New Screen That Opens Game

ChicagoCubs720

ok, so I was navigating to the MVP 2005 folder today to test something when I accidently clicked on the MVP 2004 folder. I noticed two files named the same as the files on the MVP 2005 CD, 00000000.256 and 00000000.016. I thought what if I extracted those two files from the MVP 05 CD and renamed them to .BMP, edit them, and place them in the main MVP 05 folder. So I tried it, I renamed them to .BMP and they opened in MS Paint. I just took the paint tool and drew some random red lines on both of them and saved them. I renamed them back to .016 and .256 files and put them in the MAIN MVP 2005 folder. I opened the game and got this:

testgoodah4.png

the .256 file has more color information than the .016 file, so unless you have a computer without any kind of video acceleration (you wouldn't be playing MVP anyways), all you would need is the .256 file.

Kraw, you're probably going to kill me after reading this, since you went through and made that long tutorial with .iso files and whatnot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, so I was navigating to the MVP 2005 folder today to test something when I accidently clicked on the MVP 2004 folder. I noticed two files named the same as the files on the MVP 2005 CD, 00000000.256 and 00000000.016. I thought what if I extracted those two files from the MVP 05 CD and renamed them to .BMP, edit them, and place them in the main MVP 05 folder. So I tried it, I renamed them to .BMP and they opened in MS Paint. I just took the paint tool and drew some random red lines on both of them and saved them. I renamed them back to .016 and .256 files and put them in the MAIN MVP 2005 folder. I opened the game and got this:
How did you rename them back to .016?

yeah, nevermind it does work. i was using the wrong file. oops.

abc0006...

open up any folder on your computer. go to Tools>Folder Options>View. Under Advanced settings, uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types". hit OK. this will show the extensions of each file. now replace the "bmp" after the period with "256" or "016" as needed. a prompt box will ask you if you're sure you wanna change the extension. hit Yes. that should be it. i would also change the setting back so that it hides the extensions when you're done. if i were you of course.

yeah, nevermind it does work. i was using the wrong file. oops.

abc0006...

open up any folder on your computer. go to Tools>Folder Options>View. Under Advanced settings, uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types". hit OK. this will show the extensions of each file. now replace the "bmp" after the period with "256" or "016" as needed. a prompt box will ask you if you're sure you wanna change the extension. hit Yes. that should be it. i would also change the setting back so that it hides the extensions when you're done. if i were you of course.

Yes! Thanks so much!

I'm sorry guys I wasn't very detailed when I explained how to do this, I was just so excited I figured this out. Do you guys still want some kind of tutorial?

Also, do you guys have any links to some good sites for high res MLB photos? I can't use cbs sportsline right now because it doesn't have any in-season photos.

Archived