New Screen That Opens Game

ChicagoCubs720

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, something wierd: Before, I tried it, I renamed it and everything, and it worked. Then, I did another one, renamed it accordingly, but instead of it coming up, only a tiny white square comes up. And I don't think I've renamed anything wrong or anything either...

also, the icon on the bar is the default program icon. Was it always like this? I just forget...

I'm sorry guys I wasn't very detailed when I explained how to do this, I was just so excited I figured this out. Do you guys still want some kind of tutorial?

Also, do you guys have any links to some good sites for high res MLB photos? I can't use cbs sportsline right now because it doesn't have any in-season photos.

Whenever you have the chance, I'd really appreciate it. When it comes to stuff like this (computer), I need it explained in a fairly basic manner. :chin:

Ok, something wierd: Before, I tried it, I renamed it and everything, and it worked. Then, I did another one, renamed it accordingly, but instead of it coming up, only a tiny white square comes up. And I don't think I've renamed anything wrong or anything either...

also, the icon on the bar is the default program icon. Was it always like this? I just forget...

the bmp must be in 256 colors (that's probably why it is named 00000000.256)

For those who weren't following like me, it must be from a bmp. If you have a jpeg or png, open it up in paint, and re-save it as a 24-bit bmp. I tried it with the Burns 3rd base coach image, and it worked on the 2nd time, un-jpegified. In bmp form, it works and now I'm using the really nice Johan Santana one that was made on the last page.

How come http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3722.html doesn't come up as a loading screen for me? I just don't have a splash screen of clemens anymore...no splash screen at all...
Yeah, sorry about that. It seems a bit of a mystery to me myself. I had that problem before, but then I just did it again, and it worked. Here's what you should try:

-Take the preview pic of your choice, and open it in something like paint.

-"Save as..." as a bitmap (.bmp), preferably 24 bit, for better quality.

-If you're using Windows Explorer, go to Tools > Folder Options > View, and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

Then rename the .bmp (the whole thing, extension too) as: 00000000.256

-Put it in your mvp 05 folder. See if that works.

Archived