NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. So tomorrow at lunch I buy the game. It sits while I wait for that lame store to open on Thursday(only open 4 days a week) and tell them they packaged their 'display' 360 with the wrong adapter cords. Hopefully they give me a free game for having to drive back down there. (Toronto)

Then I come home, play!!!!!!! :) Seriously, I haven't been this excited since the awaiting of MVP 2005!

Downloaded in about an hour, works great except for a few flaws...

while playing Paul LoDuca who was catching at the time ran back to catch a foul pop and got injured. When the cut scene came in for him he was magically not wearing any catching gear or catchers helmet.

also with the bases loaded pujols hit a shallow pop into center that barely dropped in, no one moved b/c they thought it may have been caught. Well it wasn't and Beltran picked it up on one hop and threw a rocket to home that beat the runner, and the catcher tagged the plate for the force out....except the game didn't count it as a force out and then my catcher got ran over, dropped the ball, and the run counted for the Cardinals....ridiculous.

you can't really see ground balls for crap, and I'm playing on a 58" tv.

Downloaded in about an hour, works great except for a few flaws...

while playing Paul LoDuca who was catching at the time ran back to catch a foul pop and got injured. When the cut scene came in for him he was magically not wearing any catching gear or catchers helmet.

also with the bases loaded pujols hit a shallow pop into center that barely dropped in, no one moved b/c they thought it may have been caught. Well it wasn't and Beltran picked it up on one hop and threw a rocket to home that beat the runner, and the catcher tagged the plate for the force out....except the game didn't count it as a force out and then my catcher got ran over, dropped the ball, and the run counted for the Cardinals....ridiculous.

you can't really see ground balls for crap, and I'm playing on a 58" tv.

1) I've noticed a few weird things with cut scenes too, but since I normally turn them off, I don't care much.

2) Idiotic commentary. I've played the 3 damn innings about 10-12 times already... and have heard a few "huh?" things, but this one takes the crown:

I'm playing with the Mets and have hit a couple of back-to-back hits after the leading off hitter was walked, so now I have the bases loaded, all of this against StL's B. Looper. Well, I bring Cliff Floyd as a PH and after two pitches, I hit a GRAND SLAM. After Floyd rounds the bases, a cut scene of LaRussa walking to the mouth comes up, and then, when the game goes back to the normal pitching view, Joe Morgan burps this out "well, it still looks like he's a fresh arm, so if I was the Manager, I'd let him face a couple extra hitters".

WTF??? A walk, a couple of back-to-back singles and then a GRAND SLAM and you still want to leave his butt in the game to continue pitching??? :yernuts:

3) I agree with how difficult is to follow the ball when it has been hit (I'm playing on a 50" 1080p DLP).

well Looks like another year of Mvp 2005 with mods this game blows still. It seems the graphics got little better but rest still sucks. There is a lot more flicker this year and the lighting seems to over done. Hitting is a lot easier I will say though. Still have to decide if to swing or not way to early. I have only played 3 game of those 3 innings but man I sure hope ea buys 2k sports and uses them wisely. If they did buy 2k hope that they keep the nba 2k7 team and trash the live 07 team. I had a dam buckner play in the bottom of the 9th I was leading with 1 out they were batting and a simple liner to the shortstop went right thru his legs and they score 2 runs to win the game.

Got the demo for 360 this afternoon and played 5 or 6 games. Starts in the 7th inning Cards at Mets 7th game of playoff series, night game.

Playing on a 42" LCD HDTV at 1080i downconverted to 1366x768 through Component imputs. That is max res on the TV.

First of all, the game doesnt look as clean and hi-res as the pics lead me to believe. I honestly believe MVP07 looks better at the same res. There are alot of cool animations and the overall presentation adds a more compelling experience than MVP, at least on the surface.

I like the pitching quite a bit. Bottom line is, it is different and it works. As for batting, it needs a better camera, as it is too close or the game just lacks frames of animation to make the pitch more readable, but MVP is better here due to the view. However, I like the right analog stick action for hitting. It feels better. I tried the button swing and it didnt feel right at all compared to MVP.

Defensively, the game really lacks. The player control is very weak. It is way too sensitive with too much momentum in the player physics. Throw in the very weak outfield camera and MVP blows it away here. I do love the quick cutoff and relay throw though. I wish MVP had that.

I do prefer to play MVP with the computer making the defensive plays and me telling the player where to throw the ball. I control cuts too. This way the "real" player plays D according to his parameters in the game. It makes for a more realistic game. I control everything else though on defense and offense. In 2k7, there doesnt appear to be an option for auto fielding. This is a mistake and more so due to the lousy fielding cameras. 2K needs to patch this into the game. If you dont choose a controller before the game, the teams will play CPU vs CPU, so the AI is there to do this.

The game really lacks for me due to the lack of camera options. Hopefully that is only in the demo or can be tweaked in a later patch, because it really kills the outfield play with the lousy player control.

Infield action and views are better, but player control still takes some getting used to and needs to be less sensitive. Basically, it feels like all or nothing with the analog stick, as does the pitch aiming control. It needs to be less twitchy. It has a digital instead of analog feel to it.

Some things that I like. Turning two looks great and the cameras switch to a TV perspective at 1B. I like the cutoff system. I hit a line drive that bounced off the pitcher to the First Baseman, who took it to the bag. The pitcher was pulled right then, but it did not state it was an injury. The roster/lineup screen it outstanding, stats are good. Lots of tweakability with the sliders. One thing I always wished MVP had was separate sliders for outfielder and infielder arms. 2k7 does. But the outfield seems too small in depth and throws get into the infield too quickly. Maybe it's the camera perspective, but MVP does it right with the field dimensions. You can control the slides of runners like MVP. The Instant Replay options are very good.

I do not like when the game blurs the background at certain times. It takes away from the whole stadium look, but makes the players look better than when it is a normal unblurred view.

Overall, based on the demo, the novelty will wear off very soon for me I think. The presentation is really well done, but the game has some dealbreakers as it is for me, unless the full version fixes some of the negatives.

For me the graphics didnt pop like I thought they would, but maybe that will change with the different lighting and stadiums. We will see. I couldnt help thinking that 2k7 reminded me of how MVP looks at 800x600 on my computer. The uniforms, cyberfaces, and stadiums didnt look as clean as MVP07 at 1366x768 widescreen. Maybe next year, they will combine the good things of MVP with the presentation and positives of 2k7. I have both NBA/NHL 2k7 and they look outstanding through the 360 on this TV.

I think I have gotten too spoiled with MVP and its tweakability to raise its game of baseball to a very high level.

The things that annoy me about MLB 2k7 (I got the game) are those stupid generated portraits, the fielding is dreadful, the minor leagues are dreadful, the stadiums (field, the outdoors view of Shea looks actually real and the cutscenes too), and some of it's pitching deliveries. The commentary is dreadful, I'd rather listen to Duane Kiper and the other old bat. The more time Brinkman has, the better chance we get to see the next MVP. (I hope)

Was at a friends house. Can someone tell me why the !@#$%%& I'm getting so much pixelation? I was playing on a 1080i 50 inch samsung screen,and for some reason it just doesn't look as nice as in the video. I wanna know why the hell not? Were they using a full HD 1080P TV?

Anyway, my friend let me borrow his 360 and on my HD Toshiba 23 LCD Screen it looks cleaner WTF?

So I guess you can't go too big?

And can someone tell me who's graphics are better? Play Station 3 uses Bluray. X-box 360 uses a simulated HD for gaming. So who wins?

Also, it looks like just about everyone on here is not happy with this new game? Very surprised to hear that one!

Honestly, for realism the 2k7 is perfect. The HUGE disappointment was in the graphics. In the video, it looked so damn real! It DOES NOT look like that at all.

Still however, I think MVP 2004, 2005 is and will always be too arcady and I just can't seem to like it. It's just not realistic enough. (And I'm not at all talking about graphics) I don't like how in like 10-30 freaking seconds you can retire the side! And I was using Armando Benitez for that. That's impossible, he sucks! Haven't installed the 07 mod yet so I don't know if it's that much better or not. I'm very picky. Why do I play MVP? Cause it's the only game out there for PC.

My last baseball game I fell in love with was the latest 989 Sports, no bells or whistles, just hardcore baseball without all the arcade gimmicks. I don't think we will ever see that again.

So is 2k7 better than MVP? Yes, it is. But come on, that's like comparing Marilyn Monroe with Anna Nicole Smith.

Vanbascos,

Bluray enables more storage capability than HD-DVD. That's all. 360 uses standard DVD for gaming. It has much less capacity.

But, there is no "simulated HD". Dont know where you got that from. It is or it isnt. You have to have a display that can do a full 1080P or it will downconvert to a lower resolution and unless you have a 50" or larger display, you will not see the difference between 1080P and 1080i in most of todays displays. Both the PS3 and the 360 do 1080P in gaming and in HD movies. The 360 only did 1080i initially until they updated the firmware, and yes Component imputs can do 1080P. The main issue is copy protection down the road for 1080P analog imputs.

Larger TVs will always show more abnormalaties than smaller displays. That's why HD was developed, for larger TVs. It's all about the amount of pixels. The bigger the screen the more pixels are needed to keep up. Standard Def DVDs look great on smaller screens but without being upconverted, they look weak on large screens. Thus, HD-DVD and Bluray.

MVP is as hardcore as there is currently. You need to do some serious adjustments with your sliders, datafile, etc if you are not getting that. 2k7 has some good realistic elements, but fall short so far, instead shooting for an outstanding presentation over gameplay. 2k7 is a solid game to watch AI vs AI, but lacks control and viewing options that really hamper the user. Hopefully these can be patched this year, but I am guessing it will be another wait till next season, knowing what could have been.

Graphics do lack the quality they had in the pics. But I notice they seem to sharpen up on individual players when the camera zooms in and blurs the background. The brightness level on white players seems to be too much also. Maybe this will change with different times of day/night and stadiums too. Hope so.

wow i wet my pants when i played this game. This game is beautiful i didnt see anything wrong witht he graphics they improved a lot and i mean a lot.one thing that does bother me is that the crowd isnt loud enough. I hit a Walk off HR with Jose Reyes in the bottom of the 10th and the crowd got loud but wasnt loud enough and they only got loud for like 5 seconds. Thats the only thing i really saw wrong in this demo also a lot of batter i noticed have the same batting style its really anoying when you see like 3 in a row having the same batting stance. Im not saying the game is bad though im deffintly gonna buy this when i get payed this week along with Def Jam Icon. My god this baseball game is so beautiful*claps for 2k and Ben AKA Sylar(only would understand if you watched the show heroes)*

Well, after picking up my copy earlier today, I've played 3 full games so far... and I'm really digging the game. Lost the first two, 26-6 (OUCH!) and 9-1, respectively, and won the third one 8-6.

Fielding gets a little easier once you've played the game a bit more, but still, it isn't perfect.

Now, what we really need now is... new rosters AND... SLIDERS!!! the CPU murdered my pitchers. Almost every other fly ball hit to the OF ended up a HR. On my first game, the Braves hit a total of 10 HRs off of my staff (yeah, I know, it's the Reds, but still :roll: )... and heck, I hit 4 on my own, including 2 by Ryan Freel!!! Btw, I was playing in All-Star difficulty, so that tells you how out of whack the 'defaul' settings are.

I'll mess around with the settings tonight, but I definitely will look forward some of you guys who pick up the game posting your settings.

wow i wet my pants when i played this game. This game is beautiful i didnt see anything wrong witht he graphics they improved a lot and i mean a lot.one thing that does bother me is that the crowd isnt loud enough. I hit a Walk off HR with Jose Reyes in the bottom of the 10th and the crowd got loud but wasnt loud enough and they only got loud for like 5 seconds. Thats the only thing i really saw wrong in this demo also a lot of batter i noticed have the same batting style its really anoying when you see like 3 in a row having the same batting stance. Im not saying the game is bad though im deffintly gonna buy this when i get payed this week along with Def Jam Icon. My god this baseball game is so beautiful*claps for 2k and Ben AKA Sylar(only would understand if you watched the show heroes)*

was this on 360 or PS3

Probably - they have replacements with different names on their team. 2K can't put in anybody who has not played a single major league game, as I think you have to have to be a member of the MLBPA. It's the same reason why they don't have minor leaguers' names in there I think.

WTF!! F this game man, 2k can suck a (you know what)!

What's so "WTF!!!" about it? dated rosters isn't anything new in sports videogaming... don't be a :binkybaby: .

Probably - they have replacements with different names on their team. 2K can't put in anybody who has not played a single major league game, as I think you have to have to be a member of the MLBPA. It's the same reason why they don't have minor leaguers' names in there I think.

You hit the nail on the head.

Archived