Anyone ever feel anti-social?

Kccitystar

I've been like that for the past 5 or 6 years. I'm not a party-person, nor do I like to be around people all day, everyday. I could care less about popularity amongst peers. All I need is a few close friends, and I'm good. But don't get me wrong, I mean, I have my moments where I like to socialize, but majority of the time, I like to be left alone. (I was always told its an "only child" thing, but given the circumstances I was dealt with as a child, living with my grandparents, I often felt like an only child).

I've been like that for the past 5 or 6 years. I'm not a party-person, nor do I like to be around people all day, everyday. I could care less about popularity amongst peers. All I need is a few close friends, and I'm good. But don't get me wrong, I mean, I have my moments where I like to socialize, but majority of the time, I like to be left alone. (I was always told its an "only child" thing, but given the circumstances I was dealt with as a child, living with my grandparents, I often felt like an only child).
im just like you except i got to be around the beautiful women 8-)

I'm really social with people on the bottom, and middle of the totem pole, because I'm not popular, and I'm not a person who nobody knows, I'm in the middle where the "popular kids" ignore me, but everyone else refers to me as their friend. Yes, I'm that guy who every girl likes as a friend but nothing more, lucky me............ I don't like party's either. But I can talk to people for hours. I also have my days where I like to be left alone, everyone does. I only have 1 or 2 friends that are in the "popular" group. But of course in my school it's really wierd. If you're Hispanic, everyone loves you. That's South FLorida for you.

I like to spend time with my close friends, though. I'm at the age where I'm narrowing down the TRUE friends from the associates, and they're like family to me; so I'll definately make time for them always. But now, I just like to stay home and chill. I realized that when I'm away from people, especially around my age, I'm most happiest and relaxed - because there's no drama.

It's funny how when I do my own thing away from everybody, "friends" take great offense to it and act as if I dissed them, or as if I'm all that, or don't have time for them and all that garbage. People just don't understand that I don't care about partying and the "who sleepin' wit who" drama. I don't have time for it. Entertaining? Yes. But something I want to be around? No. But I thank God I had the opportunity to mature early on in life because I'm enjoying where I'm at right now. When you learn how to say no and let go of peeps, the you found the strength to succeed in life.

I agree. I only consider about 5-6 people as my true friends. These are the guys you can always talk to no matter what you got going on. The rest are just people who you can have a decent conversation or a waste an hour or two with.

it's werid with me. i'm problay one of the "names" at my college, as in i'm known in alot of circles at school (the enrollement is only 3000). but i'm not in the party scenes or stuff like that, i decline invites to alot of soical events, i would prefer a smaller group chat where i can get to know a few people more than be around many friends at once (a major reason why i decided to go to a small school instead of a bigger univeristy). i'm not big into gossip like some of the others are.

a perfect date to me is just spending some personal time with the other person outdoors where we can just talk about the envoriment and ourselves, ethier that or watching baseball on tv, playing video games, etc, not in a place with lots of people, i feel so cramped.

so compared to alot of people, i may seem anti-soical in that regard, but i talk to alot of people on campus, but it's more personal, not big and public outings.

also in high school, i was well known, but i was always bullied.

and kc, i think i'm also at a point where i don't just do things becuase everyone else is into it. i do things becuase i like it, not becuase everyone else does. my intrests are mine, not to the group. that's why i'm sometimes considred anti-social, as i follow my own, not them.

I'm in a private school and we only have 10 boys in our grade (including me). They're all really immature for their age and always have been so I've always been around the girls. I know they're all going through a phase but I absolutely hate being seen with them. They all talk about sex and make jokes and hit each other and all that crap. I'm pretty anti-social, but I do like having a few close friends when I go to parties and stuff.

-dan

I'm like you, thats why I am on this site. I thought you had a brother though?

What you guys are describing is that you're being "asocial". Anti-social is when you're engaging in criminal activity, also known as sociopathic personality or behavior, also when you refer to people as "sucking" (j/k kraw).

I'm really social with people on the bottom, and middle of the totem pole, because I'm not popular, and I'm not a person who nobody knows, I'm in the middle where the "popular kids" ignore me, but everyone else refers to me as their friend. Yes, I'm that guy who every girl likes as a friend but nothing more, lucky me............ I don't like party's either. But I can talk to people for hours. I also have my days where I like to be left alone, everyone does. I only have 1 or 2 friends that are in the "popular" group. But of course in my school it's really wierd. If you're Hispanic, everyone loves you. That's South FLorida for you.

Im just like that kennyess, dont worry KC its just a phase,i went thorugh it when i was in 5th grade but i went through it and now im a very sociable person

Ok, so this thread tells me it is not just me. It is not just me. It is not just me. I'll stop repeating this to myself every weekend when I get this strange feeling to not be aroudn anyone. Incuding my crazy family. :gape: :stone: :tusk: :starwars: :hammer: :axe:

Ok, so this thread tells me it is not just me. It is not just me. It is not just me. I'll stop repeating this to myself every weekend when I get this strange feeling to not be aroudn anyone. Incuding my crazy family. :gape: :stone: :tusk: :starwars: :hammer: :axe:

my family is the same way man, i know what you mean.

Archived