WIP: Proposed Oakland Stadium

friar

I started working on the proposed A's stadium today. I don't have enough done to make it worth posting pics yet, but I assure you they are coming. In the meantime, here's a few pics of the ballpark plans, courtesy ballparksofbaseball.com...

athleticsmain.jpg

athletics700.jpg

Check out the scoreboard and overhanging seats on that centerfield wall. Sick.

athletics701.jpg

Rooftop bleachers in left as well - just finished building these. :)

I should have some screenshots later this week for you guys, if you want. There's still a lot to be done in oedit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know there not building this right? Other than that it's gona be great to see a new stadium.

I haven't heard anything confirmed either way. Do you have a link?

I know it's been back and forth on picking a site, funding, etc. for a few years, but last I heard the project was still alive. Correct me if I'm wrong...maybe I'll make a few changes and just make it a generic new stadium for any team to use. Anyone else have any bright ideas?

EDIT: Found this article on SFGate...looks like the owner has pulled his financial backing, but the deal isn't totally dead yet. Read it here: Link

thats stadium reminds me of petco with the wherehouse down the leftfield line. those hanging seats in center look sick. how cool would it be to have season tickets their.

Yeah, that's sick. The building in dead CF is luxury boxes; the taller building to its left is a hotel. I don't know what's in the one with the bleachers on top, though. :)

Anyway, I will do this ballpark; it sounds like there's enough interest to make it worth it. Early screens should be up later this week. If anyone would volunteer to help me with collision data (as I have no clue how to edit that), I'd really appreciate it. :)

friar-

I'll help you with the wall data, in that I'll show you how to do it. It's not too difficult, and it seems like you're making good progress so far.

I wouldn't even think about making this in MVP, since it is a serious task. I wish you the absolute best, and I'm thrilled to see another modder around here. Especially if you're going to take on such great (in both quality and concept) projects.

Also, do as you wish, but some advice. Petco is not going to be the best base for this stadium, as there is absolutely nothing in common with the park apart from the warehouse, which is easily replaced. Tiger Stadium, depending on how you want to do it, might be the best bet, or one of the classic, double decked parks like Forbes or Shibe.

Just my advice, from someone who's been there.

friar-

I'll help you with the wall data, in that I'll show you how to do it. It's not too difficult, and it seems like you're making good progress so far.

I wouldn't even think about making this in MVP, since it is a serious task. I wish you the absolute best, and I'm thrilled to see another modder around here. Especially if you're going to take on such great (in both quality and concept) projects.

Also, do as you wish, but some advice. Petco is not going to be the best base for this stadium, as there is absolutely nothing in common with the park apart from the warehouse, which is easily replaced. Tiger Stadium, depending on how you want to do it, might be the best bet, or one of the classic, double decked parks like Forbes or Shibe.

Just my advice, from someone who's been there.

I know Petco doesn't share a lot of features with this park, so I'm not using it. I'm actually using PNC Park, as it has a similar seating bowl (including the kink down the left field line, which I'll merely exaggerate), a lot of building in the skyline I can play with for the hotel and the CF backdrop.

Though I must say, as a severely biased Padre fan :D, that Petco is the best ballpark in baseball, hands down. :)

Any guidance you can provide for the collision data is appreciated. Good to have your support on this - it's a big undertaking, but it's gonna look amazing when it's done! :)

Go for it...

Any chance anyone out there would like to tackles the proposed new stadium for the Twins? I doubt it will happen but it would still be nice to play in it...

I had thought about it, maybe that will be my next project. Stay tuned.

And I will have screens up this weekend, but I haven't done any textures yet so it's just using all the ones from Pirate's PNC. So the buildings don't look right yet. And that RF corner is going to be a ***** - I still don't know how I'll do it. I'm gonna have to use removable, and I'll probably use the corner from Tiger Stadium, but it's gonna take a while.

OK, screens will have to wait for a day. I need to do some work with the textures, and I need to use Photoshop - but I only have it at work. Here's what's been done so far:

- Kink in LF seating bowl moved in closer to home

- Building in LF set up

- Bleachers on top of LF building set up

- CF building set up

I have a question, though...I know I can move the bullpens, but is there any way to move the cameras for the bullpens? If I don't move them, they'll be under the building in CF, and that won't be cool. Anyone have an idea on this?

Anyway, look for some screens tomorrow. Should be able to get some of the textures hammered out at work tomorrow. Stay tuned. :)

I think you can move the cameras,but I don't think you can movethe pitchers in the bullpen. You can move the plate and rubber but the pitchers will remain regardless if they are under a building or not

Yeah, this was something I was wondering about for my Busch Stadium II mod. I was wanting to move the pitchers out from behind the wall and onto the foul territory down the lines. So, this isn't possible at all?

Archived