NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

2k6 did have a large learning curve, but u get used to it; however I feel as though in adopting a more technical control scheme they simply achieved a depth equal to it's predecessors anyway. but at least the scheme will work better now.

did inside edge ever help any at batting?

even worse its statistical nature is so random i feel as if it's hard to win a game no matter what (not i don't have baserunning down yet), not to mention hard to get any achievements for the 360, let alone be in an appropriate situation for it. i loves me some achievements

does 2k7 have 25 man AAA-A rosters?

will it have InsideEdge?

the achievements were easy on 360 except the robbing the homerun achievement. I got 15 easy strikeouts wit Mussina's Knuckleball and i scored 20 runs with the all tar team and Stealing bases is the easiest of all cuz if you have a speed rating over 75 then you basically run like ichiro

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at people getting mad at me for being skeptical about this game.

Hah, wow. You call that getting mad at you? We're both skeptical. Hell, I bought the MLB2K6 game last year so I know how disgusting it was.

Yes, I'm disappointed at the fact that they didn't TRASH the WHOLE goddamn engine. But in retrospect, there are elements of 2k6 that showed promise from a conceptual standpoint. The game IS fixable. And I'm giving them a chance before I play it.

Stop being a grumpy gary.

Hah, wow. You call that getting mad at you? We're both skeptical. Hell, I bought the MLB2K6 game last year so I know how disgusting it was.

Yes, I'm disappointed at the fact that they didn't TRASH the WHOLE goddamn engine. But in retrospect, there are elements of 2k6 that showed promise from a conceptual standpoint. The game IS fixable. And I'm giving them a chance before I play it.

Stop being a grumpy gary.

I'm disappointed at people who were disappointed about overhauling a gaming engine. If they were to really overhaul the entire engine it would take years, look at how long it took to overhaul Triple Play and create the Chuck Norris-approved video game of MVP Baseball. Mark my words, there are a seperate group of top developers helping create a solid new engine for future MLB 2K* versions right now. Guarantee it. If 2K8 is going to be the epic game that Brinkman says it will, they'll start now.

I mean I only have one question about this game. If it tanks and 2K loses its exclusive license, what does that mean for the MVP team? Will Brinkman's absence reflect on the quality of the next MLB game from EA?

Would EA welcome Brinkman back? Who knows.

MLB 2K6 seemed to have the solid engine to work, but lacked any fine tuning ... hell, even the best automobile engines only work moderately well when they aren't correctly tuned ... plain and simple, if Brinkman came in and did what has been stated he would have cleaned up the majority of the issues with 2K6 and that means that 2K7 could be expected to perform very well

in evaluating the animations and player movement from gameplay vids it looks as though things are running smoother, which means gameplay should be vastly improved right there ... the real questions lie however in whether or not the dynamic statistical engine in the game will generate true to life numbers over the course of a year, month, game ... because you can play a pretty game of baseball, but if at the end of the year no pitcher hits 200 IP, 200K, or 100BB then something is ascue ... so I am crossing my fingers in this regard

I admit, I AM looking forward to this game.

But I was conned last year into buying that garbage when it came out. And after it sucked I couldn't get my money back, and settled for trading it in for less than half of what I payed.

I'll be damned if I am going to hype up the game this year and anyone who buys it on release risks making a huge mistake.

I haven't heard too many people calling this game the best thing since sliced bread

what it does look like however, is a refined baseball game up to the standards of next-gen video gaming

a lot remains to be seen and I am always a skeptic until I can lay my hands on a game for a few days and give it a run

with that said, I think all of us hear are very excited about the POSSIBILITY that this game might take a huge step towards the type of baseball game a lot of hardcore fans (like those that populate this site) have always wanted ...

I haven't heard too many people calling this game the best thing since sliced bread

what it does look like however, is a refined baseball game up to the standards of next-gen video gaming

a lot remains to be seen and I am always a skeptic until I can lay my hands on a game for a few days and give it a run

with that said, I think all of us hear are very excited about the POSSIBILITY that this game might take a huge step towards the type of baseball game a lot of hardcore fans (like those that populate this site) have always wanted ...

Have you read the thread? Plenty of people are praising this game and preordering it.

2KSports doesn't deserve that treatment. It should sell 0 copies until the game is battle tested and approved.

Have you read the thread? Pleanty of people are praising this game and preordering it.

2KSports doesn't deserve that treatment. It should sell 0 copies until the game is battle tested and approved.

read every word of the thread buddy ... I see a lot of praise being offered, but not many people whole-heartedly endorsing it ... read more carefully, perhaps you would notice that most people are praising progress that they see, a specific feature or improvement ... yes a few people offer blind endorsement, but the vast majority show solid optimism ...

btw, if the game sold 0 copies it would be hard to be "battle-tested" ... just my two cents

read every word of the thread buddy ... I see a lot of praise being offered, but not many people whole-heartedly endorsing it ... read more carefully, perhaps you would notice that most people are praising progress that they see, a specific feature or improvement ... yes a few people offer blind endorsement, but the vast majority show solid optimism ...

btw, if the game sold 0 copies it would be hard to be "battle-tested" ... just my two cents

It will be battle tested when the gaming sites like gamespot review the game.

It will be battle tested when the gaming sites like gamespot review the game.

no disrespect to the hard working guys at gamespot, ign, or elsewhere ... but they don't test for all of us ... they do a fine job of bringing to lite the obvious stuff, but for a lot of hardcore gamers they answer next to no questions

I will be following their previews intently for info ... I am sure I will read thier review ... but most likely I will end up with my own copy and make my call there ... Ben Brinkman coming on-board gives me enough optimism (short of any really bad news coming along) to give this game a shot ...

no disrespect to the hard working guys at gamespot, ign, or elsewhere ... but they don't test for all of us ... they do a fine job of bringing to lite the obvious stuff, but for a lot of hardcore gamers they answer next to no questions

I will be following their previews intently for info ... I am sure I will read thier review ... but most likely I will end up with my own copy and make my call there ... Ben Brinkman coming on-board gives me enough optimism (short of any really bad news coming along) to give this game a shot ...

Gamespot also shows reviews of random folks who have bought the game.

When I see 10 reviews of "1.0! This game sucks! I want my money back!"

It tells me something.

That new footage dated Jan.25 is for the PS3. I can see quite a difference in the graphic quality of that vs the 360 vids I have seen...the 360 being much better. The PS3 looked like PS2 quality. What do you guys think?

I think it's the end of days for the Playstation :toothless:

That new footage dated Jan.25 is for the PS3. I can see quite a difference in the graphic quality of that vs the 360 vids I have seen...the 360 being much better. The PS3 looked like PS2 quality. What do you guys think?
Yea Ign has stated that the 360 has better hraphics ill find the article......... and here we go

http://sports.ign.com/articles/757/757962p2.html

yeah, the graphics aren't as pretty ... that will be the case for at least another year on the PS3 ... it's unfortunate, but true ... however, after a year many developers should get the hang of things on the PS3 and then the more powerful system should shine

My understanding is the only things the PS3 has on the 360 is a stronger Main CPU, hard drive storage capacity, and more DVD(Blue Ray) capacity. Other than that, the 360 has the edge(better subsystem, RAM, and Graphic chip) and is much easier to write for, thus the better games and better 3rd party support. Time will tell on that, but it makes sense.

Archived