Forum upgrade

Trues

I don't see the "View threads since last visit" button anywhere on the front page. That was one of my favorite things about the forums because of its convenience.

I also liked this. It is nice so you dont have to search all the forums to see what you missed. Just wondering about that...

Also I like the new features of the forums.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Karma thing. Not sure what the point of the Smite feature is though.

The Karma number can be like a thanks for helping another poster out. Say a guy comes on with a problem and another helps him fix it. The guy who helps gets Karma for it. It might instill a little more helpfulness around the site or be sort of a reward for a kick **** mod.

Not sure what Smite would be used for.. Maybe someone flaming or spamming? meh.. whatever.

Like Trues said though, its just a number. Nice work - The site is lookin pretty sharp.

Trues, I love it! No more sigs and finally an option to ignore those painfully annoying users/spammers/morons. However, even though there are some people on my ignore list already, I still can see their posts in every thread. Do I have to hit the "ignore" button every time I come accross one of those guys?

everyone that loves me, knows they wanna give a +1 karma... come on guys, you know you wanna....

I think you just became a smite magnet!

Anyway, I think the karma system will add nothing but anger people with low numbers and make everyone with high numbers feel great about themselves.

Oh well, the other additions were obviously great!

I do not post much here at MVPmods, but I think that the community here is great. I have used some other forums that used karma. It did not work. People would say something about how they liked a player or something. Then, someone would give negative karma. I hope that the people here are knowledgeable enough to applaud good/great comments and smite bone headed comments. That will stop a lot of the fighting that has been on other sites.

Once again I would like to pose the question, since I guess no one noticed, and if they did, don't smite me, but when I get an email, and I click on the link to the specific thread, it used to send me to that thread. Now it just sends me to the forum homepage for mvpmods.com. Does anyone else have that problem? Is this in the future plans for fixing?

Archived