kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

I'll try to explain the best I can.

I think I used UR 6.4 as a true base, and then imported player by player from Soriano's. Since the 25 man roster for each team on each roster wasn't identical, I only imported the players that were both on each rosters' MLB team/AAA team, etc. The rest I did manually, so that's how I incorporated Soriano's roster into mine.

I obviously couldn't test the roster out after I did each team because the player count was way too high, so I couldn't tell you what team would've made it crash, if any. What I can tell you though is a past experience I had. I imported team by team from Soriano's matching up the 25 man rosters so I didn't duplicate or delete any players. The result was a working roster for every team but 3: Washington, Toronto, St. Louis. For some reason it crashed after importing these teams. That was a few months ago and I didn't know about player count limits; I don't know if that made it crash or anything.

I believe I used Soriano 2.31, UR 6.4, and I have MVPEdit 2006.2

I'll start on this today, hey BTW what is the player limit for a roster?

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you'll be using mine! I'm working on the fun part as I type this; I get to watch videos and try to get the minor appearance details as close as I can. to the real thing. It sure beats trying to reduce the roster size! :) I think I'm going to go about editing in a different way; usually I go Anaheim-Washington in alphabetical order. I just started with Anaheim, but if someone wants to request the next team I do, that'd be cool; I'm receptive to any and all teams. Stay tuned for more updates.

go division by division......starting with NL West :lol:

Twinkies

Deleted:

P's Chris Schutt, Josh Hill, Colby Miller, Angel Garcia, 3b David Winfree, OF Justin Arneson, C Javier Sanchez, 3b Jose Leger

untitled26dk.jpg

Boof Bonser should be moved from AAA to MLB to replace Kyle Lohse who should be moved down to AAA.

Carlos Silva should be a RP since he's proven this year to be a horrible SP and the Twins have officially moved him off the starting rotation.

You're an all-star KG! Keep up the good work!

Well I just finished editing all the remaining Angels, so they're good to go. It took roughly 9 hours to edit all 4 teams to get them to a level I thought was acceptable. After a well deserved sleep, I'll tackle the Padres tomorrow.

heh, that shows how much the Reds thought Williams was worth: nothing.

EDIT: Manuel was on Dayton (Low A Reds), so unless he goes to St. Lucie or higher, he won't be in the roster. Dave will be sure to go right to the Mets.

Dave will be sure to go right to the Mets.

per rotoworld:

"Mets optioned LHP Dave Williams to Triple-A Norfolk.

Instead of being carried in the Mets' bullpen, Williams will join Norfolk's rotation. The Mets could still try him as a middle reliever once they have a need. He'd also be an option at the back of the rotation if Alay Soler struggles."

I think what I might do when I release the roster is include a whole bunch of portraits for all the new guys that haven't been in a roster before, so you don't have a whole bunch of silhouette's when looking at new players. How does that sound? What ever portraits can be 2xed will be, and they will all be high quality work.

I think what I might do when I release the roster is include a whole bunch of portraits for all the new guys that haven't been in a roster before, so you don't have a whole bunch of silhouette's when looking at new players. How does that sound? What ever portraits can be 2xed will be, and they will all be high quality work.

are you serious? wow thats great!

Archived