Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that neojonas's layout shows when players are switched out in the play by play section

espn also does that

pbp9mv.png

Would it be possible to add that when you have time

It doesn't show that in neojonas's layout. MarkB just adds in that stuff on his own.

Thanks for not showing the 9th inning in that picture. :)

Here is the latest build.

What's new since yesterday:

1. Fielder's primary position is now shown in all layouts.

2. Most of the "Phantom Putouts" are not shown. (The only ones that will still show up are for the players that are substituted for a starter before the starter gets a chance to bat)

3. The in-game date will now be shown on both kraw's and neojonas's layouts for non-exhibition games. For exhibition games, the current date will be shown.

4. Fixed a bug in the batting average calculation. If AB's = 0, then it would cause the program to crash. (Dividing by zero is not allowed)

5. Included HR allowed in the extra pitching stats in kraw's layout.

6. I set the width for each column in kraw's layout.

7. In Kraw's layout, I put the pitcher's record beneath the pitcher's name. If a player had a long name, and got a decision, then the width of the table could have expanded. If you know of a better solution to this problem, let me know.

Test it out, and let me know if you have any problems.

First run on the new build looks great.

2. No phantom putouts, beautiful.

3. Having the varying dates is nice.

5. HR allowed looks like it will work well where it is.

6. The consistant column widths look very good.

7. For the pitcher record, there isn't a whole lot you can do there unless you go with the first letter of the first name only. As you said earlier, there's only so much column width to work with.

The game log works better with the later versions of the program. The pitch count also works better.

There is a limit of 100 entries in the at-bat history. Which is how many there were in your original file(I counted them). I didn't know what the game did when you get past 100. The first 2 innings in your game log are actually the last two innings.

I don't think that this will make the more recent versions crash, but it would for some of the older versions.

As for the game crashing, it might have been caused by the boxscore extractor not releasing it's access to the memory after it crashed.

Well, I'll be using the most recent version now for sure.

If the first 2 innings are actually the last 2, that's not too bad as it can be copied to the end...I think. Have the actual results of the first 2 innings been overwritten then?

Just looked at the file again, but it doesn't quite match. If the 1st inning is actually the 13th, Michael Coleman would have been up twice in it, being intentionally walked once and singling once, whcih obviously couldn't happen unless the Biscuits batted around, which they didn't.

Confusion abound. :?

Thanks Ty.

Thank you Ty. Real piece of art for me. Appreciate your patience with all the amendments and fixes.

I'm playing EA baseball for the first year and the initial lack of boxscore was the first inconvenience for me after playng Madden for some years.

Everytime I run the extractor, i get the box score with the two correct teams of the game, but it's the not the game I played, it has two rosters that belong to a different game played that day

You need to run it immediately after the game. If you don't you will get info from the CPU games that get simmed.

First problem with the latest build, an "invisible CS". Not sure how else to describe it. Hunter was caught stealing and it's shown in Neo's layout, but in Kraw's it has the "CS:" section started, but it is empty.

csneokraw8ew.jpg

Not sure what happened here. An earlier game that I ran had a player recorded in the CS section properly.

On a positive note both layouts worked for Willie Harris. He pinch ran, stole a base and scored a run, without having an at bat. Harris was not recorded in the CSV file though.

First problem with the latest build, an "invisible CS". Not sure how else to describe it. Hunter was caught stealing and it's shown in Neo's layout, but in Kraw's it has the "CS:" section started, but it is empty.

csneokraw8ew.jpg

Not sure what happened here. An earlier game that I ran had a player recorded in the CS section properly.

On a positive note both layouts worked for Willie Harris. He pinch ran, stole a base and scored a run, without having an at bat. Harris was not recorded in the CSV file though.

Also, if you look at Willie Harris' SB, it doesn't have it in the bottom Totals...

Also, if you look at Willie Harris' SB, it doesn't have it in the bottom Totals...

No, it's there. It's the 1 in the column that comes before Hunter's circled CS.

Full files...

Kraw

Neo

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize you were talking about the team totals, should have read a little closer.

Well, I'll be using the most recent version now for sure.

If the first 2 innings are actually the last 2, that's not too bad as it can be copied to the end...I think. Have the actual results of the first 2 innings been overwritten then?

Just looked at the file again, but it doesn't quite match. If the 1st inning is actually the 13th, Michael Coleman would have been up twice in it, being intentionally walked once and singling once, whcih obviously couldn't happen unless the Biscuits batted around, which they didn't.

Confusion abound. :?

Thanks Ty.

Maybe you mistakenly thought he singled, when he was actually intentionally walked. That, or he singled, but the game recorded it as an intentional walk.

The First two innings had to have been overwritten.

csneokraw8ew.jpg

Okay. I found the error here.

I reached a limitation on the number of for loops you can have in a program(a bug in my compiler). So I converted some of the "for loops" into "while loops". But, I forgot to reset the index to 0 before I did the players for the away CS section.

So this has been fixed. I also checked if I made any other mistakes when I converted the loops, but I didn't see any.

well with most normal game boxscores pinch runners, pinch hitters, relief pitchers, defensive subs are all indented. Pinch hitters listed with a letter before them and who they what they did in the pinch hit at-bat and when and runners with a number before them and who the ran for and when.

i.e.

Wells, CF ....

a-Rios, PH ...

1-Hinske, PR

a-grounded out for Wells in the 9th.

1-Rran for Rios in the 9th.

MVPEurope ALDS - BOS@CWS -

My lineup was wrong: Iguchi at spot #2 in the game was read as at #9, B.Anderson was the last at bat but not in the boxscore.

Boston lineup was correct in his order.

Same occurred with other layout

Bottom of 1: Tadahito Iguchi did not complete plate appearance.

For whatever reason, the game messed up with Iguchi's first time at bat. If you look in the bottom of the 1st inning in your game log, you will see that it says he didn't finish the plate appearance. In the game, if you looked at your at-bat history for Iguchi, for his first at-bat it would say "Runner 3rd Out". So it didn't add him to the list of batters until the second time he came up to bat.

I don't know what you mean by B.Anderson was the last at bat. From the look of your game log, Paul Konerko hit a walk-off homerun to end the game.

Just completed first game with latest version and kraw's layout (nice job kraw). It's up here.

Just a few things.

In the fielding section, as you can see, a couple of players, Harvey and Niles for the Mudcats and Lopez and Howard for the Thunder, share the same position. It looks like the program takes their first position from the rosters and uses that for the fielding section, as the batting section correctly shows where they actually played in the game. Also, is it possible to list the players who did play in the field, even if they didn't actually record any chances to make a play?

I liked the section of neojonas' layout that showed the total averages for items, such as team BA, fielding percentage and team ERA in the totals row, but kraw's only has the totals for single items, such as hits and assists etc. Could the averages be added?

Otherwise, really, really nice, yet again. :D

Just completed first game with latest version and kraw's layout (nice job kraw). It's up here.

Just a few things.

In the fielding section, as you can see, a couple of players, Harvey and Niles for the Mudcats and Lopez and Howard for the Thunder, share the same position. It looks like the program takes their first position from the rosters and uses that for the fielding section, as the batting section correctly shows where they actually played in the game. Also, is it possible to list the players who did play in the field, even if they didn't actually record any chances to make a play?

Yeah that's what I did. For players that were defensive substitutions with no plate appearances, that is the best I can do. If the player did bat, I can get their position from the list of batters though.

There's no way I can list the players who played in the field without any total chances. (There's no way to tell whether or not a player played in the field).

I liked the section of neojonas' layout that showed the total averages for items, such as team BA, fielding percentage and team ERA in the totals row, but kraw's only has the totals for single items, such as hits and assists etc. Could the averages be added?

Kraw didn't have those in his sample boxscore, so I didn't put them in.

I can put them in if you like.

Yeah that's what I did. For players that were defensive substitutions with no plate appearances, that is the best I can do. If the player did bat, I can get their position from the list of batters though.

There's no way I can list the players who played in the field without any total chances. (There's no way to tell whether or not a player played in the field).

What about copying the players from the batting order to the fielding section, and just exporting zeros for their fielding stats? Obviously, the player would then have to have an at-bat, but that's pretty likely anyway.

Kraw didn't have those in his sample boxscore, so I didn't put them in.

I can put them in if you like.

What about copying the players from the batting order to the fielding section, and just exporting zeros for their fielding stats? Obviously, the player would then have to have an at-bat, but that's pretty likely anyway.

I can do this for the fielding stats:

Output the first nine batters(except for the DH/pitcher) first. Then do the pitchers. Then anyone else that has an error, assist, or putout.