Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an images file.

What is that supposed to mean?

directory = where you have the boxscore extractor program.

directoryimageslogos

is where the logos should be

directorySTL

is where the boxscores for the Saint Louis Cardinals are created

If you move the files around, you need to either keep the same relative location, or manually edit the htm files so that it looks in the correct place.

If you do not have any files in the imageslogos directory, download the latest version of the program.

everything works great! :D one question though - it looks as though to post a boxscore in the forums you have to make a website for the boxscore? if so, are there sites that will host it for you (i.e., imageshack for pictures)?

There are several sites that offer free websites. geocities.yahoo.com and tripod.com, are two that I can think of.

the program looks great! unfortunately i must be doing something wrong. the box scores look fine but they're the wrong rosters... i play with the jays and against the yankess, i ran your program and the rosters were of detroit and some other team... i searched through most of the pages for an answer but can't seem to find one. please tell me what i'm doing wrong... thanks again for the hard work!

the program looks great! unfortunately i must be doing something wrong. the box scores look fine but they're the wrong rosters... i play with the jays and against the yankess, i ran your program and the rosters were of detroit and some other team... i searched through most of the pages for an answer but can't seem to find one. please tell me what i'm doing wrong... thanks again for the hard work!

You need to run the program before you get back to the dynasty menu.

The best time to run the program is when you're at this screen:

you are probably running the program after you got out of the end of game screen. to do it right: after you finish the game there's a boxscore and quit option (if you're using it for a dynasty). minimize your game and run the extractor. that will extract the boxscore with the right teams and everything. i know this because it just happened to me. i had forgotten to run it after the game ended and i went back to the dynasty main scrren, then i decided to extract the boxscore but i got the giants and another team even though it was Yankees vs. Twins.

hope this helps you solve your dilemma. (i think i spelled that right, lol)

yup, but thanks. all help is appreciated! also, i was just wondering if there was a way that i could use this program to see the players season stats. i know you can with MVPSavReader but i could never get that to work on my computer.. just wondering..

Well, when you use neojonas' (sp?) layout, each column is doubled. One column contains the game stats while the second column features season stats.

As for just seeing season stats...well that would need a separate program, because this simply extracts the values from game scenarios. At least the season stats are in neojonas' layout somewhat.

Hope this answers your question!

when i put the file on a free website site (i've done geocities and tripod) the box score gets thrown off-center and some of the highlighted colors disappear.

any idea why this is happening? i know about as little regarding website stuff as i do about curling - and all i know about curling is it takes place on ice. :D

first off, just wanted to say that this is a great mod. seriously, this is great stuff. the only question i have is if anyone's figured out a way to extract all the box scores from every game during a day? i tried using the team changer thinking i could go game by game but games played at the same time are simmed. anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

first off, just wanted to say that this is a great mod. seriously, this is great stuff. the only question i have is if anyone's figured out a way to extract all the box scores from every game during a day? i tried using the team changer thinking i could go game by game but games played at the same time are simmed. anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

Do you really need to have the box scores for every team?

If you really have to have it, here is what you can do:

At the beginning of the day, go to the schedule, click on the current day on the calendar, and then do view day's games. Make a list of all of the games on there. The games are played in that order.

So, use the team changer so that you control one of the teams for the first game on the list. After that game is finished, run the box score extractor. Then run the team changer to give you control of the next team on the list.

Repeat until you're done with all of the day's games.

Ty, the mod works great ad together with savreader its all the stats freak could only dream of.

Just one thing - could you pleasr help. I've played long game with Nats lately, finished in 14th inning.

Rincon allowed HR in 14th and I lost. But in PC it says 5 BF, but 0 PC.

Play-by play log is also a bit messed. It shows as if the game finished in 13th

Ty, the mod works great ad together with savreader its all the stats freak could only dream of.

Just one thing - could you pleasr help. I've played long game with Nats lately, finished in 14th inning.

Rincon allowed HR in 14th and I lost. But in PC it says 5 BF, but 0 PC.

Play-by play log is also a bit messed. It shows as if the game finished in 13th

I need to do some work on it so that it works better for long games (Over 100 entries in the at-bat history).

I'm working on my .dat importer and exporter right now, so I won't start working on it immediately.

I do have that on my list of things to do, though.

I need to do some work on it so that it works better for long games (Over 100 entries in the at-bat history).

I'm working on my .dat importer and exporter right now, so I won't start working on it immediately.

I do have that on my list of things to do, though.

Thanks ty, good luck

Great work Ty this program is awesome but i have a question does this work with playoff games because i just played a playoff game and it didn't save anything.

The team records start over in the playoffs. So if was your first game of the playoffs, it would get named XXX1.htm, where XXX is your team's initials.

You need to upload the appropriate .css files to your website.

all.css for kraw's layout

boxscore.css for neojonas's layout

boxscorex.css for neojonas's exhibition layout

You can put them all on your website with out any problems.

Can you explain what this means please?