NEW Videos of MLB2K7 in action from CES!

Fatalah

Ok, after playing the demo and liking some aspects but not others, I went out on a limb and bought the game, hoping the full version would be better than the demo.

Sure enough, as soon as I put the game in the 360, it installed an overall game update(not rosters). The rosters I downloaded once in the game. Didnt check for all the players that were listed missing previously though.

The pitching to me is the best so far. There is one pitching mode where you have to account for the ball movement of the pitch and that will vary pitch to pitch and player to player. Zito's curveball you have to initially aim it at the top of the strikezone so it wont end up too low! This really adds to the pitching realism.

Batting wise, I am getting used to it now and the view which you can zoom in and out. The bat sound hitting the ball sounds like crap though. Also, doesnt seem to be nearly as many batted ball outcomes/lanes as MVP, but nice selection of bloop hits, balls in the gaps, down the lines, off the walls, and HRs.

Fielding wise, infield play is fine, just dont over-react or you will miss the ball. The feel of fielding feels better than the demo. Not as sensitive. Throwing the ball works well. Nice doubleplays, balls in the SS/3B hole, etc. I saw a nice play on a bouncing ball that just got by the 3Bman in the hole and the SS made the backhand play, planted and threw the batter out at First. Nice easy tosses and ball transfers on DPs at 2B and also at 1B from 1Bman to Pitcher.

Outfield play is the biggest weakness in the game, due to semi-weak control and ONE lousy camera view. It feels better than the demo, again not as sensitive, but the camera view doesnt allow you to view the outfield and stadium the way you would like and there is not another option. What a bad decision from 2K. Throw us a better view for outfield play in an update. Give us a option at least! The outfield feels too small compared to MVP and the balls thrown in to the infield get there too quick, making the outfield dimensions feel smaller than they should. However, there are some nice plays and animations in the field, including beautiful robbing of HR catches and near misses.

Baserunning works pretty good from what I can see, so far. Still making the adjustment from MVP to 2K. You can control your slides like MVP, too.

Presentation is off the charts. It really grabs you and fills in the gaps that MVP lacks.

Bottom line: Overall gameplay doesnt feel quite as realistic as MVP07 in some areas, but it is alot of fun and draws you in making for a nice alternative to MVP. Being a picky baseball gamer, I think they complement each other quite well and I will play both.

Here are some unlockable codes for the 360 version:

Derek Jeter - Unlock Everything

Game On - Unlock All Extras

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How accurate are the rosters that you downloded from xbox live?

The rosters are accuate to about a week ago. However, in the newest roster update they messed up the salaries (everyone is making 10% of their real salary). The salaries are fine on the default rosters and if you caught the first update though. They said they're aware of the salaries and will be releasing a new update to fix that and then another update to match Opening Day rosters.

Have they added nonmlbpa players like bonds. and have they added all the new foriegn players like Igawa and Matsuzaka.
they have been in the game they just cant use there names.Since your a Yankees fan you can change phil hughes name to Phil Hughes and same with Eric Duncan and Josh Phelps. You can Change Tabata first name only because they have Jose but they dont have Tabata so i just named him Jose Tejada.I gave Igawa the last name of Ibarra dont rmember the first, but if your just worrying about Hughes and Duncan dont worry you can give them there original names

Hey, I notice that a whole bunch of folks are XBOX360 users in here, and I am getting one and I was wondering how the XBOX Live thing worked, cause I was a PS2 user before and I want to download the roster updates for it. Do they give afree trial membership when you buy the Pro version of the system? Thanks to all and to all a good night :p

Hey, I notice that a whole bunch of folks are XBOX360 users in here, and I am getting one and I was wondering how the XBOX Live thing worked, cause I was a PS2 user before and I want to download the roster updates for it. Do they give afree trial membership when you buy the Pro version of the system? Thanks to all and to all a good night :p
if you buy the green or white xbox you can still get a 1 month free gold account so you can have the updated rosters.

Have they added nonmlbpa players like bonds. and have they added all the new foriegn players like Igawa and Matsuzaka.

No. They can't put players in the game that are not members of the MLBPA. No games has Bonds as Bonds. But they have replacement players with different names but real attributes. You can edit them yourself and give them their real names.

they have been in the game they just cant use there names.Since your a Yankees fan you can change phil hughes name to Phil Hughes and same with Eric Duncan and Josh Phelps. You can Change Tabata first name only because they have Jose but they dont have Tabata so i just named him Jose Tejada.I gave Igawa the last name of Ibarra dont rmember the first, but if your just worrying about Hughes and Duncan dont worry you can give them there original names

What does this mean? You can enter any name you want. Why would you chose to rename them to something that's still wrong?

Hmmm, thanks, and it's $50 a year for the package? What kinda connection do I need to haveto hook up to the back of the box?

I sound very noobish, but I'm just new to the Microsnot gaming scene.

The usual network connection. I just plug my computer cable from my modem to my XBox when I play. I dont have a router to do both at the same time.

As for the XBox Live service, they have the Silver and Gold service. The Silver is free and allows you to download free stuff, demos, patches, etc, but not play online. The Gold allows you to do everything. You do get a free month when you buy your system of the Gold to check it out.

$50 is the standard Gold price, but I have seen Circuit City have it at $40 a few times over the last few months. Seems like about once a month it goes on sale. That is the 12 months plus one free month card, so for $40 you get a 13 month card. Just over $3 a month. Plus your one free month with the system. Not a bad deal for a great online service.

Does anyone have problems with doing a check swing using the swingstick on the 360 controller?

The check swing is "almost" non-existent or should I say unusable. It doesn't work at all like MVP unfortunately. I have had only one check swing work correctly and that was with the classic swing(button swing) in many games. With the Swing stick you have to hit the RT button to check your swing. I dont see that working very well. I will have to concentrate on it to see if it is realistically doable.

One of the reason it's tough to check your swing is the ball gets in on you too quick it seems compared to MVP, so you dont have enough time to really make swing adjustments very well, nor determine the break/location as easy.

What does this mean? You can enter any name you want. Why would you chose to rename them to something that's still wrong?

Umm you can change some of the fake players names to thier real names since the name is on the list of Names the announcers would say instead of just their number

OK, glad to say that I got 2k7, and a 360 (damn, it ripped apart my bank account, but I must say, it's worth it) and I was wondering if anyone else had trouble check-swinging. I'm on classic hitting, so no swing stick for me, (maybe I will switch to it sooner or later).

Archived