Box Score Extractor

tywiggins

ok well i saw MarkB's issues on crashing but it didn't quite solve my problem...

i play a game and then press alt+tab to minimize out of the game, then i run boxscore extractor just fine and i create the html file without problems..THEN...when i press alt-tab again to return to the game so i can save, i get a black screen, my mouse cursor, and the "mvp2005.exe has had a problem and must close" message. this results in the game crashing and i lose the game i just created the box score with, rendering it useless.

this happens like 40% of the time and i'm gonna try downloading the boxscore extractor again tommorw to see if a later version will fix the problem but any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ty, do you think it's possible to list all the innings up on the top linescore for extra inning games?

I played an 11 inning game and it only shows 3 through 11. I went in the html and added in the missing innings per the game log, so it's not a huge deal (I do that with the "did not complete plate app." that I can remember after the game).

but if it's simple and easy to tweak, it'd be cool.

The entire linescore is in the .csv file, so it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Does anyone else have any feelings one way or the other on this?

Ty

If you build another version, would it be possible to add 4 pitches to the picth count when an IBB is issued?

thanks

Bud

That wouldn't be accurate though. It is possible to have an IBB with any number of pitches. If the count is 3-2, and you choose to intentionally walk the batter, it gets recorded as an IBB.

That wouldn't be accurate though. It is possible to have an IBB with any number of pitches. If the count is 3-2, and you choose to intentionally walk the batter, it gets recorded as an IBB.

I was going to suggest that idea as well, didn't consider this either.

Many times I will intentionally throw the 4 balls myself in order to give a reliever extra time to warmup.

Sigh, more game limitations. :evil:

The entire linescore is in the .csv file, so it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Does anyone else have any feelings one way or the other on this?

Absolutly, sounds good. Although I'm not sure it's entirely necessary, unless you show the last extra inning as one box, with the winning run(s) listed in it.

ie: if a game goes 10 extra innings without runs, it's pretty pointless to list each inning.

On another note, been said many times, what a great program. Gr8 job.

haven't had time to use it that much but I'm sure I will.

My little suggestion/request: In the inning recaps (which are very well done I must say) perhaps list scoring runs:

ex:

Lugo singled, Gomes scored a run from third

or

Lugo singled, scoring a run (shorter)

or

Lugo singled, Gomes scored

and in that process, in the stylesheets, list scoring runs in bold or a different color.. example: Yahoo PBP - NYM @ TOR

here they are listed in green..

Don't know if the csv/boxscore actually keeps track of it, just a suggestion.

I think the game just keeps track of the fact that a run scored, and not necessarily when it scored, so since the program is run after the game, it can only see that a run scored, but doesn't know when.

If only, yet again. :(

snepp, thats what i have been doing i am pretty sure

Then not sure what to say then, alt-tabbing while the 3d engine is initialized is typically what causes the problems, that 2nd chance to view the boxscore is usually ok. Perhaps an updated video driver would help?

i think it might be my game b/c it has happened sometimes when there is a "transition screen" it goes black or something and gives me the message. when i minimize it to extract the boxscore, it works fine, but when i go back, there is a black screen and i get the error...

it might be my install files of the game but i dunno if i wanna reinstall everything!

Hey I want to upload the box score to freewebs but how do I get to not look like this http://www.freewebs.com/yankeexdev/%2D%20N...older/game1.htm

I uploaded the css but I don't know what to do after that

the .css file should not go in the same folder as your htm file.

instead of