MVP Commentators

weasel1238

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was working on HH, I did a Mel Allen sound file with Ernie Harwell doing commentary. That game only had about 3500 sound bits and it took me half a year. I still have the wave files on my server catalogued and everything. Seeing as I'm originally from Los Angeles, a three man booth with Scully, Mel Allen, and Ernie Harwell would be a mod for the ages. Can somebody confirm which game Vin was on? I'll f@#$ing work on that mod right now.

When I was working on HH, I did a Mel Allen sound file with Ernie Harwell doing commentary. That game only had about 3500 sound bits and it took me half a year. I still have the wave files on my server catalogued and everything. Seeing as I'm originally from Los Angeles, a three man booth with Scully, Mel Allen, and Ernie Harwell would be a mod for the ages. Can somebody confirm which game Vin was on? I'll f@#$ing work on that mod right now.

I have some old Playstation one games that he was on. MLB 98, 99 and 2000 you can find in the bargain bins. I still play this on occasion just because of his announcing.

To go back even further, if you can find a DOS game called Oldtime baseball you will hear Mel Allen and Curt Gowdy.

Mel Allen and Vin Scully would be a dream come true. Just bring on the Ballantine beer and let's play ball.

How about that? :wink:

If you are serious about doing this, we can work together and make it happen. Like I've said before, I've got all the player names catalogued.

Again, this mod also needs approval from the MVP Mods staff. We will be using copyrighted material to create this audio conversion. If they are willing to host this, we can start work next week.

• 3 weeks later...

HCL, I'm pretty serious about this. I've talked to Stecropper and I'm sure he could get Team Classics on it as it's right up their alley. I've been through this before with High Heat so I understand what an undertaking it would be. I'll leave it up to you to get the approval from the MVP staff. Please PM me for further discussion as I do not always check the forum threads. We'll make sure to post the really big announcements on the forum but there is so much to talk about that it will really clutter this thread.

Archived