Jpup's TM Plus 2.5 Available Now

jpup

what i saw said that he was designated for assignment not released. i'll fix it if it's wrong. thanks for the heads up.

i just checked the Mercury News and it said that Eric Karros was designated for assignment. He hasn't been released yet. Oakland still has his rights.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, I was wrong. i finally found the article. I just want to have 2 sources before I change anything. Thanks again and he will be a FA on the roster.

AP-The Oakland Athletics released veteran first baseman Eric Karros on Thursday, two days after designating him for assignment.

Karros struggled in his first season with the A's, batting .194 with two homers and 11 RBIs while appearing in just 40 games. He signed with Oakland in February after 12 seasons in Los Angeles and one with the Chicago Cubs.

Karros, the 1992 NL Rookie of the Year, has a .268 career average with 284 homers and 1,027 RBIs. He hit 30 or more homers five times, including a career-high 34 in 1996 and '99. Karros also drove in over 100 runs five times, with a high of 112 in 1999.

I don't think that there will be a ton of trades between now and midnight on Saturday.

Hope this doesn't slow you down too much! I can't wait - if your roster work is anything like your stadium mods, I know they'll be A-1!

EDIT: Carrera is #55

I just sent the MVpedit update to your yahoo email if you still need it.

thanks man.

also, the trades didn't slow me down. a glitch in mvpedit has slowed me down somewhat. G changed free agent ratings in version 4 and this caused me to have 2 of the same player for about 20 guys, so I had to delete them completely. When you delete on of them in mvpedit, it automatically deletes them both. don't know why. so i had to manually write down all the numbers, etc. and then go back and recreate them. i almost have them all done.

Progress thus far:

ALL Players are with the correct organization in all 3 levels unlike my previous update. I still had several minor leaguers on their previous team so I went through every single player for all 3 levels and checked which team he was on. This took several hours, probably 15-20.

I just need to get all the rosters to their correct size (25,25,22) and then set lineups and rotations. then i will test the set and release it. should be done by Monday. I'll try to get it done by Sunday, but most likely not.

another thing, i have to wait on the traded players to all be given numbers before I can release them as well. They should be done Sunday.

guys, i am working my *** off, i promise, just bear with me a little longer.

btw is John Olerud a Yankee?

is he a yankee now? i missed that one. if so seattle is going to be out of it for a while to come, while they rebuild basically from scratch. back to the old days i guess for the mariners.

Hey jpup, all the players that have been traded have their new number on ESPN.com

those numbers are not correct. Nomar is wearing #8 and Espn.com gave him #15. Actually WGN has him as #15 on their in game sweep but he is wearing #8.

on second look, most of them look to be right except for Nomar. thanks for the heads up. Now back to work. It's going to be a long day. ;)

jpup - this is via an article on ESPN.com about the Dodgers lineup

With the addition of Choi, who was in the starting lineup Saturday night, and Encarnacion no longer in right field, Shawn Green primarily will take over in right. Before being moved to first base in spring training, Green had played nearly his entire career as a right fielder.

Tracy said that on nights when the Dodgers face a left-handed pitcher, the lefty-hitting Choi may sit with Green taking over at first base, Jayson Werth in left field and Bradley moving to right.

Penny will make his first start as a Dodger on Tuesday at home against Pittsburgh. He will take over the starting spot of lefty Wilson Alvarez, who will move to the bullpen.

The Dodgers also recalled right-handed pitcher Yhency Brazoban from Triple-A Las Vegas before Saturday's game.

hey guys. just want to let you all know that I went ahead and added Olerud to the Yankees and gave him #18 since he is going to sign either today or tommorrow and Torre said he will be the starter.

#18 was the lowest number that New York has available to the best of my knowledge. I might change it to #52 since Contreras is gone. Let me know which one you all want me to put in.

It's looking like a late night release or sometime tommorrow. I have ran into a problem of have either way too many players for an organization or not nearly enough. I guess some free agents are going to have to play some AA ball.

hey guys. just want to let you all know that I went ahead and added Olerud to the Yankees and gave him #18 since he is going to sign either today or tommorrow and Torre said he will be the starter.

#18 was the lowest number that New York has available to the best of my knowledge. I might change it to #52 since Contreras is gone. Let me know which one you all want me to put in.

It's looking like a late night release or sometime tommorrow. I have ran into a problem of have either way too many players for an organization or not nearly enough. I guess some free agents are going to have to play some AA ball.

go with #18 for olerud.

My roster set will be uploaded at some point today. I have it all done except for a couple touch ups and testing it out in the game. It may be late tonight due to my work schedule for today. Thanks for your patience. :D

Archived