MVP Commentators

weasel1238

Here is 20 minutes of game audio I captured. If anyone wants to play around with it, edit it, save clips, here's your chance. A lot of good stuff in there.

This is the first game that annoying stat guy popped up. He is quite brilliant. Yikes!

http://rapidshare.com/files/18469845/test.mp3.html

Just drop it in a program like Goldwave, etc and convert it over to a .wav.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dl'd and listened to your 20 minutes one.

Great stuff, not sure how you isolated everything so well, but I'm assuming you're giving up by now due to the workload?

Did you ever research how to crack those files open?

No, I didn't give up. Had food allergy yesterday (sneaky bastards at Ruby Tuesdays fry'd the French Fries in the same grease they did the fish).

I've just been playing the game with the crowd, sound effects and music turned off. Then, I drop the video file into Goldwave and save each selected phrase.

No, I didn't give up. Had food allergy yesterday (sneaky bastards at Ruby Tuesdays fry'd the French Fries in the same grease they did the fish).

I've just been playing the game with the crowd, sound effects and music turned off. Then, I drop the video file into Goldwave and save each selected phrase.

Off topic here, but I have food allergies too. It's the reason the Navy gave me the boot. I couldn't pass the physical to go back to sea, so they pushed me out the door. No retirement (had 16 years in), no medical. It sucks, but I'm over it.

OK...carry on. :)

My brother does as well, or one of my brothers does.

Anyway, you can't have an announcer for each team. Because there would be one voice saying the word BRAVES and another voice saying something like "Today's matchup is between the" another voice comes on: ATLANTA BRAVES, so it would be freaking weird. Two announcers tops is my opinion from looking into those files.

• 2 months later...

Why can't companies just use text editing like Paradox Entertainment? (Hearts of Iron, Voctoria, Europa Universalis). I just tryied fishing through the MVP05 files and i was in WAY over my head.

Hardcore, was the stumbling block the actual isolation of which files were which when it came to assigning wavs to them? Wouldn't it be nice if someone from EA offered the slightest hint?

I have High Heat 2003 and there is an audio program to preview/extract the files to wav's. The problems are that there is only one commentator, it's 4 years old so names would be a problem, and there are only 5000 or so files of commentary. Also it's Al Michaels, I think. There is a fiel with only last names, and a file with full names. While browsing the files I did find an interesting line where he sais "They've broken the curse of the Bambino! The Boston Red Sox have won the World Series!" If someone is serious, I can upload the files, which is around 200-300 mb and you can go through them, I don't plan to try and do this.

If everyone is absolutely serious about replacing the commentary, it CAN be done.

You need a group of dedicated modders with audio editing experience.

You need to assign certain things to each modder, like one person could do the audio for a certain team and their players.

Each file would need to be encoded the same way.

Resulting files would need to be given to one person for importing and then redistributed for testing, and then finally uploaded.

Archived