Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

Tywiggins, i played an extra inning game going 13 innings. However, when running the program, an error message popped up. The html page was created but the game log only recorded the first 12 innings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'll try to fix it.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JWClubbie

Love the mod... Is it possible to add Umpire names to the boxscores... I can do the research and get names for MiLB and MLB....

Problem with umps is that I'm about 99.9% sure that they aren't included in the MVP game...same with the attendence.

Ty's program extracts info from the actual game file...and if it's not included in the game file...well, it just can't be included.

A couple of small problems.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/ROC/ROC18.htm

The save total for Jermaine Van Buren wraps.

The pitching info shows a batter getting hit, but the batter that got hit isn't getting listed.

Also, not related to this boxscore. Trues had a game output where the pitch counts weren't displayed in Kraw's html output, but were in the csv file.

A couple of small problems.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/ROC/ROC18.htm

The save total for Jermaine Van Buren wraps.

The pitching info shows a batter getting hit, but the batter that got hit isn't getting listed.

Also, not related to this boxscore. Trues had a game output where the pitch counts weren't displayed in Kraw's html output, but were in the csv file.

I just fixed it so that it won't wrap.

I guess I forgot to do HBP and IBB for batters. I'll get to this within the next couple of days.

That's odd about the pitchcounts. It shouldn't be possible.

Here is the latest build. Please test out the game log. I think I fixed it, but I'm not completely sure.

I changed the title on kraw's page, and the MVP Scoreboard line.

If it is an exhibition game, I put the current date (real).

If it's not an exhibition game, I put the filename. Later I will put the game date here instead.

I put in a game heading. I tried to do the flash version that was in kraw's layout, but I couldn't get it to work.

This was in the yesterday's version, but I didn't mention it:

If you choose kraw's layout, and choose 'x' for an exhibition game, then the season stats don't show up.

I will try to do this for neojonas's layout also.

I just fixed it so that it won't wrap.

Thanks much.

I guess I forgot to do HBP and IBB for batters. I'll get to this within the next couple of days.

Excellent.

That's odd about the pitchcounts. It shouldn't be possible.

I thought it was odd too, especially given that they were in the csv file, as well as showing up properly on a couple of other games.

If you choose kraw's layout, and choose 'x' for an exhibition game, then the season stats don't show up.

I will try to do this for neojonas's layout also.

That sounds great, will have to give it a test run.

One thing this Box Score capture/display tool will open the door for is automated newspaper style summaries. I mean as if a beat reporter wrote about the game. I saw this done by someone in the old FBPRO 98 days, and it was just awesome. It really added to the authenticity of the game/league and brought a whole new flavor to the mods.

I don't know how he did it, but the write-ups did not get repetitive. It was a program that you kicked off after you saved your final game stats. Sounds like we need both a programmer and an English major for this one!

C

First game with the latest build, missing the pitch count for the Yankees, and the game log for the Twins.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/MIN/MIN21.htm

Got the same result from all export options, including the csv.

Harris pinch ran for Floyd in the 8th, then came to bat the next inning. Nothing out of the ordinary happened that I recall.

almost the same result here, mine is missing the PC and play by play for the away team

I ran the previous build on the same game and it had the play by play for both teams, but was still missing the pitch count for the away team

Here is a new build. The last one I had a "<" instead of ">" for the away teams game log.

I also added HBP and IBB for batters to kraw's layout.

I also changed the pitch count. I now output the pitchcount in less than ideal situations.

Let me know how if you get any errors.

Wiggins - Incredably awesome work with this program!

This is the biggest thing since sliced bread in the MVP - IP to IP league world!

Sure does open ALOT of options on stat keeping!

Been testing with it, about to try out the new build.

UPDATE: Pitch count now working for both teams listed. no errors.

Love the fact of the CSV export file. Now we can incorporate the stats into the website just as we do with Maddens CSV. export file for the games each week!

I ran into a strange problem here's what happened in the box score:

ok my #5 hitter singled and was pinch ran for..

then my #6 hitter also single and was pinch ran for.

Both pinch runners remained in the game.. one of the move to LF and the other at 3B. That's nothing strange. My #6 hitter is the 1B so the LF moved to 1B and pinch runner was in LF. Now they both came up to bat later in the game the new LF was listed as being a pinch hitter for the original LF in the box score which is odd.

First run on the latest build.

Pitch count and game log is all there, bit of a problem with the Mariners pitch count though, says the reliever threw 66 pitches. The total of 97 for the two pitchers would be correct though.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/MIN/MIN27.htm

In the csv for the same game it shows 75 as the total pitches for the two players, still shows 66 pitches for the reliever.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebo...cores/MIN27.csv

Different issue, when exporting this game as a Kraw/exhibition, the Twins (home) are using the season totals.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/MIN/minx.htm

My 2nd run was similar to the 1st. Mariner reliever showing more pitches than they should. This time the number shown in the csv is way out there, 554.05 in the Kraw/Min output, and 553.86 in the Kraw/Exhibition.

Kraw/Min: Boxscore | CSV

Kraw/Ex: Boxscore | CSV

One small nitpick, the blank space between "BASERUNNING" and the "CS:" on the Twins side.

I ran into a strange problem here's what happened in the box score:

ok my #5 hitter singled and was pinch ran for..

then my #6 hitter also single and was pinch ran for.

Both pinch runners remained in the game.. one of the move to LF and the other at 3B. That's nothing strange. My #6 hitter is the 1B so the LF moved to 1B and pinch runner was in LF. Now they both came up to bat later in the game the new LF was listed as being a pinch hitter for the original LF in the box score which is odd.

I see what you're saying. But I don't think there is much I can do about it. The batting order and pinch hitters information that I get is just a list of playerids and their defensive position. So, I have to group them by defensive position. If I could group them by spot in the order, I would.

First run on the latest build.

Pitch count and game log is all there, bit of a problem with the Mariners pitch count though, says the reliever threw 66 pitches. The total of 97 for the two pitchers would be correct though.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/MIN/MIN27.htm

In the csv for the same game it shows 75 as the total pitches for the two players, still shows 66 pitches for the reliever.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebo...cores/MIN27.csv

Different issue, when exporting this game as a Kraw/exhibition, the Twins (home) are using the season totals.

http://sio.midco.net/mvpbaseball/examplebox/MIN/minx.htm

Thanks for these. I guess I forgot to change the AVG, ERA, F% for the home team for exhibition games.

My 2nd run was similar to the 1st. Mariner reliever showing more pitches than they should. This time the number shown in the csv is way out there, 554.05 in the Kraw/Min output, and 553.86 in the Kraw/Exhibition.

Kraw/Min: Boxscore | CSV

Kraw/Ex: Boxscore | CSV

One small nitpick, the blank space between "BASERUNNING" and the "CS:" on the Twins side.

Actually, I just forgot to output a comma after the pitch count in some cases. That is the wrong pitchcount (55) followed by the ERA.

I fixed your nitpick. I also fixed it for Batting if you don't have any doubles.

Pitching was already correct.

Thanks for these as well.

Lastest version crashes

I ran other versions and had no problem

here is a link to the HTM it made before crashing

http://mindwarped.com/boxscore/testversion/CIN/CIN6.htm

I also ran the version that makes the test.dat file, it is attached to this message

I have run this (the lastest) version on other games with no problems

I think I fixed it. I was (accidentally) reading from the away batters at bat history when I was figuring the away pitchcount. So you could get an index out of range error because of this.