possible.

Is there any plan to fill out the minor league rosters? Specifically with real prospects? It would require creating some players but imo it would make the Mod exceptionally better.

Thanks,

Tx

Cool,

adding more real players is definitely on the cards, for example I have about 10-12 players so far on my to-do list to add to the Dodgers organisation.

Archived