kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried saving the roster as a .sav and loading it with MVPSavReader, and I get this error. Maybe this could lead me to a problem; I have absolutely no idea what this means. Hopefully we can figure this out; I'd hate to disappoint a lot of people and waste my time with all this for nothing!

untitled15ec.jpg

You're using SwinginSoriano's roster as a base? That's weird. When I was doing my roster set I had created well over 150+ players (deleted fake players) and used mostly as 9999 for IDs and my game never crashed. Maybe it's your MVP, not running good with the rosters.

Send me a copy and I'll have a look. If you want.

Great news! With the help of the amazing Krawhitham, I was able to fix the crashing problem! I'm not going to go into details, but basically it was a problem with the All Star teams, but Kraw pointed me in the right direction and I was able to fix it. Much love to him! Anyways, this project is back on the right track. I will begin one of the last phases very shortly. Basically what I have left to do is: 1)edit all previously non-edited players, 2) set lineups and rotations, 3) set active rosters. I'm probably missing something, but there you have it. This part will definitely take the longest out of any part, so expect a release in no less than 2 weeks. I feel like streaking naked through the streets I'm so happy :lol:

Great news! With the help of the amazing Krawhitham, I was able to fix the crashing problem! I'm not going to go into details, but basically it was a problem with the All Star teams, but Kraw pointed me in the right direction and I was able to fix it. Much love to him! Anyways, this project is back on the right track. I will begin one of the last phases very shortly. Basically what I have left to do is: 1)edit all previously non-edited players, 2) set lineups and rotations, 3) set active rosters. I'm probably missing something, but there you have it. This part will definitely take the longest out of any part, so expect a release in no less than 2 weeks. I feel like streaking naked through the streets I'm so happy :lol:

Is he going to convert it to consoles too? :wink:

I'm glad you'll be using mine! I'm working on the fun part as I type this; I get to watch videos and try to get the minor appearance details as close as I can. to the real thing. It sure beats trying to reduce the roster size! :) I think I'm going to go about editing in a different way; usually I go Anaheim-Washington in alphabetical order. I just started with Anaheim, but if someone wants to request the next team I do, that'd be cool; I'm receptive to any and all teams. Stay tuned for more updates.

Because those are players not in any previous rosters, so I have to "create" them from scratch. It looks like everything is working now so I don't think they cause a problem. The "create" will be removed shortly from all of them anyways.

MJ, it looks like a "no" to PS2 and I haven;t heard anything (or even asked anyone) yet for XBox. If anyone knows how and wants to convert for XBox, I'd be glad if they did.

I've been thinking about that, since your roster is based off UR it might be possible. Did you import SS players team by team or players by players?

20xy.png

which one did you choose when importing

Because those are players not in any previous rosters, so I have to "create" them from scratch. It looks like everything is working now so I don't think they cause a problem. The "create" will be removed shortly from all of them anyways.

now damnit, I replaced the all star teams too late last nigh but it was still crashing after that

maybe I screwed up, I'll try again

I imported player by player from Soriano's.

cool, I'm pretty sure (but I do have a few more things to try using this method) that team by team will not work (I was trying to fix the console problem)

help me out here tell me what you did and I will repeat the steps and see at what point it stops working for the console (this might take we a few days, I have to create a new DVD disc at every step. But with so many wanting it I'm willing to try)

What version of MVPedit are you using?

What version of SS's roster did you use?

What version of UR did you use?

Did you do any manually editing before the all star problem?

I'll try to explain the best I can.

I think I used UR 6.4 as a true base, and then imported player by player from Soriano's. Since the 25 man roster for each team on each roster wasn't identical, I only imported the players that were both on each rosters' MLB team/AAA team, etc. The rest I did manually, so that's how I incorporated Soriano's roster into mine.

I obviously couldn't test the roster out after I did each team because the player count was way too high, so I couldn't tell you what team would've made it crash, if any. What I can tell you though is a past experience I had. I imported team by team from Soriano's matching up the 25 man rosters so I didn't duplicate or delete any players. The result was a working roster for every team but 3: Washington, Toronto, St. Louis. For some reason it crashed after importing these teams. That was a few months ago and I didn't know about player count limits; I don't know if that made it crash or anything.

I believe I used Soriano 2.31, UR 6.4, and I have MVPEdit 2006.2

Archived