kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

Welcome back from vacation. My rosters are nowhere near complete, and I don't expect them to be until end of summer possibly. I have a long ways to go. And yes, portraits will be released for all the new player IDs. I do those as I go along so it doesn't hinder the process. If you'd really like to start a dynasty I'd g for it. You can probably get in a full season before I release my roster.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back from vacation. My rosters are nowhere near complete, and I don't expect them to be until end of summer possibly. I have a long ways to go. And yes, portraits will be released for all the new player IDs. I do those as I go along so it doesn't hinder the process. If you'd really like to start a dynasty I'd g for it. You can probably get in a full season before I release my roster.

WOW. end of the summer?

I can't be sure, and end of the summer is just a general timetable. I'm trying to make these as perfect as possible, and it takes a long time to edit each team, and gets harder from MLB-AAA, AAA-AA and so on. AA and A teams are hard because there's not a whole lot of info on the players even with my account to scout.com, but I'm trying my darndest to get it right.

Single A and many AA players are such mysteries, that your guess is as good as many at scout.com. I wouldn't worry too much about them, and would let the fate of peoples' Dynasties play the role in how they develop. Their general star rating and main scouting report is all that's real important with those guys, who are generally no where near ML ready. The nitty gritty is in the ML players, and some of the higher ranking AAA players. All in all, I'm sure you'll do a great job, and I can't wait! I guess I'll just wait on a new UR with the El Duque trade and other recent moves made, and start up a Dynasty. Keep up the great work.

I agree. the MLB players should be priority over all. Then the top prospects in AAA. The A and AA players usually don't make it up to th emajors for about 5 years anyway, and thats if they're good. I can't wait kg, great job.

I'm going to finish the Red Sox A team tonight, so I'll have Anaheim, San Diego, and Boston completed. I've been testing out the teams that I've finished to make sure I didn't rate someone out of their league or didn't rate them too low, and so far I'm pleased with the results. I do have a couple questions that someone may be able to help me with:

1. Is it possible to add a feature to MVPEdit that allows you to see, for lack of a better term, a rating bar? It'd be soooo nice to see how good a player is rated in the game without having to export the files and manually check in the game. This might be a question I have to ask rglass, but I know Soriano has done some work with MVPEdit and he might know.

2. Does anybody know at what numbers does the bat icon show up for hitters in each league? I've noticed at the MLB level, a hitter with only 45 power won't have a bat icon obviously, but at AA I think they do. I'm sure someone's figured that out before.

That would be very nice to have a rating bar in MVPedit, I have thought of asking rglass that. Regarding the bat icon, I know in the MLB you have to have a 75 on power and contact to have a bat. I'm pretty sure thats how it works for MLB, but for the others, I'm not sure. Potential might also have something to do with it though, not sure.

If somebody wants to tackle that project, all the power to them.

Tonight, with the help of tywiggins, I was able to completely delete the Legends and Heros teams from the roster. This will allow a couple of things to happen: make 2 minor league All Star teams, and allow people, when the roster is released, to create many players if they so choose. I feel that if people want to play Legends and Heros, they can download TC and go nuts. I'll decide whether or not I want to make the minor league teams and how to choose who goes on what team later on.

I'll just do it based off of the 2006 top 100 prospects, with one catch; players that have seen significant MLB time won't be included; so no Verlander, Hermida, or Brian Anderson. In a test run, I divided the Heros and legends into Eastern and Western All Stars. Guys that are prospects for eastern teams like Anibal Sanchez (Fla) and Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Atl) go in Eastern, and John Danks (Tex) and Ian Stewart (Col) go on the Western team. It looked pretty good to me.

One major problem I ran into tonight; scout.com has absolutely nothing on the Astros, and they're the team I'm currently doing. If anybody has anything at all on Round Rock, Salem, or Corpus Christi, hook me up. Basically it's like I'm trying to hit a homerun with a blindfold on :). So if you've got any info on minor leaguers, I'd appreciate your help.

Archived