NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everybody think about the "clutch" ranking? I don't really like it because it's taking the game out of the user's hands to some extent. For example, if the user perfectly timed a hit and it ended up being an out just because of someone's low "clutch" ranking. I know that would get me furious.

What does everybody think about the "clutch" ranking? I don't really like it because it's taking the game out of the user's hands to some extent. For example, if the user perfectly timed a hit and it ended up being an out just because of someone's low "clutch" ranking. I know that would get me furious.

The irony in this post with your username

Gamedaily says that the PS3 version of MLB 2K7 is inferior to the X360 version.

http://www.gamedaily.com/major-league-base...articleID=41135

Last year's Major League Baseball 2K6 played like an average team desperately clinging onto a final playoff spot. It offered plenty of exciting moments, but other (and better) sports video games brushed it aside. Although GameDaily received preview code (not suitable for review), the Xbox 360 version looks much better than its cell processor powered PlayStation 3 counterpart.

For whatever reason, the PlayStation 3 MLB 2K7 lacks polish. The foreground looks sharp, displaying the finest of details on pitchers and batters, but the background blurs, obscuring the ugly fans, the stadiums and outfield/infielders. Even the 2K Sports blimp that appears during the beginning of games moves slowly, its propellers slowly turning.

The Xbox 360 version, on the other hand, looks amazing. All of the players resemble their real life counterparts, right down to body build (fat guys, represent) and little details, such as signature wristbands and shin guards.

...2K Sports releases Major League Baseball 2K7 February 26, so look for GameDaily's review next week. However, based on the Xbox 360 preview code, expect a high score. PS3, on the other hand, may not receive the same praise.

This isn't good for a system which came out a year later and a couple hundred bucks more to have vastly inferior 3rd party games.

Gamedaily says that the PS3 version of MLB 2K7 is inferior to the X360 version.

http://www.gamedaily.com/major-league-base...articleID=41135

This isn't good for a system which came out a year later and a couple hundred bucks more to have vastly inferior 3rd party games.

This seems fishy.....by the way it's worded it sounds like a Xbox fanboy wrote this out. And "Even the 2K Sports blimp that appears during the beginning of games moves slowly, its propellers slowly turning."..........WTF!!! If they're digging this deep for graphical differences you know something has to be up.

How is A-Rod's clutch at 65? A walkoff homer, plenty of game tying and go ahead home runs, looks like they read the newspapers instead of actual games or stats for that one.

His actual stats like 1-for-14 in the 2006 postseason ;)

65 seems a fair rating given how markedly different his 'clutch' stats were in the regular and post-season.

Not that I care anyway since I found out this damn game doesn't have a proper minor league system.

And this is supposedly "next generation gaming"....

His actual stats like 1-for-14 in the 2006 postseason ;)

65 seems a fair rating given how markedly different his 'clutch' stats were in the regular and post-season.

Not that I care anyway since I found out this damn game doesn't have a proper minor league system.

And this is supposedly "next generation gaming"....

yea 65 is good enough i hope he wasnt expecting somethign in the 80s

I'm so pumped for this game. I have been watching the Yankees and Mets videos over and over. I can't get over how good they look.
After watchin the video i got less impressed. Matsuis batting stance was basically Abreus which thye both have not even the same or close to the same stance, When the Mets were comming back the crowd got into it awfully, when he alou was stretching for the double he got out but the crowd didnt AWWWWW they were still cheering. IM just gonna rent this game i can predict a 7.9-8.3 from gamespot

I wasn't impressed at all by that video. Reyes' swing looked ridiculous; it was all arms. Glavine, who probably has the smoothest delivery in all of baseball, has a herky jerky delivery in the game. Wang's windup looked decent. MVP's Jeter stance was way more realistic than 2K7. Also, Reyes has huge chunky legs in the game. Not impressive at all. It just looks like a slightly better looking 2k6.

It sounds like there are 2 people in the stadium. I wish a game could get crowd noise right. It would really add to the atmosphere. I also wish they could make the seats in Shea Stadium the actual colors that they are, instead of just all orange. Someone got lazy. The animations seem a little shoddy too. Is it just me, or after that game was over, were the Mets fans jumping in jubilation while the Yankee players were giving each other high fives?

Archived