Nostradamus

NYM

Has anyone heard of who this guy is? I watched something on the History channel about him. He was born in 1503, and predicts the future in quatrains or 4 line sentences. He has some very intersting predictions such as the London Fire, The French Revolution, the three Anti-Christ's (two which were already described as Napolean and Hitler, the third one is not yet know).

He also predicted WWIII. According to his prophecy, it has already begun. He said in July of 1999 the war will start. The 9/11 attacks are part of WWIII, and he even mentions that. You may think 1999? Long time ago. But Bin Laden started planning for the 9/11 attacks in 1999 according to 9/11 Commision Report. Here's some stuff he wrote:

In the year 1999 and seven months

From the sky will come the great King of Terror.

He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;

Before and after war reigns.

Nostradamus predicts the war will begin shortly before the year 1999. It doesn't make much sense , but many are now saying that the 'war' was set 'in motion' in 1999, and now after Septermeber 11th these things are going to come true... as we are now 'at war with terror.' Interpret it how you will. He also tells us how long the war will last.

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.

Fire approaches the great new city.

New York on the Latitude and Longitude is at 45. Just touching the tip of NY State. You could easily fit the word "York" in the New City.

Nostradamus also says the end of the world will come in the year 3786 or 3797. There were no more predictions from Nostradamus from 3797 on. He said in a letter to his son "this will be the end of thw world"

I just thought I would post this. I find it interesting.

When those of the Northern Pole are united,

In the East will be great fear and dread...

One day the two great leaders will be friends;

Their great powers will be seen to grow.

The New Land will be at the height of its power:

To the man of blood the number is reported.

This is how the war will end. Maybe the people from the Northern Pole are the Russians. There has recently been a breakdown in communism, and the "new land" is probably North America (USA mainly), also referred to as the "new world". There has also been an increase in friendship between the US and Russia. Maybe it will be USA and Russia together to help and the war.

Everything he purportedly predicted is so vague that it can be interpreted virtually any way. Simply by chance, someone predicting something hundreds of years ago with vague language will be correct a shocking amount of time.

I don't buy it for a second.

NYM91, there was a movie made about Nostradamus's predictions. Well, kind of like a documentary. I saw it years ago and in the movie it goes into detail what he predicted. How he did this is amazing.

It really is amazing. Im not saying the guy is right, nor wrong. Right now I'm leaning towards he's right. If he made one prediction you can say, well ok. But to make so many predictions is just amazing.

The one I really like is how he said the war will start in 1999. How did he know. Bin Laden started planning for the attack that year. War is going to break out really soon though, I can tell you that. American has overtsayed their visit in Iraq, leaders there are getting upset, and it's only gona take a turn for the worse.

Im gona do more research on this guy, I want to know what he predicts from the end of the war on till the end. He predicted two anti christs and the third one will probably be the last meaning the end of the world. Im guessing that one wont come until the late 3000's.

As long as I'm dead before Armageddon comes, or La Palma erupts sending a mega Tsunami to NYC, I'll be very happy.

By the way why dont they just blow that island up. That's a way you can prevent the Tsunami.

lol....i get into these kind of things.

I know who he is and too say he perdicted events is a little misleading I think. Only because researchers say he perdicted future events only after that event happened. If he so called perdicted the future then why didnt we know that these event were coming? And maybe do something about it. Just my two cents.

If you really want to check out prophecy thats acurate and true check out the Bible......There you will find many Including the coming of Jesus fortold 700 years before He came......There you will find Israel becomming a nation in 1948 long before it happened.....There you will find the death buriel and reserection of Jesus long before it happened.....There you will find the beginning and the end..........

Check out the book entitled "The Bible Code." It's really interesting stuff, but you always have to approach such predictions with skepticism. I agree with Thome. It's easy to say that people made such predictions once you're looking back on events that already occurred. It's more difficult to understand such "codes" in order to contribute to society's knowledge of future events. In the book, the author discusses how the Bible (the Torah) predicted the assassination of Yitzchak Rabin (Prime Minister of Israel in the 1990s). It says "assassin will assassinate." Even more, the same section that predicts his death, also mentions "Tel Aviv" (the city where he was shot), and the assassin's name. If only we knew what to look for, we might theoretically be able to use it for the good of mankind. Who knows.

Check out the book entitled "The Bible Code." It's really interesting stuff, but you always have to approach such predictions with skepticism. I agree with Thome. It's easy to say that people made such predictions once you're looking back on events that already occurred. It's more difficult to understand such "codes" in order to contribute to society's knowledge of future events. In the book, the author discusses how the Bible (the Torah) predicted the assassination of Yitzchak Rabin (Prime Minister of Israel in the 1990s). It says "assassin will assassinate." Even more, the same section that predicts his death, also mentions "Tel Aviv" (the city where he was shot), and the assassin's name. If only we knew what to look for, we might theoretically be able to use it for the good of mankind. Who knows.

I heard about the Bible code. They predicted that there will be a major earthquake in 2012 or somtime around thier in California. Just have to wait and see.

HEY, I'M A PROPHET!!!

In the Year of the reign of the fire, the iron giants will surmount the sands of thou west, leaving few survivors and no victors.

Whatever the hell that means, it'd be considered some awesome prophecy if I were nostradamus.

The best prediction is the one where the "Black one" will attack a land between two rivers (Iraq) and that the "Black one" is Colin Powell. :lol: The future is only what we make of it.

Also people on the internet make up predictions that sound like Nostro made them and they tell everyone that Nostro predicted such and such. This happened with 9-11 and with Bush being elected (village idiot quote). These were made up. The 9-11 Prediction was quickly made up by a college student and I don't know who did the village idiot prediction.

Look, the Bible Code method is exactly as accurate if you use the dictionary, or War and Peace, or the Brothers Karamazov, or any large collection of random text. Has anyone ever heard of the Big Sky Theory? Essentially, the state-of-the-art B2 bomber uses the fact that the sky is really really big to avoid ramming into a jet airliner or anything else flying in the sky.

When you have a large amount of anything, as the number of letters in the bible, ascribing semantic value to sections of text is utterly pointless. Plus, when you consider what is canonical in your interpretation of the bible or the torah, and especially how many rulers have re-written the bible for their particular purposes, you realize how human (aka flawed) the bible and religious history really is.

I'm sorry everybody, the world is exactly as limited as it appears. And the sooner people realize this, the better we'll all be.

Is it not possible these predictions are being acted upon. It's only a prediction if no one knows that it was predicted. I could have started the war shortly after 1999 knowing that this "Soothsayer" had already predicted it. Nostradamus is a crock of ****.

Sean O, I think you've mixed up the Old Testament with the New Testament. The Torah, the Old Testament, was written by Moses as G-d dictated. In other words, that Bible is G-d's work. The New Testament was the one written by humans later on. I do agree with you, though, about the Bible Code and using contiguous text, which is why I said you need to remain skeptical when observing such "predictions" as determined by the author of the book. I'm sure if you took the entire Torah, you could find just about anything you want. The concept of being able to look at sections of the Torah (in hebrew) and find such "predictions" is still fascinating, and it begs the question as to whether or not one may use the Torah to predict future events.

Well, we obviously have a different idea of who wrote the old testament, since 1). I think there's no freaking chance anyone but man wrote that, because 2). there is no god. Plus, if the god of the old testament actually exists, there's no freaking way I'm worshipping such a bloodthirsty monster. But that's an entirely different discussion.

Plain and simple, there was as much divine intervention in the old testament as there was in the Tao Te Ching, the Quaran, and Where's Waldo.

Archived